• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

I love hotel festivals, that was actually the first decent festival I ever went to… It’s shut down now after cops got fed up with it but for awhile it was awesome. Getting blitzed then running around a hotel completely taken over by other weirdos, so much fun.

There would be 5-6 stages in all these different conference rooms and various areas, all with different electronic music in an old rave style where each stage had a specific genre more or less. Some stages had only a couple people and would be nice to retreat to. I even remember a room full of pillows to lay on, like the entire floor.

My very first time there me and my girl were pretty new to the scene, not in the drug and music sense but more in the culture and people. I simply didn’t know many people at that time still somewhat fresh from a completely different scene involving shooting heroin, smoking crack, and living sketchy.

We were rolling but took the little we had and were hoping to god we’d find more. As we danced this dude eyes us both up and just says “come with me..” We both look at each other like alright let’s see what’s up. He takes us up into his room where there’s maybe 20ppl crammed in, we walk in and they all get quiet for a moment.

Without skipping a beat he asks if we want a dip of molly, and again we look at each other like YA!

He doesn’t just lick his finger, he sucks his entire pinky finger and dips it in the bag coating the entire thing. My girl sucks it off, then he does again and looks at me.. I don’t say a word and suck that pinky like a crack whore sucks dick.

At that moment I felt the uninhibited openness that I was seeking in the EDM scene, that up until then I hadn’t found. This dude became a pretty good friend and hooked me up with some good MD after that. On the outside it looked weird, gay, whatever… But to me, that was one of the most generous positive memories I have.

God I love MDxx..

-GC

Normally I'm all about camp bisco every year but noone knows what's going on with that....but luckily they just announced Circle of Life festival (I haven't seen Rusko in a hot minute) maybe 15 minutes from my front door. There was another one in western mass but I totally forgot the name

Ocean's Calling Festival in Ocean City, Maryland 9/30 - 10/2. https://www.oceanscallingfestival.com/

Some of the bigger names & headliners include: Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, Dirty Heads, O.A.R., Grouplove, The Lumineers, Cage the Elephant, Logic, Young the Giant, Jimmy Eat World, Alanis Morissette, Cindy Lauper, & Sublime w/ Rome.

Pretty cool lineup, doesn't seem like it will be too massive of a festival either, just due to the size of the lineup. I would go just to see Cage the Elephant honestly. I'm hoping to go to this one, hopefully my gf will be ready to get out there by then. Funnily enough, my ex has of course already gotten tickets, so that should be interesting IF I do go through with it. But the way my life's going I'm kinda doubting I'll be able to make it, this is pretty much right after my court case and probation supposedly ends.

EDC was great.

Anyone else going to Global Dance Fest in Denver in July?
Ferry Corsten tomorrow? (not a music festival but just music)

Circus of life festival this weekend

Plus im now an official, on the books stage hand so im sure I'll get to do tons of cool shit now

If you like Corsten, see if his What the F tour is coming near you.

Last night he was on for 4.5-5 hours and it was a retrospective that covered a lot of years/material. Very fun night.

Froggy Daze this weekend. It's gonna get cold overnight. Dipping down to 41F Friday night. So bundle up.

Froggy Daze this weekend. It's gonna get cold overnight. Dipping down to 41F Friday night. So bundle up.

Have fun man! I just did one last weekend and first night was 70f second was 50f and def felt it. My brother woke up freezing in his hammock and bailed at like 6am lol.

I remember some festivals doing low 40f and fires are a must. That or you’ll bundled all to hell.

-GC

Yeah, I've been at festivals where it's 30F overnight in october. That's harvest tho. Sometimes its perfect. Othertimes you freeze.
It's the mornings that are worst. Cuz you sleep and you're somewhat warm. Then you step out of your tent and try to warm up. And there's no relief from the cold.
It's just keeps dipping colder and colder as it approaches this weekend. Winter jacket, two hoodies, winter hat. not quite mitten weather. But there's no heated buildings really I don't think.

Perfect weather for Homegrown to play some Arctic Cold.
At least the beer will stay cold too.

Yea I always have enough layers where if I simply passed out in the woods I’d survive lol I always make sure I’m prepped. Probably due to my time spent in the woods.

Does Harvest allow fires? I know it’s hit or miss depending on the festival whether they allow it or not.

One festival memory I have was from late September 2013. It was low 40’s and we had built fires literally everywhere around festival grounds. Every camp site had one and there were multiple large ones at each stage. The main stage we got one roaring that musta had 100ppl around it. Probably a liability nightmare but it was amazing taking those moments to talk with the random wide pupil eyed person next to you as they flickered in the firelight.

You sound like my brother, that’s the first thing he’d say about the cold too “least my beers stay cool..” lol

-GC

These festivals prefer you keep your fire contained in a metal pit that is off the ground. you know what I'm describing?
I don't have a pit for that. But I will go from site to site if it's too cold. Plus theres always a huge bonfire close to the stage that the festers gather at.
It should be dry all weekend. Anyway, I bought a 10'x10' canopy for cover. and another camping chair for company. Picnic tables at every site.
These are the closest thing to woodstock they offer round here. Harvest more so. But froggy is only a couple miles from teh original woodstock site. Bethel woods, or Yasgur's farm, where I've camped too.

And I think i figured out how to hang tapestries from a canopy. Neodymium disc magnets which should arrive today.

These festivals prefer you keep your fire contained in a metal pit that is off the ground. you know what I'm describing?
I don't have a pit for that. But I will go from site to site if it's too cold. Plus theres always a huge bonfire close to the stage that the festers gather at.
It should be dry all weekend. Anyway, I bought a 10'x10' canopy for cover. and another camping chair for company. Picnic tables at every site.
These are the closest thing to woodstock they offer round here. Harvest more so. But froggy is only a couple miles from teh original woodstock site. Bethel woods, or Yasgur's farm, where I've camped too.

And I think i figured out how to hang tapestries from a canopy. Neodymium disc magnets which should arrive today.
how long is the drive up ? i'm too lazy to look it up ! honest.