• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos "Optimal" dose of tagamet for potentiation before benzos? (diazepam)

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I wasn't sure.

I've heard as low as 400mg, but it seems like digging through threads 600-800 is more common.
Happen to have some acid reflux anyway and my tolerance is going up. I think I was better off on Valium 2s instead of moving up to 5s since I'm not quite fond of benzos in a recreational setting. I thought I was originally but Idk, I think it just potentiated gabapentin or something lol. I'm not getting the stomach cramp relief that I was originally, but I'm also moving along bowel wise thanks to high-ish doses of magnesium citrate (thank you, depression/anxiety and lack of eating and kratom...). But, chronic, daily horrible headaches will do that to you.

I took 600mg just now and will wait a half hour to dose the diazepam. I was using sublingual lately, but I think that's actually less effective for my stomach cramps since it has no interaction with the stomach, or at least in theory, I'm not really too sure. I just know sublingual was not really accomplishing that much more and I was probably paranoid over stomach contents. Most people seem to agree that it doesn't matter whether or not they take it with or without food since bioavailability is high, it would just delay the onset a little bit.

Unrelated note, shoutouts to CVS for shorting me a pill (had 29 instead of 30). I've had this issue on and off with different meds, anyone else ever have that? I would've just opened it up to count right there but I figured, with 30 pills, there's no way they would miscount. It was only after I got home to check them out that I noticed there was 29. Kinda crappy. I think one of the first times I picked up a gabapentin script, I was actually shorted THIRTY PILLS and needed to get an emergency dose pack prior to re-fill (not for withdrawl, but at the time my anxiety was bad and I wanted to try gabapentin before benzos.) But yeah I highly doubt I can do anything at this point, picked this up 5 days ago. I should have immediately called them to say they shorted me but I don't think it would've mattered, once you walk out, that's it.

I actually prefer gabapentin overall since it's more stimulating, but tolerance is insane. Interestingly, I'm always short at least 1 or 2 from 180 (I count them every time when I get home, dose is 200mg 3x a day). I hate to profile but there's this one lady who looks like a total meth addict back there and it's probably her sneaking occasional pills from peoples scripts. I remember when she acted like she didn't even know what gabapentin was lol.

Don't know about the tagamet dose but I agree that it has to be a clerk stealing them after they have been dispensed and labeled and put in the little trays they use for alphabetical pickup. Scheduled drugs have to have 2 counts and a circle around the quantity and a John Hancock ( their initials ). Just to make double sure the count is right. Valium and gabapentin are both scheduled.

How the tech is getting away with it is beyond me though. With 10 or more cameras pointed at everyone behind that counter they must have found a way to bypass them. Hope the clerk that's doing it likes the color orange and a nice little felony on their record.

Hope the tagamet works for you. You are on a pretty low dose so you need all the help you can get. Only getting 5 mgs a day doesn't seem like much at all. Stingy doctors, i'm telling ya. Hell, it used to take me 30 mgs to relax so I would have been eating 6 a day and the whole script would have only lasted me 5 days. But I guess in this climate of " no drugs unless you are dying" we should be thankful for anything we can get.

Yeah I have no idea either... this is a notoriously bad CVS so I might switch over to Walgreens, not sure yet.
I would like to probably up the dose but I'm always paranoid to come off as drug seeking. Hell I don't even know if he's willing to give me another refill.

My doctor prescribed me freaking ZOFRAN to deal with my stomach cramps... it's an anti-nausea medication. I haven't thrown up in 15 years lol. Even through years of heavy drinking. Nausea is just not a thing to me. And this is a drug that causes both constipation AND headaches which are two issues I've been dealing with for weeks on end. It would very likely worsen my stomach cramps by a lot. Funny thing is my doctor said it can help treat headaches... well, that's not in any way true from the research I've done. I like my doctor as a person but he's totally out of his head sometimes. The only use I could find with Zofran would be taking it before an intense psychdedelic experience. DMT in particular tends to make me nauseous because it comes on so overwhelming so fast, so one day I will probably try this.

