• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rentmitchum said:
To me, you sound like a troll.. I didn't compare it to DXM, I'm saying the SITUATION is similar. The first people who used more DXM than normal and felt dissociated were likely laughed at. You've heard of analogies, right?

Imagine for a second codeine was put OTC for loose stools. It was in 2 mg pills. They say when they release it "this doesn't cross the BBB in significant amounts and won't act centrally".. then some NUT comes on a message board saying they took about 100 mg's of codeine and felt a high. You'd say the same thing, you'd say "pfft you wont shit for a week" and "it can't happen" when in all actuality, it did work and you're just choosing not to listen.

When tramadol came out it was considered "non addictive".. when heroin came out, the same thing. DXM wasn't considered psychoactive at one point, I'm sure, and poppy seed tea still gets laughed at on some message boards around the internet. When it doesn't work for one person, other people take that as evidence that it can't work. I'm telling you not only does it work, but it was quite enjoyable. Take it or leave it. I won't be coming back to this topic after this, as I don't really care. I've never had placebo make my face numb and itchy, and it isn't going to start to now. I've had other things described as opiates not work, and I've taken opiates, like vicodin and darvocet, and my face didn't get itchy. This is a real effect, and it saddens me that people are so quick to call placebo.

You know what, the majority of the reason I don't post on this board is because I'm not really really into pharms, whereas it seems most of the users here are. Now I have another reason, and that is because you people seem to have incredibly closed minds considering you are a community of drug users.. Fuck it. Like I said, I won't check back on this... so feel free to discredit me in whatever way you feel fit, by either just saying it's placebo or making poop jokes. That's fine. I suggest the OP just lets it go too now, and thanks for trying.

Can you please stay on topic? The post you made is kind of an insult to all the work ive done in this forum. I don't see how the situation is similar. Thank you.

Ya know what, rentmitchum has a point to an extent. Science has been wrong before, but the good thing about science is the 3 things on which it is based:
1. empiricism - there's loads of data disproving that loperamide gets you high
2. scepticism - I believe the onus is on someone to prove the established theory wrong, rather than me disprove their wacky theories.
3. rationalism - and finally, it is entirely rational to draw the conclusion that loperamide doesnt cross the BBB in significant amounts. We know polar molecules cannot readily cross plasma phospholipid bilayers (I gave a pseudoephedrine/methamphetamine example somewhere in this abortion of a thread). We also know that p-glycoprotein efficiently excretes any loperamide that does happen to make it through the BBB.

So, Occum's Razor says (paraphrasing) "all things being equal, the simplest option (which makes the least number of assumptions) is the best option". That means the best option is: that loperamide doesn't cross the BBB in significant quantities, and that a placebo effect is in place. This is an infinitely better solution than hearsay coming from uncontrolled studies where people are trying out loperamide in expectation of perhaps getting a high. Show me a double blind study with the same results, then I'll be impressed.

djsim said:
Ya know what, rentmitchum has a point to an extent. Science has been wrong before

Thanks for getting the point.

I am on topic, william. I don't know why it's hard to 'get', and I don't usually go on message boards acting like a jerk right off the bat. I just see so many people telling other people "it's placebo and nothing else because I read on wikipedia that it wouldn't work".. I was just making an analogy. The analogy was saying that science is wrong.. a lot.. until they get it right.. and even then, further evidence to support a new conclusion can be taken into effect to change the accepted conclusions. That's the scientific method. It allows new data to change conclusions. If you cling to old conclusions without considering new data.. well.. that's called "faith" lol.. ;)

Several people, experienced drug users, are presenting new data. This new data is "I felt high on loperamide".. Most are saying it's placebo and can't be anything else. Now, that could be considered the simplest explanation, but why is that more simple than "a small amount is making it to the brain and acting centrally"? To me, it's not any more simple, elegant, or satisfying to call it placebo. Most people who take the trouble to register on a forum about drugs use a lot of drugs. Most of us have had placebo effect happen to us at least once, and usually it's a pretty light effect.. maybe a slight dizzyness in the head, the happiness of anticipation, I mean I know what it feels like. After a thread on edot I smoked Moth Mullein, felt decent effects the first time, and the second time I got nothing. Same with dagga. This loperamide however.. I've 3 times got significant physical effects. You can call me stupid or whatever you wanna do, but I tried it again tonight. I mean, I went #2 this morning sorta like normal, so I figure why not. To me, like others said, it's not any more constipating than any other opiate.. Maybe slightly less than poppy pods.

anyway, from here on out I'm not gonna argue whether or not it's placebo. I am an experienced drug user and I can get a pretty nice buzz from 2 percocet usually, but codeine doesn't usually do much of anything, further evidence against placebo effect. I fully expect codeine to work every time but for whatever reason it never seems to be any good for me unless I have a lot.. even then it usually is just a crazy amount of itchies.. lol

So yea.. I just counted that I have 24 left in my first bottle.. I had 66 last night, so I used 42 today, 30 the day before. So yea.. lemme get this straight..

