• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

NAC: A simple way to restore the magic?

HOOH

Bluelighter
So I came across this Reddit thread, which detailed usage of N-Acetyl Cysteine to reverse neurotoxicity & restore the magic caused by meth/MDMA usage.

I think this could help out a lot of people.

So I came across this Reddit thread, which detailed usage of N-Acetyl Cysteine to reverse neurotoxicity & restore the magic caused by meth/MDMA usage.

I think this could help out a lot of people.
I remember someone on bluelight that made a thread about that I believe. I'll see if I can find it later

I'd be interested to read how this works

Regardless a good supplement anyway and I don't think it has any interactions

So Possible interactions with heavy serotonin releasers, mdma, 5 mapb, are passion flower and 5-HTP yes I know you're supposed to use 5 HTP after is cliche but in my experience I got serotonin syndrome and I'll never use five-HTP a few days after until I think whatever I took is out of my system

If you use l Dopa found in velvet beans too long months and weeks before doing a serotonin releaser, it'll cost you to roll harder but you have way more side effects afterwards. L dopa works by lowering serotonin levels and raising dopamine levels ,both of the opposite one another.

Last edited:
Yea that guy came on here and we had a lovely discussion about it. Essentially he left cuz he couldn’t handle critiques of his method, as well some members here have found no benefit.

Not saying it doesn’t work, I do believe there’s something to it with the large amount of positive reports, just not for everyone.

-GC

anyone have any science behind Nac "restoring the magic"? I doubt it would effect serotonin ion any way, although im open to research.

I know its a antioxidant, Ive used ity since 2004. been taking in past two months for liver health. FDA is going after it now, as it helps respiratory function , and covid. It works by raising glutathione levels, they have injection glutathione some "health clinics " "prescribe" or you can buy

Alpha lopiac acid has been said to reduce or cause no neurotoxicity if taking before rolling. Its been a myth a long time, and ive never seen any science to support this. I take this supplement daily as well and have a long time.

If your a healthy person, and use supplements, multis, antioxidants, theres so many supplements, exercise, eat righty, take adaquate breaks between rolls youll be fine. Twenty years ago I was no way into health, fitness, supplements like I am now, and would also roll sometimes two or three times a month, and sometimes two or three times a week, thats was common for me, thankfully since then ,I learned my lesson and can use an entactogen if wanted. Moreover, even four years ago I used four times in a year and that was too much .

Hmm. I had 6 years apart taking mdma, The magic never came back, i tried almost 20 times before i lost all interest. Now i have been without mdma for a long time, over a year, i sure miss The loving feeling but i know it'll never be the same.. If someone looked at me while i was high, they would think i was rolling hard, but The truth was i was just laying and trying to sleep or just looked being high but feeling like okayish and still missing the love and magic. Pointless drug for me nowadays and it really sucks.

Hmm. I had 6 years apart taking mdma, The magic never came back, i tried almost 20 times before i lost all interest. Now i have been without mdma for a long time, over a year, i sure miss The loving feeling but i know it'll never be the same.. If someone looked at me while i was high, they would think i was rolling hard, but The truth was i was just laying and trying to sleep or just looked being high but feeling like okayish and still missing the love and magic. Pointless drug for me nowadays and it really sucks.
I can't believe the brain never goes back. Might be more to do with the quality of the mdma

Can I ask what losing the magic actually feels like?

As in do you still feel the effect coming on and the vision changing a little so you know it's taken effect?
You just don't feel anything like as good as it was previous times or it just a bit meh.

Can I ask what losing the magic actually feels like?

As in do you still feel the effect coming on and the vision changing a little so you know it's taken effect?
You just don't feel anything like as good as it was previous times or it just a bit meh.
It feels like you've taken something what makes you only high but does not feel anything special or as intense as it should. Something is missing and you can't relax and enjoy the ride.

It feels like you've taken something what makes you only high but does not feel anything special or as intense as it should. Something is missing and you can't relax and enjoy the ride.
Thanks. May have happened to me even though I've only ever taken it 5 times in my life

I have taken an eight-week course of NAC prior to rolling. I stop one week before. (See my preload / postload post)

It has had a noticeable effect, although not the be all and end all. Of course, I never lost the magic, so I can’t say it brought it back. If I had lost the magic, I would try NAC, as you’ve nothing to lose, and the higher glutathione levels should offer greater protection.

I read that NAC can no longer be sold OTC as a supplement, as it is considered a drug. Is it still available without a prescription?

When I was in rehab, they gave NAC to the cocaine folks with the advice to take one bag (600mg) when cravings arise. People didn't find it too useful but also the dosage was probably too low. I've read a bunch of articles about it and tried higher dosages (1.8g) but without any real effects. It has a very poor bioavailability so needs to be megadosed.

Anybody getting noticeable effects from NAC?

Here are a couple of studies. One shows attenuation of neurotoxicity of MDMA via pretreatment with NAC and one by post treatment with NAC (in rats)

Here's another good study in regards to NAC and Meth:

I'm currently experimenting with the following supplements:

1200mg NAC

+

4000mg Fucoxanthin

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1756464621003625

+

3000mg tumeric/curcumin

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0161813X21000346

+

3000mg of St.Johns Wort

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939296/

While I've only been on this regimen for a few days, I can honestly say I've noticed quite a difference.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that NAC could be carcinogenic.

Or could this just be fear-driven mumbo jumbo?

I personally have a bottle of it that I've been neglecting.

there were some other studies i saw where it reduced mutagen markers for smokers, so maybe judging by your profile pic it would ballance out :p