• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe My god, Has ANYONE successfully tried and done the Bernese method or microdosed onto Suboxone from opioids?????

Did it work?
I am new to bluelight and I am in desperate need of help. I am trying to get off fent (i snort it 1/2-1 gram per day) for 3 months.. and I've read about the bernese method. I have plenty of 8mg suboxone, and actually took a couple of them after 36 hours of last fent use and thought I was going to DIE!!! WORST precipitated withdrawals ever!! The only thing that helped me after hours of agonizing withdrawal was more fent... so now I'm scared to try the subs again, but need to get off this stuff. Please any advice would be appreciated. Please help me.

I am new to bluelight and I am in desperate need of help. I am trying to get off fent (i snort it 1/2-1 gram per day) for 3 months.. and I've read about the bernese method. I have plenty of 8mg suboxone, and actually took a couple of them after 36 hours of last fent use and thought I was going to DIE!!! WORST precipitated withdrawals ever!! The only thing that helped me after hours of agonizing withdrawal was more fent... so now I'm scared to try the subs again, but need to get off this stuff. Please any advice would be appreciated. Please help me.
Did you read this thread ? A lot of good experience. The main thing is you don't want to take large amounts during your induction.

By the way withdrawals whether precipitated or simply from going cold turkey from opioids are almost never fatal, even though you may feel that way. Barbiturate or alcohol and even benzodiazepine withdrawal all more dangerous.

The longer you keep snorting Fentanyl the more likely you will die from respiratory depression followed by coma and death from aspiration ( inhaling your own vomit as your body tries one last desperate attempt to rid itself of the poison) or coma

Godspeed

Keep scrolling through somebody supposedly did it and it tells you how they did it I’m doing it right now I’m on a half mg for the first two days

It’s on page 3

This may sound crazy but it got me off heroin the first time (lased with fent) . I took 4mg of sub 10 minutes after a shot. Went into precipitated withdrawal and did a shot, which relived most of the PW. Then waited 10 more minutes and took another 4mg of sub.

I did NOT go into PW after the 2nd 4mg dose, and was able to kick the dope and maintain the sub with just minor withdrawal for a day

This may sound crazy but it got me off heroin the first time (lased with fent) . I took 4mg of sub 10 minutes after a shot. Went into precipitated withdrawal and did a shot, which relived most of the PW. Then waited 10 more minutes and took another 4mg of sub.

I did NOT go into PW after the 2nd 4mg dose, and was able to kick the dope and maintain the sub with just minor withdrawal for a day

AWESOME ❤💙💖

Thank you for posting this. I’ve finally decided to go the medication way of recovery and my first appointment is tomorrow. I’ve already talked to a couple nurses there and they’ve already mentioned that I most likely will be doing the Burnese method because I’m a fentanyl addict. I’ve been so worried about the PW so it’s good to read about someone who has gotten through the process. Thanks again And you should be proud of yourself that you came up with that schedule and it worked for you!
? How did it go?

Hello, dear Friends.
To get back to the OPs question , the "Burmese method" did work for me.
(If you want to get to the "how" part of my story ,skip a few paragraphs please)
I have to dig deep and signed up again to reply, for I have been away for a long time.
I've been here many years (ago) and was formerly known as sleepwalker.
On the OPs question, i remember that after my fent addiction i first had to switch back to using heroin.
Tapering with fent was impossible for me at the time.
I did manage to get off the opioids and heroin for many years, after I had an encounter with the God of the bible.
I heard a voice in my locked room, at the moment I had decided to end my life.
I was shooting a gram of herion a day and saw no other way out.
I shouted to the sky:I dont want this life anymore!
I was 26 at the time.
The voice told me I had to repent...make a 180° turn from the darkness to the light.
(That may sound weird, but i have no reason to lie...)
And I did. I was found by Jesus and went from living an antichrist- lifestyle to becoming a Christian.
And I still am a believer and follower of Jesus up to this day.

Thats the backstory, but life wasn't all easypeasy at once. I did quit the herion, but I married a narsistic psychopath of a woman and ended up raising 2 kids as a single father, after she couldnt take care of the kids any longer and ran off with my best friend.
And there were stil many times of drugabuse in those years, for it was the only way i knew to cope with my pain, besides trustingin and praying to Jesus.

But life had another test for me, i was diagnosed with coloncancer at 46 and it had spread to my lymphnodes and I was told iti inoperable...
But my faith was strong and i knew that this disease wouldt not be to the death.
So my Doctors started chemos and radiationtherapy, and after half a year 2 Docters decided they were going to try to operate on me. Nothing to lose, so to speak.

But while i passed the chemos and radiations, i already knew, when i would wake up, I'd have to take opioids again to cope with the pain after the surgery. The pain was so bad ,they started me on oxycodone 80 and i got a constant Ketamine drip.
I did recover and have been cancerfree for 4 years now. But was addicted to opioids again....