Ok, today at about.. 2 pm (yesterday now technically) I took about 20 or so, so 40 mg's.. Then about an hour later I took another handful. I took 84mg's of loperamide all together. By about 10 o'clock, I had a numb itchy face again and I felt like I overdid it. 84 mg's was actually somewhat too strong for me. It was uncomfortable around 10 pm.. Around like 5 pm or so I was feeling really good. I think when the second handful kicked in, I started to feel nauseous, and I usually don't get nauseous from traditional opiates unless I overdid it. I don't mean 'agh my stomach is cramped' nauseous, I mean nauseous just like I get from regular opiates, like I could throw up if moved around too much. Right now I still feel somewhat opiated. Cigarettes felt good and smoked easy, which usually only happens for me on alcohol or opiates.. I think I mentioned that before.. I feel a lot like I do on tramadol.. I've never tried fentanyl or anything structurally similar to loperamide if I was going to compare it. I'd say it's a lot like tramadol though, but maybe a little better. Maybe a cross between tramadol and oxycodone.. It's not really sedating, but there's a definite effect in the head I identify with opiates.. it seems like each time I've done this though, by the end of the night I've felt the traditional sleepy effects. Like I said though, around 10 pm I felt pretty fucked up. I felt really way too opiated and I didn't have an appetite all day. I don't think it was an effect of the intestinal slowing.. I think it was an effect of opiation/nausea from overdoing it on opiates.. I'm never hungry on opiates. I went all day, from like noon until 11 without eating. I realized maybe I was feeling sick because I hadn't ate and had all that medicine, so I ate something and I felt sorta sick for a little while after I ate it, like I feel sick when I eat after drinking pod tea, but I'm ok now. It's 3:30 here now, so it's about 12 hours after my first handful probably kicked in.. this stuff lasts a long time, if we're assuming it isn't placebo. I still feel pretty good from it.. Today is the first day I didn't smoke blends (like spice gold, etc) in weeks.. and it's actually because I didn't feel the need to, I could have but I just didn't feel like it. Usually marijuana or the blends will overshadow an opiate high, and plus when I got home I felt like I was breathing somewhat shallow.. I considered smoking to get my appetite back but.. nah.. I didn't wanna be higher than I was.

Note, I didn't take cimetidine today, and while I had 12 more pills than I had yesterday, it feels significantly stronger. While this has been enjoyable each time I tried more than 20 mg's, I would NOT take more than the 84 mg's I had today. I'm not kidding, I felt like my breathing was too slow and my face is a little number than I like. I keep wiping my forehead because it feels weird.. my eyebrows are really itchy but not as itchy as codeine or oxy is for me..

So yea, I apologize for acting like a jerk.. and yea, I lied, I ended up coming back to this topic. This is interesting to me, lol.. I was in a pretty sour mood earlier when I came on here. I had just argued on the phone with my girlfriend.. but yea.. I'm not gonna keep arguing about whether or not it's placebo. There's no way for me to prove to you it isn't. From this point on, my role in the topic will be to report my effects and hopefully people won't be quoting my post and making fun of me. I think what set me off is, a majority of the posts are mocking in nature. That's not scientific, it's rude.. Really rude.. plus, I didn't read this entire topic yet, but I can see that sp0r already sorta proved my point. Even in THIS topic, we have some jackass saying that poppy seed tea is placebo. Almost everyone knows it isn't now, but less than 3 years ago, people on lycaeum and edot would make fun of people saying it worked and each one was SO sure of themselves..

Ok, I can see it's going to be hard not to argue with people about it, but I'll try my best not to if people can just be respectful and not be RUDE to me for trying to report my effects. If it's placebo, it's a kickass placebo effect, and I wish I could get it from taking something like vitamin C or something. I think my ideal dose might be around 70 mg's, but this time I think I'm actually going to take that break I said I was going to take yesterday.. haha.. I mean, my bowels probably need it.. I have a laxative I can take if things are shitty (or arent, hah) but I don't think I'll need it. I don't seem to go #2 that abnormally on this stuff. I got slight stomach cramps upon waking and moving around a bit this morning, but I get worse ones from poppy tea.

