• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Storage, Stability and Potency

Shrooms staying good???

So I bought some magical mushrooms but am waiting for the right time to take the suckers. I wrapped them very well, and are in the fridge. My question is how long will they stay good? Is there a better place to store them? maybe the freezer? Will they lose potency?

Actually, I've read on another big mushroom forum saying "up to 2 years or more".
But I personally had some that were fine after 3.5 years. No noticable loss of potency. They were just rolled up tight in a ziploc bag and in a dark place. (B+ strain if it matters)

They'll last a while like that. I'm going to merge this with our Big & Dandy Mushroom Storage and Potency thread.

another question... I get very bad anxieties when I take them... if i take a little xanax could this help???

this is my favourite way of storing shrooms, first dry them thoroughly, then get your favourite large bottle of alcohol, i use rum and vodka. then fill the bottle with the shrooms. the vodka goes fluro blue, its a mad cool looking drink...the rum goes totally dark purple almost black.

sometimes, if i have heaps, or just want it to be mad strong i put say somewhere between 100- 200 or more dry grams in it, to do this you will need to grind them, as they swell to near original size........ and when you dose you only need one small shot,...this bottle is for storage over a long time, not for drinking in a weekend!!!

other times, most often now as this has become my way of ingesting, i put 10 - 30 dry grams in, as i like to have a few drinks that night etc,if there is 10 gm in there i know i can drink half a bottle no worries.......i prefer about 30 gm abottle tho... i dont grind these ones, they swell in the liquid and at the end of the bottle you can tip them out and eat em too...or just leave em as the residual alcohol stops rot and mold etc

any way cuz they are in alcohol, you can store them for years, decades i guess..why i dunno, but having a mega strong bottle of top shelf on the bar is enticing..

there are far more complicated ways of using alcohols to extract, and then purify and eventual crystalize, which in the past i have done too, however i couldnt be effed now, i just make me rum or vodka and off i go

i find a few hrs is all that is needed to get it going, even less really grund up etc, but i usually let it sit for a day or two, even longer sometimes...

i know some people may have issues with drinking and shroomin, and so it may not work for all, but it suits me..... alcohol relaxes the trip, always puts me in a good mood for the journey......and the alcohol extracts the good stuff real well...... and it really does sort the storage problem.......

just eat them when there in there prime,then go try to find some when you want to eat them again,thats what the majority of the world does

long term storage of mushrooms

i have some psychedelic mushrooms (probably P. cubensis) that i'd like to hold onto for awhile. what would be the best way of storing them for maybe a year or longer?

has anyone ever frozen their mushrooms?

when completely dry (snaps like a cracker instead of bending) you can seal the mushrooms in a glass jar with a packet of silica gel dessicant and store in the freezer. as long as the jar has a good seal, they will last over a year this way.

If you want to go really long term storage and also wish to save your freezer space you might want to consider grinding the mushrooms into a powder. Pack the powder in a ziploc-like bag so that there is no air trapped. Then store exactly the same as greenmeanies said.

One could argue whether you lose more potency due to grinding and having a powder that comes into contact with oxygen and moisture in the air for a brief while when processing, or that the oxygen in the air inevitably trapped when the mushrooms are not powdered slowly oxidizes the alkaloids.

Indeed the seal is very important, you might want to tape it shut an extra time so that the container does not accidentally snap open some time when you use the freezer.

(merged)

thanks for putting this in the right spot.

upon further investigation i realize my shrooms are not COMPLETELY dry. they bend, rather than snap. i think they may have absorbed moisture from the air while in my tent overnight (in one non-zipper sandwich bag).

are they ruined? :(
how can i dry them out without damaging them?

i shouldn't freeze them like this, correct?

My personal experience is that if they are dried and properly stored the will at least maintain potency if not possibly gain a little. My most intense mushroom trips were on 1.5grams of baby cubensis that I had saved for over a year in the back of my safe that was never opened and stayed as cool as the fridge even through muggy washington summers in a rambler. Now, I do admit that these few occasions i was also almost blackout drunk, but that being normal for back then I would have to say that I am not mis-judging too badly.

Also, if you find that your mushrooms are not 100% dry, you can check them thoroughly for mold, if you are iffy about it, throw them away. so far as I have seen it is damn near impossible to miss mold on mushrooms, especially if they are in a sealed container, not a pleasent aroma.

Just to add my experience, I dried them in the oven at 50°C, chooped them up, ground them up and now I keep them in alu foil packs of 1gr in the freezer.

0.5gr is 4hours of euphoria ;)

Haven't noticed loss of potency over 2months, will edit here if things change:)

best way to store them imo would be to put them dried in a big airtight container
then a thick layer of dessicant refill on the bottom of the container
and put like a mesh screen to keep the mushrooms from touching the dessicant
thats it and keep it cool and away from the dark
i just keep it in the closet and it stays potent and cracker dry for months

This is what i do and it works wonders..we dont store in a freezer, just a ziplock bag, but only after being completely dried..been in storage now @ least six months and still as potent...
happy trippin