Opportunity to learn about ketamine as an alternative treatment for depression. Please help if you can!

Why the same questions before and after the presentation? Wouldn’t it be to see how the presentation effected or influenced the participants.
Yes. It's not a very well formed questionnaire, which is why I'm thinking it was made by a group of students who are still quite early in their college years.

@n3ophy7e I think we are both right. Hopefully the op isn’t discouraged or pissed off, has gained some participation and will let us know the results and background story sometime.

@n3ophy7e I think we are both right. Hopefully the op isn’t discouraged or pissed off, has gained some participation and will let us know the results and background story sometime.
Well. That's a good point. I thought some of us were just being real cunts yesterday. But this is the real substance abuse world here and with real people and with people that know quite a bit, or have experience with, substances. So this "trial by fire" probably done them some good in the long run. Very different from brain storming in a closed environment (class) and with your peers.

Come to think of it: were it not for the fact that the questions after the video were the same probably would have been more appropriate to be asking: "After seeing the video presentation are you a) more likely or b) likely or c) not likely to seek out or recommend ketamine infusion treatments for depression". But that may have been perceived as too obvious or would have given the game away. But for sure would have had fewer questioning motive or authenticity.

But yeah: I too would be keen to hear the outcome because right now and based on the survey I'm not seeing what possible deductions could be made from that thing in its current form.

Well. That's a good point. I thought some of us were just being real cunts yesterday.
It's ok to name drop, ive got thick enough skin.. I was in a bit of a mood and really went off. Apologies to study presenter if you are a student.

I will say I stand by my criticisms regarding addiction, the choice of expert, and the mechanism of action, but not the delivery.

Approaching with the lens that this is a scholastic project I feel bad for not being constructive, I hope these weren't too disheartening to you.

I probably should have been more specific i.e. I know I was being a facetious cunt yesterday on this! And not for any specific reason, possibly other than the fact that I went deep down this ketamine miracle cure for depression and suicide ideation rabbit hole on the BL thread hence whenever the subject comes up I tend to become slightly "prickly"! :ROFLMAO:

And to be quite frank: sometimes, especially when it come to real live trolls (as opposed to bots) who think they're very clever, I'm sure they take a quick look at some of the social type threads e.g. The Lounge and just make the assumption that these forums are just a bunch of fucktard druggies that don't know shit from a shovel. And in this case: let's be honest a quick search on here using only the keywords "ketamine depression" would have returned a whole bunch of really valid and credible information.

And apparently nothing has changed since yesterday insofar as I'm concerned! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wow! I had not looked at all these responses until today. For those of you wondering, yes we are conducting this study for our research methods class as undergraduates! So no unfortunately it is not perfect and is solely used for our class to learn. And to be quite frank we were a bit rushed and I acknowledge the constructive criticisms.The same questions being used in the first and second survey was to measure how much your position on ketamine changed. This is a technique used often in approved research. Fortunately we actually did find a lot of significance and changed some minds about it being an effective path for treatment. We apologize if it came off as a commercial or trying to sell you something. We were genuinely wanting to help people learn about this kind of treatment. We wanted to see if more people knew about the studies and approvals that have been put in place for it that they may change their point of view. In turn if more people knew, the research field may be able to yield more encouraging results. But with the stigma of things like ketamine and psilocybin, it is difficult to get it to people who could really benefit from it. Dr. Hart was mentioned because he came and spoke at our school, and the question we used was asked by my research group member so he felt it would be cool to use. Every piece of information we used was from peer-reviewed articles, not meant to be biased in any way. Thank you for those who participated and understood that this was simply for school, nothing extremely serious! I hope this helps any of you who were confused understand better. All love and take care everyone

Last edited:
Wow! I had not looked at all these responses until today. For those of you wondering, yes we are conducting this study for our research methods class as undergraduates! So no unfortunately it is not perfect and is solely used for our class to learn. And to be quite frank we were a bit rushed and I acknowledge the constructive criticisms.The same questions being used in the first and second survey was to measure how much your position on ketamine changed. This is a technique used often in approved research. Fortunately we actually did find a lot of significance and changed some minds about it being an effective path for treatment. We apologize if it came off as a commercial or trying to sell you something. We were genuinely wanting to help people learn about this kind of treatment. We wanted to see if more people knew about the studies and approvals that have been put in place for it that they may change their point of view. In turn if more people knew, the research field may be able to yield more encouraging results. But with the stigma of things like ketamine and psilocybin, it is difficult to get it to people who could really benefit from it. Dr. Hart was mentioned because he came and spoke at our school, and the question we used was asked by my research group member so he felt it would be cool to use. Every piece of information we used was from peer-reviewed articles, not meant to be biased in any way. Thank you for those who participated and understood that this was simply for school, nothing extremely serious! I hope this helps any of you who were confused understand better. All love and take care everyone
I also do want to mention as well that we were instructed to use the same questions for both the pre and post test/questionnaire, did not have a choice. The questions used were also taken from another study using similar methods as us. So we did not make the questions and we were instructed that we had to use previously used measurement tools in our questionnaire. the link for that is here if you are curious! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8205319/
Another thing I want to address is the simplicity of our informational video, once again it was something we were instructed to do. I understand this forum definitely knows what they are talking about in terms of the science behind anti-depressants, however this was meant to be more of a generalized study. So we were told to make it as simple as possible so everyone was able to understand. When we begin talking about neurotransmitters in great detail, it is not doubt we will lose many particpants' attention and it is likely they will not quite understand unless they are in a similar field. There are research reports we must create after our study that go over this information in great detail.

I also do want to mention as well that we were instructed to use the same questions for both the pre and post test/questionnaire, did not have a choice. The questions used were also taken from another study using similar methods as us. So we did not make the questions and we were instructed that we had to use previously used measurement tools in our questionnaire. the link for that is here if you are curious! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8205319/
Another thing I want to address is the simplicity of our informational video, once again it was something we were instructed to do. I understand this forum definitely knows what they are talking about in terms of the science behind anti-depressants, however this was meant to be more of a generalized study. So we were told to make it as simple as possible so everyone was able to understand. When we begin talking about neurotransmitters in great detail, it is not doubt we will lose many particpants' attention and it is likely they will not quite understand unless they are in a similar field. There are research reports we must create after our study that go over this information in great detail.
I appreciate the comment and must apologize for laying into you rather hard there.

I made quite the incorrect assumption about your provenance, and feel silly for bringing the guns out.

I wish you luck in future endeavors