Oh, and last night laying in bed, I take 3 mg melatonin every night for sleep, that might have something to do with it, but something about the loperamide was making me have weird sorta CEVs.. like.. they were really pronounced. I can only describe them sorta like a plasma.. like.. a lava lamp.. blobs of .. color moving around on my eyelids or something. I've got that same effect before on other drugs but I don't remember which ones.. I don't think it's something that normally happens on opiates for me though. Maybe it was the combination of it with the melatonin or vitamin b6 in my melatonin pill..

So that's all I'll type for now, it's already like.. a short novel. Again sorry for being inflammatory in my first 2 posts, but I felt like people were being unnecessarily rude (and most of them will continue to be) but I'll try to ignore it from here on out and just report my effects. Then I'll at least be helpful to people who are actually interested in it and not just wanting to make poop or placebo jokes.

rentmitchum said:
Thanks for getting the point.

I am on topic, william. I don't know why it's hard to 'get', and I don't usually go on message boards acting like a jerk right off the bat. I just see so many people telling other people "it's placebo and nothing else because I read on wikipedia that it wouldn't work".. I was just making an analogy. The analogy was saying that science is wrong.. a lot.. until they get it right.. and even then, further evidence to support a new conclusion can be taken into effect to change the accepted conclusions. That's the scientific method. It allows new data to change conclusions. If you cling to old conclusions without considering new data.. well.. that's called "faith" lol.. ;).

This is a good point. It's when the outliers add up that reconsideration of the model/theory needs to be reconsidered. The problem is I dont think any privately or govt funded teams look into whether or not Immodium gets you high :)

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and try it out tonight. Have been off opiates for a long time (naltrexone has also reversed my tolerance I'd say). Will report back.

william1985 said:
^^^^
Those type of comments are not helpful to anyone. Please take that crap to PM, so we dont have to see it. If you disagree with the poster, than state your side.

Malfunkion: Why don't you just ignore the flames/punches? I have posted in this thread several times, and no response from you. I will ask again. If you are experiencing euphoria from lope, don't you think there COULD be a health issue? Also, with the high amount of lope you are taking, don't you believe that those could be other side effects from high dose lope that may not be healthy? In response to your oxycodone statement, I truly don't believe that oxycodone WONT make you high. Maybe your tolerance is higher than what dose you took? IDK, its just hard to believe a potent full mu agonist doesn't make you high at all.

Yes, I do think there could be a health issue, I'm not retarded. Never once have I proclaimed that everyone should go out and take immense doses of loeramide, I merely stated my experience with it. So if anybody wants to get on my ass about it being unhealthy, you're a fucking hypocrite if you do other drugs too because what's healthy about snorting coke or IV'ing heroin?

I don't believe that oxycodone WON'T make somebody high either, if done correctly. Like I said, somebody in my trip report suggested that it just didn't get absorbed by my nasal tissue. That seems like the likeliest reason. I didn't get high on it though and disagreeing with me isn't going to change the past.

i would not reccomend anyone trying this because your colon will explode and death is possible from being too constipated.. damn this kinda scares me like when people ta;l about huffing or dramamine or coriciden or whatever,,,, please be careful taking that many pills of anything.. who knows what all the fillers are doing to your stomach and kidneys

nickeldick said:
i would not reccomend anyone trying this because your colon will explode and death is possible from being too constipated.. damn this kinda scares me like when people ta;l about huffing or dramamine or coriciden or whatever,,,, please be careful taking that many pills of anything.. who knows what all the fillers are doing to your stomach and kidneys

Good advice but I couldn't help laughing anyway about the colon explosion. Well, everybody knows that I've taken Gods own dose of loperamide many times, and amazingly enough, I still continute to shit regularly and without any constipation. Apparently the plumbing is still working normally, lucky me I guess.

Oh, and rentmitchum... one thing maybe you don't know but which I've said more than a few times. You have to wait at least 3 days between doses. Otherwise you'll get a bad body buzz. I don't know why. But wait a good while before and if you decide to do it again. Part of that 'feeling like shit' you had the last time you did it was probably due to taking it several days in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.