• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Naloxone after 2weeks daily use ?

I visit them once a month and this is starting my 3rd month with them and they included a naloxone spray with my regular script, is that normal to get from them nowadays ?
I’ve been second guessing my original idea to take my meds ( 5mg - 4x a day ) for two weeks now which is exactly as prescribed and would like to know how the naloxone would make me feel after just two weeks of a low dose but everyday use ?

All the Dr.s here in Michigan provide naloxone to everyone with their opioid script. One guy I know has like 50 boxes of the stuff as he never uses it. I told him to give it away to the FD and PD as it does little good to have all that just collecting dust. Told him to quit getting it every single month when he re-ups his scripts as it's just a waste. Pretty soon he will have a closet full.

Stupid.

Don't shoot yourself with nalaxone if you even have a low dose in your system. That's not what it is designed for. It's to save peoples lives that have taken a fatal overdose. But if you want to experiment...let us know how it goes.

Naloxone is a dirty scary drug, I once - before any real opioid use, so in opi naive state - crushed and snorted a tilidin/naloxone 100/4mg pill believing naloxone would only work when injected but boy was I wrong, even the fraction of the pill was enough to give me a hour of pure agony. Never again. It is a life safer in OD conditions but that's it. Weird that they give so much naloxone but it's good that it's available and given.

So, my 2 cents are, don't use it when not necessary but YMMV.

Naltrexone on the other hand is seemingly good when used in ultra low dosages to keep helping tolerance growing in check but the amounts used are very very small, in the mcg range.

that's pretty cool I didn't know they did that
Yep. They started about 2 years ago when the big " crisis " started. It was a smart move that I'm sure helped a few peeps that IV'ed their dilaudids or morphine scripts but it was kind of silly to give it away to patients that just had a Vicodin script. Not that enough Norco's couldn't kill you I suppose but I haven't heard of anyone having been narcan'ed for taking an extra pill. Guy that hoarded the extra boxes was just taking the norcos.

All the Dr.s here in Michigan provide naloxone to everyone with their opioid script. One guy I know has like 50 boxes of the stuff as he never uses it. I told him to give it away to the FD and PD as it does little good to have all that just collecting dust. Told him to quit getting it every single month when he re-ups his scripts as it's just a waste. Pretty soon he will have a closet full.
If that’s the case with me that ,I’ll get them every month I know two people I can give some too because they have family members doing some kind of pain medication or dope ..

It’s a nasal spray ,not injections
Stupid.

Don't shoot yourself with nalaxone if you even have a low dose in your system. That's not what it is designed for. It's to save peoples lives that have taken a fatal overdose. But if you want to experiment...let us know how it goes.
I understand , I was going to use it once then take a break for a week of so and go back to my once or twice a week use,.. To me the only time the oxy works is the first dose of the day so taking them as prescribed (1 every 6 hrs) is a waste of good oxy and just seems like an easy way to build a habit for nothing in return .
Doing them once or twice a week is a way to always feel nice from taking them plus you always have a shitload extra , kinda like how your friend has a surplus of naloxone

Thank you

Naloxone is a dirty scary drug, I once - before any real opioid use, so in opi naive state - crushed and snorted a tilidin/naloxone 100/4mg pill believing naloxone would only work when injected but boy was I wrong, even the fraction of the pill was enough to give me a hour of pure agony. Never again. It is a life safer in OD conditions but that's it. Weird that they give so much naloxone but it's good that it's available and given.

So, my 2 cents are, don't use it when not necessary but YMMV.

Naltrexone on the other hand is seemingly good when used in ultra low dosages to keep helping tolerance growing in check but the amounts used are very very small, in the mcg range.
It was given to me once by EMT’s ,it’s great that they brought me back but it sucked being handcuffed to a gurney

If that’s the case with me that ,I’ll get them every month I know two people I can give some too because they have family members doing some kind of pain medication or dope ..

It’s a nasal spray ,not injections

I understand , I was going to use it once then take a break for a week of so and go back to my once or twice a week use,.. To me the only time the oxy works is the first dose of the day so taking them as prescribed (1 every 6 hrs) is a waste of good oxy and just seems like an easy way to build a habit for nothing in return .
Doing them once or twice a week is a way to always feel nice from taking them plus you always have a shitload extra , kinda like how your friend has a surplus of naloxone

Thank you
Smart that you only take your oxy in the AM to get going and not pop it all day if there is no return. And yes, having spares is really nice. Yeah, he has the nasal ones as well. I think there were 2 in each box so he had like 100 of them. I hope he is giving them to first responders and just keeping a few just in case. And your'e welcome for sure.

It was given to me once by EMT’s ,it’s great that they brought me back but it sucked being handcuffed to a gurney

It was once given to me by an EMT when I was on 380mg/day of methadone. But I was wide awake and was begging him not to do it. Although I probably was not saying it in the nicest way. Talking about discomfort 🥶

Precipitated withdrawal from a methadone habit that large is not only uncomfortable, it can be dangerous. I'm surprised I didn't start hallucinating like the time I cold turkey'ed IV heroin (I always thought opioid withdrawal hallucinations was it myth until it happened to me).

If I found the guy I'd do something to make him remember me, fortunately I don't recall his name or face. He did it to be an asshole, since I was wide awake and pleading with him not to. A guy like that needs his thumbs removed to prevent him from injecting people with torture liquid out of spite (like he did to me, and ostensibly others).

As to your question, don't take naloxone unless you have to. You won't like it.

It was once given to me by an EMT when I was on 380mg/day of methadone. But I was wide awake and was begging him not to do it. Although I probably was not saying it in the nicest way. Talking about discomfort 🥶

Precipitated withdrawal from a methadone habit that large is not only uncomfortable, it can be dangerous. I'm surprised I didn't start hallucinating like the time I cold turkey'ed IV heroin (I always thought opioid withdrawal hallucinations was it myth until it happened to me).

If I found the guy I'd do something to make him remember me, fortunately I don't recall his name or face. He did it to be an asshole, since I was wide awake and pleading with him not to. A guy like that needs his thumbs removed to prevent him from injecting people with torture liquid out of spite (like he did to me, and ostensibly others).

As to your question, don't take naloxone unless you have to. You won't like it.
Did you OD or something ,How long did the withdrawal last from that much methadone?

I’m not gonna try it, when I googled it and found out what it was something popped up in the search bar that 90%+ of people walk out the hospital within 1 hour of getting naloxone and that got me thinking …….

Did you OD or something ,How long did the withdrawal last from that much methadone?

I’m not gonna try it, when I googled it and found out what it was something popped up in the search bar that 90%+ of people walk out the hospital within 1 hour of getting naloxone and that got me thinking …….

I had taken a bunch of phenobarbital and was very asleep so someone called the paramedics. I was partially ignoring the person but I was out cold for a while. When the paramedics showed up I woke up instantly.

I was released within a few hours, walked home and took close to 90 something 10mg methadone tablets (almost a gram), the largest dose I've ever consumed (which wasn't an attempt to poison myself, I just wanted to feel better after that unbelievably painful precipitated withdrawal experience).

I had taken a bunch of phenobarbital and was very asleep so someone called the paramedics. I was partially ignoring the person but I was out cold for a while. When the paramedics showed up I woke up instantly.

I was released within a few hours, walked home and took close to 90 something 10mg methadone tablets (almost a gram), the largest dose I've ever consumed (which wasn't an attempt to poison myself, I just wanted to feel better after that unbelievably painful precipitated withdrawal experience).
He was just a fucking dick…