Now for the way i used the Burmese method. After stabilising on the oxis, until the pain was bearable, i switched from oxicodon to smoking heroin again. I helped against the pain and i was able to taper to less and less. Until i was below 0.20 grams a day.
I did use small ammounts of Ketamine or 2FDCK to keep my mood changes in control.
Then i remember continuing on the lowest dose of herion, and started snorting miniscule ammounts of suboxone.
Bioavailability with snoting is around 50%, while subligual is around 40%.
I did not get any heavy PWDs, just minor inconveniences.
After 2 weeks i dropped down off the herion and slowly added minute ammounts of suboxone.
I ended at 2mg and never have taken a higher dosage.
So, when i stabilised on 2mg of Sub, i consulted with my Doctor and decided to taper down with the sub, at the same time I switched from Suboxone to Temgesic. I didnt need the naltrexone, for i never felt the need to shoot up in over 20 years.
The Temgesic comes in 0,2mg tablets and i tapered one pill at a time , until i am now steady ar 0,2mg Temgesic and have been able to build a healthy lifestyle with that dosage.
I've got a new job, found the loveliest fiancee, i could ever dream of and when there is a " bump in the road" the Temgesic keeps me straight, with no ongoing relapses or rampant backsliding.

I hope my story gives you some hope, for it is possible, although switching from opioids like fent or oxi to herion is not included in the original Burmese method, it can work and make reaching a healthier and stable life possible.

I wish you alll the love, strength and courage you need to reach that place of serenity you do deserve!

I just got through 3 days of fent detox/sub induction reading this thread, so thanks everyone.
It sucked. I got myself on 2mg AM & PM (4mg total) subs and am stable now. It was 3 days of hell but I feel SO much better now. I couldn't wait the 72 hours and ate about 1mg sub about 36 hours in and got about 12 hours PWS for my trouble. I already felt like shit so it didn't matter THAT much. After 12 hours I tried another 1mg of sub. Still sick. But it got better. By day 3 I was able to take 2mg sub and not get PWS. By day 4 I stabilized and am still doing 2mg AM and 2mg PM. I plan to start tapering down the subs from here next week, 1/4 mg per dose every 4 days. If you have fent in you there is no way to avoid getting really sick (I believe the Bernese probably works but I don't have that kind of time or willpower). The subs help because they are a light at the end of the tunnel. Make a plan & stick to it. I did all of my shit (including resins and "emergency" hidden stashes) last Sunday night and went for it Monday. By Thursday I'd stabilized. I know it's hard, especially if you have work or kids but try to get 4 days to yourself and just DO it. The sickness will go away once you stabilize on the subs. Try for the lowest dose possible. AM & PM work best for me because a night dose keeps me from freaking out about not being able to sleep. I don't want to be on subs forever either but tapering off them is SO much better than the Fent. Good luck all. Thanks for your posts. I read them the whole time I was at my sickest last week. Im a million times better, 7 days later. You can do it.
Just FYI I have an extensive op/H/Fent habit, 10+ years strong with very little clean time. This is the first time I've really wanted to stop, mainly due to not being able to get anything without Fent in it. I can't afford the amount of "real" pills I need to stay well. And if you're arguing to yourself you cant afford to take off work, like I was, think about how much $$ a week of drugs costs :/ be well and good luck.
Ty. Im on day 3 of bermese method, im scared but so far so good....

I want to start this method where you microdose suboxone while still taking opioid of choice over 7-14 days depending.

If you don’t know what it is look up Bernese Method.

I was prescribed this method by my doctor but I can’t seem to find one SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS DONE IT that can tell me their experience. My god I am losing my mind here!!!

I have read every study out there.

I need to get on suboxone and because of the way fentanyl is it doesn’t matter how long you wait you will go into precipitated withdrawal and I’m sick as a dog by 18 hours so I can’t wait 48 hours.

Is there not one soul in this whole forum that has done it???????
I’m doing it right now how did it work for you?

I want to start this method where you microdose suboxone while still taking opioid of choice over 7-14 days depending.

If you don’t know what it is look up Bernese Method.

I was prescribed this method by my doctor but I can’t seem to find one SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS DONE IT that can tell me their experience. My god I am losing my mind here!!!

I have read every study out there.

I need to get on suboxone and because of the way fentanyl is it doesn’t matter how long you wait you will go into precipitated withdrawal and I’m sick as a dog by 18 hours so I can’t wait 48 hours.

Is there not one soul in this whole forum that has done it???????
Try talking to the guys over at Bicycle Health. They have some experience with subox and Fentanyl. You can usually get a dame day video appt

Thank you for posting this. I’ve finally decided to go the medication way of recovery and my first appointment is tomorrow. I’ve already talked to a couple nurses there and they’ve already mentioned that I most likely will be doing the Burnese method because I’m a fentanyl addict. I’ve been so worried about the PW so it’s good to read about someone who has gotten through the process. Thanks again And you should be proud of yourself that you came up with that schedule and it worked for you!
How did it work for you?

