• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

New secretive "alcohol alternative"

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to people who know me, but I've always felt like we get too anal about staying on topic.

I mean sure. You wanna strive to remain roughly on topic. But I don't think natural tangents in the discussion are bad. A lot of them burn out quickly on their own and when they don't that just means we get 2 threads out of one when it gets split off.

But just killing divergent discussions before they've even happened has always seemed a little silly to me.

I'm certainly guilty of derailing threads. Obviously yeah, that's not the main goal. I've noticed a lot of threads start on topic then eventually the threads always turn into a different subject.

I love it. It helps keep BL active, IMO.

There's a reason I'm on BL and not DF.

I'm certainly guilty of derailing threads. Obviously yeah, that's not the main goal. I've noticed a lot of threads start on topic then eventually the threads always turn into a different subject.

I love it. It helps keep BL active, IMO.

There's a reason I'm on BL and not DF.

The reason I'm on bl and not df is when I applied they wanted me to explain my drug history and why I wanted to join and I just went "fuck this noise".

Anyway what were we talking about? Santa or something?

Soo, I've been doing some googling.

I've found articles about new synthetic alcohol alternatives that don't give you hangover every years back to 2000 when I stopped looking. :p

Basically it seems to be one of those things tabloid journalism digs up over and over but never goes anywhere.

Chances are if it's really good it'll never take off. I mean, seriously, hell, why do people think the governments are trying to ban vaping or at least make it really difficult to obtain? Because there is already a historical and cultural obsession with a certain substance that the "new kid on the block" is trying to emulate.

Vaping emulates cigarette smoking too well, and that's why governments want it gone, so their mates in a closed shop get to control the market and force people to pay through their arse for whatever it is they desire - in this case it's to get a buzz from tobacco. Anything that threatens that unilateral money-making scheme gets dropped on its head faster than you can blink.

If this cocktail of chemicals emulates alcohol, you can guess where that one will be going. A few media hysterics, a few "concerned" politicians, get the tabloids on it and work up some hired mouthpieces, and some public moral hysteria, and it's game over. Nothing like bad publicity and even outright lies, to squash the competition.

You know the government fucking hates vaping. And you know the government will fucking hate this too.

lmao, just joking obviously

but in all seriousness my dad would get drunk, have a "talk" with me... which ended up him literally saying that I'm never going to amount to anything, I have his genes and will always be a fuck up like him. He called it the "[Familyname] Curse"

I was like 8.... yeah.... you can probably understand why I hate my father :D
Jesus christ dude sorry to hear that

lmao, just joking obviously

but in all seriousness my dad would get drunk, have a "talk" with me... which ended up him literally saying that I'm never going to amount to anything, I have his genes and will always be a fuck up like him. He called it the "[Familyname] Curse"

I was like 8.... yeah.... you can probably understand why I hate my father :D
Haha small world my uncle gave me that same speech a time or two before he got drunk enough to “ teach me how to fight” and proceeded to kick the living piss out of me.. sorry you had to go through that kinda shit. Ahhh.. good old uncle Steve that fuckers got his own special corner in hell..

maybe i need a higher dose but 4g didnt even put me to sleep.

Wow, really? The thing about GHB is that it can be diluted to any strength. If it tasted salty it was GHB, but the GHB I've had has been like supersaturated salt water, makes my face screw up involuntarily it's so salty. 4 grams of that stuff is too much at once.

I actually love GHB, it's one of my very favorite recreational drugs. Makes me feel fearless and disinhibited, touch sensitivity almost like MDMA, makes me feel loving and I will say everything that comes to mind. Also it's without question my favorite sex enhancer, GHB sex is insanely good.

Wow, really? The thing about GHB is that it can be diluted to any strength. If it tasted salty it was GHB, but the GHB I've had has been like supersaturated salt water, makes my face screw up involuntarily it's so salty. 4 grams of that stuff is too much at once.

I actually love GHB, it's one of my very favorite recreational drugs. Makes me feel fearless and disinhibited, touch sensitivity almost like MDMA, makes me feel loving and I will say everything that comes to mind. Also it's without question my favorite sex enhancer, GHB sex is insanely good.

sounds like alcohol to me. i feel the same on alcohol

Yeah it was a pretty reputable source I think, then had some from a friend and had same issue. Could be faulty memory but I remember 4g being very mild. There was so much G dissolved in the water it was thick and almost syrupy.

I have only tried GHB twice and both times it was a solution in a syringes. Normally 3ml syringes, how many grams that was i don't know but all it did was made me feel drunk AF and with a bit of memory loss the next day. So not sure if that is for me.

I have only tried GHB twice and both times it was a solution in a syringes. Normally 3ml syringes, how many grams that was i don't know but all it did was made me feel drunk AF and with a bit of memory loss the next day. So not sure if that is for me.

Didn't like it one bit. Purchased some years ago when transactions were carried out on the alt.drugs bulletin boards. I seem to remember having to mix up two chemicals to make the sodium salt then dissolve shitloads in water to make a fuckin disgusting salty drink that just make me feel weird. But that was before I got into booze so I may appreciate it more now.

Didn't like it one bit. Purchased some years ago when transactions were carried out on the alt.drugs bulletin boards. I seem to remember having to mix up two chemicals to make the sodium salt then dissolve shitloads in water to make a fuckin disgusting salty drink that just make me feel weird. But that was before I got into booze so I may appreciate it more now.
that's the problem for me, both times i tried it i was already half drunk and on kat. So i can't really gazed (not sure if i spelled that right or if it was even the right word to use, sorry) it on that. so i still need to take it on it's own to really know how it feels and what it does to me. That's the problem when you already fuct and just wanna add more stuff to the mix.

Why not 2-methyl-2-butanol. From my (very limited) experience it's fine, feels non-toxic and doesn't build up aldehyde like with ethanol, so should be free of toxic hangover. Or is there something I overlooked?

Why not 2-methyl-2-butanol. From my (very limited) experience it's fine, feels non-toxic and doesn't build up aldehyde like with ethanol, so should be free of toxic hangover. Or is there something I overlooked?

like, where do you get this shit from??

like, where do you get this shit from??
In other times we had the UK based RC business which infamously got shut down :( I miss the times of pharm grade MXE for dirt cheap ... but exist a reputable yet expensive source off Canada I know of, guess there are more but also that I'm not allowed to tell more.. I have more the issue of being afraid of customs (for reason, I'll lose chance to get residential permit when not caring) but unfortunately probably best route would be to get it legitimately though somebody at a pharmacy or university or yourself if any chance, yet.. out of reach for most of us..

In other times we had the UK based RC business which infamously got shut down :( I miss the times of pharm grade MXE for dirt cheap ... but exist a reputable yet expensive source off Canada I know of, guess there are more but also that I'm not allowed to tell more.. I have more the issue of being afraid of customs (for reason, I'll lose chance to get residential permit when not caring) but unfortunately probably best route would be to get it legitimately though somebody at a pharmacy or university or yourself if any chance, yet.. out of reach for most of us..
I remember this stuff being available for a while, and I believe I know the place in Canada you speak of but if I’m not mistaken there were some fears of the form the carry being a carcinogen because of being the carbamate form and if I’m not mistaken at one point this was in car sick pills for dogs way before it ever hit the RC scene though. Either way at 40x the potency of ethanol it’s certainly sounds nice.. and a potential black out waiting to happen..