• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Newsflash: The best serotonergic psychedelic there is. and your personal favorites.

Not hard to see why it's never turned up.

1,4-dimethoxybenzene -> 2,5-dimethoxybenzenesulfonyl chloride
2,5-dimethoxybenzenesulfonyl chloride -> 2,5-dimethoxythiophenol
2,5-dimethoxythiophenol -> 2,5-dimethoxyphenyl 2-methoxyethyl sulfide
2,5-dimethoxyphenyl 2-methoxyethyl sulfide -> 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)benzaldehyde
2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)benzaldehyde -> 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)-beta-nitrostyrene
2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)-beta-nitrostyrene -> 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)phenethylamine
2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-methoxyethylthio)phenethylamine -> 2-CT-13 NBOMe

165g of the first compound becomes about 5 grams of product & in the first step it looks like Shulgin was using 5l RB flask (given the volume of water, DCM, chlorosulfonic acid and the solid precursors). It's possible but it's quite a brisk writeup and so I wouldn't even expect to get CLOSE to that yield until each step had been optimised. Even Shulgin notes the huge amount of work involved, and he didn't even do the last, admittedly simple step.

One would keep stepping down scale at each step so that if you mess it up, you don't have to 'start at the top' again. It's, well, daunting.

I can't pit Phenethylamines and Tryptamines against each other because they both serve very different purposes for me. I typically prefer Phenethylamines. I find their effects to be a bit "easier" to handle as in they don't lead to thought loops or feelings of despair as easily and I also find them much better suited for social situations. I also enjoy MDMA/MDA and other amphetamines occasionally, so I just prefer phenethylamines as a class overall.

I also agree with what some people are saying about NBOMes. The risk just isn't worth the risk. I have had good times with 25i-NBOMe and is my favorite one that I've tried, but the effects feel empty compared to other psychedelics. A lot of visual candy and it's fun with friends, but I don't get much from them other than that. Never tried 25c or 25d and I hear they're the best of the NBOMes. I'd try those if I had them. 25e did not produce much of an effect. 25b I did not really like at all, which sucks because I have well over a lifetime supply of it. I've tried 25b 4 or 5 times and two of the times I experienced what I'd call a bad trip, and I have not had many bad trips in well over 100 trips. A 50% rate for bad trips from a chemical is completely unheard of from me.

Here are my top for each class

Phenethylamines:
2C-T-2
2C-E
Mescaline (might end up in 2nd place after I get more trials with it)
2C-B
2C-I/HOT-7 are tied

Honorable mentions-
DOC (I've only tried it once but I remember it producing REALLY pleasant effects. I am sitting on some and plan on trying it again in Spring or Summer. If it produces the same effects I got last time then it'll shoot to 1st or 2nd place)
DOM (Only tried once at 2.5mg or so. That dose produced extremely strong effects. It started off extremely pleasant but then I fell into what was the worst trip of my life. The only trip that I've had that actually left me with some trauma, trauma that I've luckily healed from. I do plan on trying again although I'll probably dose no more than 1.5mg)

Tryptamines:
4-HO-MIPT
Psilocybin Mushrooms
5-MeO-MIPT
DMT
4-ACO-DMT

I would love to try 4-ACO-DET again (only tried once years ago) and have never tried 4-ACO-DIPT, DIPT or aMT. I have a gut feeling that I would REALLY like those tryptamines and my gut feeling about chemicals I'll like is usually spot on

Lysergamides:
LSD
LSA

Unfortunately have only gotten to try those two but both are worthwhile. LSD is one of my all-time favorite psychedelics. LSA can get pretty deep when the dose is right. Only downside is the unreliability of seed potency and the nausea/body load. The one time that I got full effects from Morning Glories was one of my most memorable trips that I've ever had.