Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Old Hydrocodone and Associates - First Time - Underwhelming, but expected

Azed

Bluelighter
Hey yall, this is my first trip report, so go easy on me.

My past experience with opioids I would consider limited, however I have been experimenting with varying doses and combinations of Tapentadol since March of 2022. I have also tried to experiment with Kratom, however, I find the smell and taste to be too repulsive for my purposes. With the Tapentadol I have been able to nod off quite frequently either when using the drug by itself or in combination with Soma, or one of many benzodiazepines.

I believe that it is important to include both the set and the setting in a trip report to give others a more complete picture of the experience.

My setting for this experience is in my parents house in my office. I am a PC enthusiast and spend most of my time here doing various things on the internet or playing games.

Earlier, when I got off work at 4:21pm I had just received news that my grandmother was going into surgery for a perforated stomach, and that the doctors had also found cancer all throughout her body. For reference my grandmother lives in Texas and I rarely see her, but I love her regardless, so I most likely will never see or hear from her again. Nevertheless, I am not in the bestest of places.

4:51pm | T - 7:44 I get home from work and immediately take a 3mg Etizolam tablet hoping to calm the oncoming anxiety and depression storm. And pass out for five hours as I am quite behind on sleep. Still no news. With no new information, I decide that I want to trip. To celebrate the life she had. Yesterday was great. I had my best friend over and we both enjoyed some Tapentadol 200mg. I had a slight tolerance and took 10mg Diazepam and 700mg Carisoprodol (Soma) aswell. It goes to show that life can change in a minute.

12:05am | T - 0:30 - My last big meal was around 5:00pm. My reading has suggested that a small amount of DXM can act as a potentiator and as a tolerance reverser, the same goes for the Benadryl minus the tolerance reverser, therefore I take, 30mg DXM freebase (Robocough tablets) and 25mg Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCl).

12:30am | T - 0:05 - I take a 1000mg Tums, this is supposed to increase the oral availability of opioids.

12:35am | T + 0:00 - I take two Norco Watson 349’s 5mg Hydrocodone, 500mg Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Only food on my stomach was the meal from earlier and some a light snack. It should also be noted that I received this prescription a long time ago, about 10 years, so it is possible that the active ingredients have lost a significant amount of their potency.

1:06am | T + 0:31 While I wait for the effects to take effect I listen to a playlist on Tidal of some of my favorite songs. I am an audiophile and quite enjoy listening to music. For those interested my current setup is a Magnius for my amplifier, a Modius for my DAC and a pair of Massdrop X Sennheiser 58X Jubilee headphones. Here is a link to the playlist to those that are interested. So far I have listened to: Tame Impala - Borderline, Pharmacist - North Memphis, Juicy J - Ain’t Nothing, Juicy J - Let Me see, Childish Gambino - Les, Ramirez - Does It Real Good, Mild High Club - Skiptracing, and Badbadnotgood - Time Moves slow. So far I have not noticed any effects besides maybe a slight head pressure. I am beginning to have doubts as to whether the Norco was too far gone at this point.

1:17am | T + 0:42 Went to the bathroom and my pupils were slightly constricted, but were by no means pinpoint. Generally feeling alright. Next time, I am going to make sure I have some grapefruit juice on hand to further potentiate things.

1:31am | T + 0:56 Sitting here, contemplating my future. Thinking about how university will be starting up again here in a few weeks, thinking about how my friend will be moving a whiles away and I won’t be seeing them for a long time. I am getting a little itchy on my head, but it isn’t too bothersome, I can also feel my body’s temperature increasing just a little.

1:43am | T + 1:08 Feeling a little drowsy, but no other effects really. Going to take a Soma 350mg and see where that puts me. At this point it is just a pretty mellow and chill high. No nodding or waves of euphoria or anything like that. Maybe it’s because of my recent uptick in Tapentadol consumption in the past few weeks.

I used to be a very anxious person to the point where I could basically no longer go anywhere or do anything without intense fear. As a result of a combination of Serotonin syndrome; from switching antidepressants along with a 3rd plateau dose of DXM I experienced a spiritual crisis and have been significantly better mentally ever since. It’s been two years already since my consciousness has been significantly altered.

I was the first in my close group of friends to experience anxiety and depression and the first to start medication. It makes me fearful that the ensuing generation will be riddled with issues related to anxiety, depression, and not to mention a widespread problem with attention. I believe that poor parenting in addition to the proliferation of social media will result in these above issues.

2:00am | T + 1:25 I am definitely feeling drowsy and it is more comfortable to keep my eyes shut and just listen to the music. Going to drink a Mountain Dew Spark and take a couple rips of Nicotine to try and stay stimulated. Going to play some Forza Horizon 5.

2:24am | T + 1:49 Racing just fine, vision is beginning to get blurry and I can feel a little nausea coming on.

2:30am | T + 1:55 Beginning to feel a little warm and sweaty.

3:00am | T + 2:25 Hard to focus, sweaty and warm. Still underwhelming going to take a Soma 350mg and a Diazepam 10mg.

3:17am | T + 2:42 My eyelids feel very heavy and I often find myself having to force them open.

3:30am | T + 2:55 Experiencing some stomach cramping / chest pain going to lie down.

3:41am | T + 3:06 Gonna call it for the night just going to observe the closed eye visuals and listen to music until I fall asleep.

Overall quite underwhelming in my opinion, significantly weaker than with the Tapentadol, but again this is expected due to the age of the drug.

Reflecting on this now, I struggle to recollect what exactly happened last night/morning. I think I remember checking the clock and it being around 6:00am and realizing I should really sleep. While at work it was a magnificent day. I was very empathetic and really wanted to help everyone and be extra kind and friendly.

Thanks for reading and may peace be with you.