Actually baffled at how dumb the guy is, but if I'm lucky, that dumbness will get me a new valium script next time, it just sucks how I don't get any refills. They're insanely restrictive of this one even though I'm on a low dose. I only wanted to use this temporarily for like a month or two anyway until I get some of my health issues squared away. I just have to make sure and start breaking these in half or something because A. I don't want my tolerance to go up and B. I mainly just want relief from my stomach cramps. They are getting better but it's clear that tons of anxiety over chronic sinusitis that isn't responding to any treatments the past month is a big culprit and it's not just constipation. It really sucks...

My doc and I did talk about the potential for medication overuse headache. I've been eating tylenols like candy on average of 2g a day for roughly 2 months now, which is seriously bad. I can see the possibility, but a lot of neurologists seem to believe medication overuse headache is a myth. It's never been a proven thing as far as I'm aware. But I did begin to wonder, it seemed like tylenol generally wasn't touching my headaches that much. I'd often take one in the morning and then take kratom, but I'm pretty sure it was just kratom helping the headache. I should generally take more but I like to limit myself because kratom tolerance goes up faaaaast and obviously putting a bunch of plant matter in a stressed stomach isn't the best idea.

So the tagamet doesn't seem to really make a difference, but I guess with bioavailability near 100% you can't really "potentiate" this way, I think there's a lot of placebo that goes on regarding this method, but maybe it's more effective for other benzos. Apparently works better with opiates though I have no experience (besides kratom though not quite the same--it actually reduces effectiveness of kratom as far as I'm aware). I can definitely vouch that it makes the valium last longer though. But in practice that probably raises tolerance even more since the half life gets increased by an entire day or something.

Still took care of my stomach pain at least, so I'm happy about that. Was able to get a pretty good dinner down. Every meal I can get down is important, my weight has been getting terrifyingly low for someone 6"1 (119lbs, with large calves...). When I took a good gander at my rib cage the other day I was terrified. I HAVE to fix that and if valium is the only way for me to do so at the moment, so be it. Either way I'll need to stretch out my supply so that it looks to my doctor that I didn't use it up at the 2x a day rate, I'm way too paranoid to come off as drug seeking (maybe I am, so what?)

Probably gonna cave and try ripping a distillate THC pen tonight. I've avoided THC because it can agitate my sinusitis. Had a 40mg chocolate the other night and a headache came soon after, but it was well before it kicked in so I can't actually say it was related, it was also a headache at the top of my forehead instead of my actual sinus area. Sucked, but was chillin real nice.

Can anyone scientifically explain how Tagamet and Grapfruit juice can potentiate clonazepam specifically? I am sure it's somewhere on Bluelight but I can't find it.

I don't think tagamet potentiates klonopin, I could be wrong. But for diazepam and others it inhibits the enzyme responsible for breaking down the meds, so it mostly just increases the half life, but brings on the peak effects sooner otherwise. It's not really significant and I really wouldn't recommend cimetidine. There's no good in lowering your stomach acid repeatedly to make a med work better, and it also lowers testosterone and can lead to man boobs with long term use (some opiate users can attest to this).

Someone can correct me about tagamet and klonopin. You should just google it for more info otherwise about how those 2 things can potentiate. Tagamet probably does for klonopin since grape fruit juice works and they both inhibit the CYP2C19 enzyme the same way. Has to be white grape fruit juice or just a real grapefruit in general though. Pink grapefruit juice you'd had to drink so much of, it's a very small amount of grapefruit concentrate and mostly apple juice. White GFJ tastes awful.

I'd been using cimet for awhile with my Valium but it honestly didn't make a big difference. A little more sedation, I don't think it was worth it in the end. I'd often get stomach aches from the cimet, I'd take 400mg like 30 minutes before dosing. It increases the half life of valium by a fuck ton, that's mostly all these really do IME