I need help. Was snorting this purple stuff that was coming out of Baltimore, was told it was fent. At first a match stick head size would floor me, full nods etc.. over a period of weeks needed more and more to where I ended up last week snorting 1 gram a day to just be sick.. I don't really even know what it was. I am So disappointed in myself because I have had a problem with opiates for years and I have been on subboxes for 3 years when I decided to stop taking my subs and try this purple stuff. I am so upset with myself I'm so depressed I can't stop crying I'm so mad at myself that I did this after how far I had come but we will skip to the problem at hand. Now I am trying to quit and I'm getting all kinds of different information. My boyfriend who was doing it with me waited 36 hours from the last dose of the purple stuff and took a sub and he had the worst PWP i have ever seen in my life and almost went to the hospital. He had only taken 18 mg trip and it threw him in to the withdrawals I did the same thing that day but I took 32 mg at 1 time I didn't feel great but I wasn't having the serious withdrawals that he was having. Because we were feeling so bad because we took the subs too early we went and got more of the purple stuff because that was the only thing that would make us feel normal and like I said he was about to die on my couch so that was the only thing that instantly made him better. So fast forward a month so in total I would say we did this for 3 to 4 months only and only the snorting route and that's where we are now we have like 50 subs but we are afraid to take them. I also have 15 50 mg tramadol but I don't know anything about them I don't know if They would help me transition from the sentinel to the training hall to the subs like a bridge method. Over the last 7 to 10 days we were trying to do the Burmese method where we were taking very little strips of sub along with very little amounts of the purple stuff gradually increasing the suboxone and tapering down the purple ..well we did that and my boyfriend was 3 days without the fentanyl and had like 6-8 MG of subs in him from microdosing, But felt horrible last night again so he stuck on a fentanyl patch which I advised him not to do because I told him that's putting him back at day one because he was doing the Burmese methor me's message introducing the subs while lowering the Finney and by putting the patch on and I think it made him start over I don't know. And of course because he did it and I was feeling bad I put on the patch too, well we both slept through the night but I woke up feeling so groggy and out of it so I immediately took the patch off and I feel better and so does he. We did A line of Coke this am and that seems to help tremendously with the withdrawals for some reason. So what do we do now?? I have patches, I have tramadol and a lot of suboxones. I'm trying to get 10mg oxycodone to maybe transition over. I'm wondering if the tramadol can help us transition. Like going from fent, to tramadol, to subs. I also have a few Xanax and weed. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced. It's not like any other opiate where u just take subs when u stay feeling bad. No wonder people can't quit. I think I have all the tools to be able to do this and not have any withdrawals but I don't know exactly how I should do it.. any and all advice is welcome. PLEASE I really need help!! thank you in advance.

Ty. Im on day 3 of bermese method, im scared but so far so good....
I need help. Was snorting this purple stuff that was coming out of Baltimore, was told it was fent. At first a match stick head size would floor me, full nods etc.. over a period of weeks needed more and more to where I ended up last week snorting 1 gram a day to just be sick.. I don't really even know what it was. I am So disappointed in myself because I have had a problem with opiates for years and I have been on subboxes for 3 years when I decided to stop taking my subs and try this purple stuff. I am so upset with myself I'm so depressed I can't stop crying I'm so mad at myself that I did this after how far I had come but we will skip to the problem at hand. Now I am trying to quit and I'm getting all kinds of different information. My boyfriend who was doing it with me waited 36 hours from the last dose of the purple stuff and took a sub and he had the worst PWP i have ever seen in my life and almost went to the hospital. He had only taken 18 mg trip and it threw him in to the withdrawals I did the same thing that day but I took 32 mg at 1 time I didn't feel great but I wasn't having the serious withdrawals that he was having. Because we were feeling so bad because we took the subs too early we went and got more of the purple stuff because that was the only thing that would make us feel normal and like I said he was about to die on my couch so that was the only thing that instantly made him better. So fast forward a month so in total I would say we did this for 3 to 4 months only and only the snorting route and that's where we are now we have like 50 subs but we are afraid to take them. I also have 15 50 mg tramadol but I don't know anything about them I don't know if They would help me transition from the sentinel to the training hall to the subs like a bridge method. Over the last 7 to 10 days we were trying to do the Burmese method where we were taking very little strips of sub along with very little amounts of the purple stuff gradually increasing the suboxone and tapering down the purple ..well we did that and my boyfriend was 3 days without the fentanyl and had like 6-8 MG of subs in him from microdosing, But felt horrible last night again so he stuck on a fentanyl patch which I advised him not to do because I told him that's putting him back at day one because he was doing the Burmese methor me's message introducing the subs while lowering the Finney and by putting the patch on and I think it made him start over I don't know. And of course because he did it and I was feeling bad I put on the patch too, well we both slept through the night but I woke up feeling so groggy and out of it so I immediately took the patch off and I feel better and so does he. We did A line of Coke this am and that seems to help tremendously with the withdrawals for some reason. So what do we do now?? I have patches, I have tramadol and a lot of suboxones. I'm trying to get 10mg oxycodone to maybe transition over. I'm wondering if the tramadol can help us transition. Like going from fent, to tramadol, to subs. I also have a few Xanax and weed. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced. It's not like any other opiate where u just take subs when u stay feeling bad. No wonder people can't quit. I think I have all the tools to be able to do this and not have any withdrawals but I don't know exactly how I should do it.. any and all advice is welcome. PLEASE I really need help!! thank you in advance.

.5 day 1, .5 twice a day on day 2, day 3 .5 3xs a day....
Update