• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

How stupid would it be to vape pills?

Thinking about how to best use my old 5-MeO-MiPT pills of unknown dosage...

I mean with some kind of foil i suppose.

Did you buy them as Ecstacy or were they sold as 5-MeO-MiPT, just curious. I'd think that vaping the pills like they do a Fentanyl pill would probably work but your gonna also be inhaling whatever binders are in there. I mean doing it just a few times probably won't fuck you up. But I've always thought people smoking Roxies and stuff to be a little sketchy.

Did you buy them as Ecstacy or were they sold as 5-MeO-MiPT, just curious. I'd think that vaping the pills like they do a Fentanyl pill would probably work but your gonna also be inhaling whatever binders are in there. I mean doing it just a few times probably won't fuck you up. But I've always thought people smoking Roxies and stuff to be a little sketchy.

I got them knowing what they were :)

Yeah i worry about binder compounds. I imagine some of them have higher evaporation temperatures but maybe not all?

Yeah smoking pills regularly is probably a nope. This would be i guess for maximum 10 uses, if the pills are strong.

Tonight my band is playing a house party, a fan hired us to play for his birthday. I'm excited, it will be 3 hours, just us, private event. He's paying us more than most venues do, and it's been a while since we played a full 2 sets. Those shows are my favorite. We get to really get into the jams, go really deep and off script. Plus our old drummer is playing with us. He's actually going to playing a shows this month with us that are closer to home, despite his new baby. I'm excited about that... our new drummer is great, but still not my preference.

I need to start getting ready, it's about 2 hours away and we have to set up the stage.

Do you mean like pressed tablets or just capsules containing the drug? I'm guessing the former or else you'd simply weigh the contents of the capsules.

Ok so you have pressed tabs of Moxy. You can probably crush them up, put them in a coffee filter to make tea bags of them and soak them in distilled water to extract the active ingredient. From there, carefully reduce the total amount of water to a manageable level or allow it to evaporate completely to recover the Moxy. Load that into a glass oil burner and add a small pinch of soda ash or baking soda with a drop or two of water and proceed to vaporize the contents of the oil burner. At first you'll just be hitting a little H₂O vapor, but soon the distinct taste of freebased tryptamine will become obvious. Hold the hit – the longer you hold it, the more it will hit you. Repeat as desired.

What's wrong with oral ingestion here? You just don't know the dosage?

I don't love this idea, and keep in mind that foil is reactive. Better off using a glass oil burner, glass vapor genie, hash pipe, or even an emptied glass light bulb with a coke straw.

Also keep in mind that doing this freebase trick mentioned above will leave a nasty stain in your glass piece that will require soaking in a dilute basic solution to remove, so maybe really consider the old incandescent light-bulb move…

Regarding fumarate salts of tryptamines – likely the 5-MeO-MiPT is bonded with fumaric acid in a 1:2 ratio. Fumaric acid is not the best thing to go inhaling, so I would recommend freebasing the compound prior to heating it; however, I've had success in vaporizing the compound in its salt form as well… you just have to be really careful and judicious with the heat. Fortunately there's no tachyphylaxis response like there is with DMT… Good luck!

Do you mean like pressed tablets or just capsules containing the drug? I'm guessing the former or else you'd simply weigh the contents of the capsules.

Ok so you have pressed tabs of Moxy. You can probably crush them up, put them in a coffee filter to make tea bags of them and soak them in distilled water to extract the active ingredient. From there, carefully reduce the total amount of water to a manageable level or allow it to evaporate completely to recover the Moxy. Load that into a glass oil burner and add a small pinch of soda ash or baking soda with a drop or two of water and proceed to vaporize the contents of the oil burner. At first you'll just be hitting a little H₂O vapor, but soon the distinct taste of freebased tryptamine will become obvious. Hold the hit – the longer you hold it, the more it will hit you. Repeat as desired.

I don't love this idea, and keep in mind that foil is reactive. Better off using a glass oil burner, glass vapor genie, hash pipe, or even an emptied glass light bulb with a coke straw.

Also keep in mind that doing this freebase trick mentioned above will leave a nasty stain in your glass piece that will require soaking in a dilute basic solution to remove, so maybe really consider the old incandescent light-bulb move…

Regarding fumarate salts of tryptamines – likely the 5-MeO-MiPT is bonded with fumaric acid in a 1:2 ratio. Fumaric acid is not the best thing to go inhaling, so I would recommend freebasing the compound prior to heating it; however, I've had success in vaporizing the compound in its salt form as well… you just have to be really careful and judicious with the heat. Fortunately there's no tachyphylaxis response like there is with DMT… Good luck!

Yeah it's pressed.

Glass is a better suggestion. Thanks.

I'd like to try vaping a psychedelic and this seems like a nice time since it should be easier to titrate a dose with the faster onset.

Maybe the water extraction could work yes. Thank for that also. I'm in no rush but will report back, eventually, i think.

Hey, we made it in the medical literature on ketamine! Bluelight gets mentioned in the book "The Ketamine Papers" by Dr. Phil Wolfson. @Foreigner's low-dose hourly-then-decreasing injection protocol is described, and said to have been effective for him "and others", by which I suppose they mean my replication as everyone else ended up binging iirc..

It's a nice reminder that what we do here really shouldn't be looked down upon as it still occasionally is. A little self-respect goes a vast distance, doesn't it?

Moreover, it's remarkable how positive all these papers are about ketamine. Clinical setting virtually eliminates the abuse potential, so the practitioners are free to focus on all the perks. We on the other hand tend towards trepidation, with good reasons. But therefore we'd almost forget how bloody brilliant dissociatives are if and strictly if they can be approached in a structured, rational, systematic fashion.

Ketamine does not exist in nature—it is purely a product of the human imagination and its uses are only limited by our lack of imagination.

One more question. I have read that 5-MeO-MiPT is water soluble only in a salt form. Can i assume that the pills have a salt and not freebase? And how does it get to freebase from there? Can salts be vaped?

Okay that's 3 questions.

Hey, we made it in the medical literature on ketamine! Bluelight gets mentioned in the book "The Ketamine Papers" by Dr. Phil Wolfson. @Foreigner's low-dose hourly-then-decreasing injection protocol is described, and said to have been effective for him "and others", by which I suppose they mean my replication as everyone else ended up binging iirc..

It's a nice reminder that what we do here really shouldn't be looked down upon as it still occasionally is. A little self-respect goes a vast distance, doesn't it?

Moreover, it's remarkable how positive all these papers are about ketamine. Clinical setting virtually eliminates the abuse potential, so the practitioners are free to focus on all the perks. We on the other hand tend towards trepidation, with good reasons. But therefore we'd almost forget how bloody brilliant dissociatives are if and strictly if they can be approached in a structured, rational, systematic fashion.

Fuck yeah, and i think dissos can be used in moderation outside of clinical settings too.

I personally don't form a habit, although the experience can be very fiendish while it lasts particularly with N2O.

Did they mention Jamshyd's research/thread? Way back in like 2001 through 2005 (can't remember which year but it was before I joined), he made a thread about his low dose regimen for staving off treatment resistant depression, without even getting high. As far as I know, it wad the very first time anyone posted an experience of using it this way and it may have been the original impetus for people to think of ketamine that way.

Either way, that's awesome!

Did they mention Jamshyd's research/thread? Way back in like 2001 through 2005 (can't remember which year but it was before I joined), he made a thread about his low dose regimen for staving off treatment resistant depression, without even getting high. As far as I know, it wad the very first time anyone posted an experience of using it this way and it may have been the original impetus for people to think of ketamine that way.

Either way, that's awesome!

Yes I remember Jamshyd's thread back then he was such a brilliant guy. He was a mod of PD back in the day too 🙂

Wow! How do I find this paper?

I got the protocol from Jamshyd, then modified it.

No bluelight-appropriate accolades for Jamshyd alas. Here's the literal quotation by Steven P. Levine, M.D.:

“Foreigner” posted on the Bluelight online ketamine forum (2013) on his use of repeated hourly intramuscular injections of ketamine over seven days to treat his depression. He began with 10mg and aimed for a dose causing a feeling of mild inebriation. He maintained this dose to a “saturation point” (usually by the third day), where this effect disappeared, then gradually lengthened the time between injections. He and others reported positive effects from this regime.

The full title of the book is "The Ketamine Papers: Science, Therapy and Transformation", by Wolfson and Hartelius.

You left out "be" ;)

lol, I did more than that... "he's going to playing a shows". I no inglish gud!

@Xorkoth How did the gig go?

It went okay, it was interesting because the porch we were playing on was pretty small so it was cramped. The first set was cut short because it started violently storming, and it was hard to hear on stage and the rhythm was off. I was feeling pretty rough, myself, but everybody said they really enjoyed it. We almost got totally stormed out but we managed to get back on at 10:15 and played like half of what we planned for the second set. But it was fine because it was all friends or friends of friends and we still got paid, and got to meet and talk to a couple of members of a pretty serious regional band that I love who were under the radar hanging out there. I totally didn't recognize them. I got to talk synthesizers with one of them before I realized who it was. He gave me a tip about which one he has and loves, and it's surprisingly cheap for what it is. I'm looking to replace my synths with a bigger, better one, so that was valuable.

Drummer got really drunk by the end and someone gave him a line of coke and he got into his endless talking/looping thing which I suddenly remembered is annoying :ROFLMAO: I was really surprised, but we already have gotten used to the new drummer and I found myself missing his presence in the playing. Of course, our old drummer is rusty as hell, having not played in over a month. And we didn't get a chance to practice. I think it was the first time I can recall his rhythm ever being off since I started playing with him over 6 years ago.

Overall it went well. We have another show with him on the 16th, and I'm going to make sure we get a practice or two in before then, with him.