• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nutmeg, its nuts!

Redington

Bluelighter
Ive tried it was soon after i discovered erowid quite a few years ago (readily available and mindfucking substance?hell yeah I thought at the time), but it simply left me dumbfounded. Bought a bunch of whole nuts and grounded them up to 15 grams of powder. Put that in like 30 capsules and tried to swallow them all. I could NOT get to swallow more than 10 without constant gagging and asking myself wtf am I doing with my life (no wonder). I found out rather quickly that I just cant, for the love of god, stand the smell of them.

All it gave me was a very, very subtle light headedness for about 6 hours after ingestion, bloodshot eyes for aprox. 2 hours and the nutmeg burps for somewhere under 1 hour. Other than that, NOTHING. Well that wasnt all that unexpected, I mean, I only ingested about 5 grams of the stuff so...with all that being said, what is your experience with sister Meg?

Last edited:
I find 3-5 whole nuts will provide a decent high for almost a whole day.

I chew them whole.

Takes 2-3 hours to fully kick in but when it does woo-hoo!

I have choked down copious amounts of the powder before that was in the cabinet for a longtime and it had no effect so it must be fresh whole nuts.

Use milk or cola to get the awful taste out of your mouth.

I quit doing nutmeg because of very dark urine and possible damage to the liver. In high school I preferred nutmeg to dxm.

It's a very unique high. Your eyes will be stupid bloodshot and dilated.

I find 3-5 whole nuts will provide a decent high for almost a whole day.

I chew them whole.

Takes 2-3 hours to fully kick in but when it does woo-hoo!

I have choked down copious amounts of the powder before that was in the cabinet for a longtime and it had no effect so it must be fresh whole nuts.

Use milk or cola to get the awful taste out of your mouth.

I quit doing nutmeg because of very dark urine and possible damage to the liver. In high school I preferred nutmeg to dxm.

It's a very unique high. Your eyes will be stupid bloodshot and dilated.
You just made me remember that I gave it more than one go around those times. I also tried taking the same quantity of 15g fresh nut ground powder with water, milk, fanta orange juice, ice cream, adding it to a shake and making a honey paste with it to spread it on toast. Yeah, idk how could I forget all that, but all of a sudden it came back to me. Now that I remember, I really tried to make it work but just couldnt in the end. Saying that i hate the smell and taste is an understatement.

Also, among the popular intake methods I never tried are smoking/vaporisation and snorting.

I think genetics are responsible for whether one gets good or bad effects out off nutmeg. Read that some lucky guys metabolize an ingredient to a MDA like substance while others get just plain intoxication and malaise but I'm not sure whether this info is correct.

Recently I was desperate for a high and the nutmeg powder catched my attention. Took maybe 10g and got nothing besides some cold sweats. Is it mandatory to use fresh nuts?

I tried it when I was 14. Not whole nuts but the powder, which was relatively fresh. I'd guess I choked down about 1/2 a cup. Disgusting. I got a faintly trippy buzz (kinda like Morning Glory seeds) but the next day I experienced extreme disphoria and generalized unprovoked rage. Horrible. Never again.
Also, 49 years later I can't stand even a hint of nutmeg. Yuck.

I think genetics are responsible for whether one gets good or bad effects out off nutmeg. Read that some lucky guys metabolize an ingredient to a MDA like substance while others get just plain intoxication and malaise but I'm not sure whether this info is correct.

Recently I was desperate for a high and the nutmeg powder catched my attention. Took maybe 10g and got nothing besides some cold sweats. Is it mandatory to use fresh nuts?
If you don't use whole nuts you need VERY fresh ground nutmeg. The older it is ground the less potent it will be.

Last edited:
Even grocery store nutmeg has potency, although fresh ground is at least twice as potent. People who say they got minimal effects didn't do enough, and I've certainly not done enough numerous times.

Found out that grocery store stuff needs at least a whole can. You're choking down heaping tablespoon after heaping tablespoon of nutmeg. Even if you're handling the taste well enough the fact that it draws all the saliva out of your mouth when you put a tablespoon in makes it hard to do. Gagging it down being hard, the burps, and the long time for effects to manifest... all true.

However, as a teenager, I loved the effects. It was like pot, but more trippy. Stoned on the couch seeing vague colors in dark corners, it was worth the delay, taste, uber long effects. I would have prolly liked it later in life as well.

But, oh my gosh, the hangover.

For the entire next day and more you feel horrible. Your bones ache. Tried effective doses a few times and never again.

I never took enough of it, so I never experienced the desired effects, let alone any hangovers. I assume you didnt drink any liquids at the time?From what I know, the hangover is avoidable if you manage to drink water regularly during the intake day.

Mandatory? no. Recommended? yes. The potency differs greatly between the powder that sat on a shelf a long time and the one that is freshly grounded up. Generally if you buy your own nuts you would need to consume less in order to get the desired effects.

Last edited: