• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did join an online church once. The church of the molecular sacrament.

You had to be a member to order from this site that was around back in the day. They had everything from really late MXE to 5-MAPB. Craziest 'church' ever.
I remember that website ! Nostalgia ...

I got ordained online in order to legally marry two of my best friends. As in, performed the ceremony ;)

I wonder if a niche market already exists for psychedelic marriages? You get ordained with that online church and partake of the sacrament to seal the commitment.

🤔

I can't wait to get a gram of dpt again. It's my favorite psychedelic.

I wonder if that makes me a closet member of the temple of inner light? It's their holy blessed sacrament, so...

The last time I bought a gram of dpt I tripped for 24 hours solid and just redosed every two hours.

I did join an online church once. The church of the molecular sacrament.

You had to be a member to order from this site that was around back in the day. They had everything from really late MXE to 5-MAPB. Craziest 'church' ever.

Sounds great, I ordered 3g's of DPT and looks like I got scammed. So bummed I was really stoked for it. No isoproscaline either, was so curious about it. First time getting scammed in 15 years :(

O well maybe DPT will find me

Wow that place scammed you?? Surprising... I've used them several times but not in years. Unless we're not thinking of the same place.

Wow that place scammed you?? Surprising... I've used them several times but not in years. Unless we're not thinking of the same place.

I figured they were solid, been around for years...but its been 12 days since I sent funds and I havent had any responses from them. Such a bummer...a well way she goes

I got wonderful news from my new doctor; he will be continuing me on my IBS med as long as I need it and better treatment is unavailable. He said the soonest he expects any developments regarding breakthrough IBS treatments would be years from now based upon how long it took the medical establishment to even discover the existence of celiac disease, and that until such a time, he'll prescribe me my alprazolam at the same dose for 6 months at a time.

Y'all, I cannot explain in words how relieving it is to have a doctor say, "I believe you, it's not all in your head." Doctor after doctor after doctor for months now has been trying to kick me off alpraz, telling me I'm depressed and anxious and just don't know it, that it's all psychosomatic, that I need to go on anti-depressants. This one finally listened, and has agreed to treat me like a human being who is going through pain, just like any other person might.

I did find a suitable replacement drug through research, Donnatal; only, the FDA declared it not essential as an IBS med (so harder to script), it contains both atropine alkaloids and phenobarbital (zoinks!), and the only company that still manufactures it in the U.S. charges roughly $2000 for a month of medication... so I'm thinking I'll be on alprazolam for the rest of my life, barring some miracle discovery in G.I. medicine.

I'm so glad to hear that, man! I had strong hopes you would find the right situation. It sounds horribly disgusting, but I have read about people getting fecal transplants and having extraordinarily high rates of curing bowel issues.

I have been working so hard on my software platform for work. We still won't get the cloud server up for another 2 weeks (don't ask; so stupid). originally another company was going to come on and help on a contract basis with me leading; now it looks like I will be done before we even get the server up. I've just been working locally and using localhost as the domain. The contact at the contract software developer place told my boss that he's shocked and impressed by how far I've gotten on my own.

Once this thing goes live in version 1, I am going to focus on negotiating a way higher salary. Honestly I am doing the work of a whole team right now and they could pay me a lot more and still save money by not having to hire other people or pay for expensive contracts every time there is development to do. But I need 6 figures, my brother in law told me it's ridiculous and his company would hire me for 6 figures is an instant with the sort of experience and work I'm doing,. I don't want to leave though. But I need to let them know that I will unless I get paid fairly. I have the feeling they're testing me, they flew me to Dallas to talk strategy for the future of the company, and we decided on a number of my ideas to execute. And they told me I was promoted but it hasn't happened yet. That's why I think I'm being tested, to make sure I can deliver on what I said I would. But if they don't pay me what I'm worth after this, I have to be firm.

Once this thing goes live in version 1, I am going to focus on negotiating a way higher salary. Honestly I am doing the work of a whole team right now and they could pay me a lot more and still save money by not having to hire other people or pay for expensive contracts every time there is development to do. But I need 6 figures, my brother in law told me it's ridiculous and his company would hire me for 6 figures is an instant with the sort of experience and work I'm doing,. I don't want to leave though. But I need to let them know that I will unless I get paid fairly. I have the feeling they're testing me, they flew me to Dallas to talk strategy for the future of the company, and we decided on a number of my ideas to execute. And they told me I was promoted but it hasn't happened yet. That's why I think I'm being tested, to make sure I can deliver on what I said I would. But if they don't pay me what I'm worth after this, I have to be firm.
Great plan, it's good to be forward with these kinds of things, bosses understand.
Still can't believe they can't or refuse to find any decent programmers to help you out more dude.

It's kinda weird. I think they decided they didn't want to spend the money to hire more full-time people. The other company would have been helping me except for this shit with the IT management company switch and extreme lag in getting a web server set up. Some sort of red tape stuff. I'm kinda glad though, this way I get to have the whole thing structured and the only stuff to help with will be details.

probably need to shave and comb that mane before they'll give you that sweet 100k ;)

I have posted some easy recipes in the daily recipe thread here. Easy casserole or oignon cake for example.

what's in your fridge and pantry?
Nothing, I am awful like that, and most of the time I just buy exactly what I need.
I dug up some red cabbage that my grandmother makes a ton of each year, some sausages and potatoes. A Flemish classic... not saying it's that good but well made red cabbage, with apple and shit in it is pretty good.

this inflation is fucking crushing. Going to have to budget tighter. Gives me anxiety seeing that its only going to worsen here. The worst part of it all the government gave the poorest folk here fucking nothing including me. But gave busineseses and the richest folk over 50B. Some dude then calucated the true wealth transfer in NZ. and over 900 Billion wealth increase or someshit among the rich here while the poor all got into debt including me.

I find it insane how some self employed folk were getting paid over 60k last year from the gov while still doing business just cause of covid while the poorer got poor.

Fuck the system lol they robbed the poor and gave it to the rich.

I got 3 basic items from the supermarket and it cost me $22

^ Hey at least you pay your own way TZ. Very respectable.

So my wife is freaking out about this Freedom Convoy for Truckers in Canada. Seems she always thought Canada was her safe haven from the US. So we planned on possibly moving back someday. (right now I don't, the US is still my favoite place and I did the live in Canada on visa thing 18 years ago) But she is horrified that this is shaping up to be the Jan 6th of Canada in Ontario. They are threatening to harm the PM and what really horrified my wife is the confederate flags being waved (by Canadians lol) So yeah, humans are humans everywhere. Home is where the heart is, not a country. I wonder how it will get as it goes all weekend. Check it out. I agree with the no vaccine mandate. I don't agree on the "depopulizing society" of minorities. Has a lot of the same racist elements that Jan 6th had. My wife is beside herself sending me all this stuff and whew. But she did say Canada follows the US and is about 2-4 years behind.

I hope eveyone is well Have to catch up on some reading as I've been kind of busy. Had to deal with a broken furnace and burst frozen pipes and a flood. Now my house needs floors, walls and ceilings ripped down and redone. It's been single digits here. Life gets so damn tiring.

^ Hey at least you pay your own way TZ. Very respectable.

So my wife is freaking out about this Freedom Convoy for Truckers in Canada. Seems she always thought Canada was her safe haven from the US. So we planned on possibly moving back someday. (right now I don't, the US is still my favoite place and I did the live in Canada on visa thing 18 years ago) But she is horrified that this is shaping up to be the Jan 6th of Canada in Ontario. They are threatening to harm the PM and what really horrified my wife is the confederate flags being waved (by Canadians lol) So yeah, humans are humans everywhere. Home is where the heart is, not a country. I wonder how it will get as it goes all weekend. Check it out. I agree with the no vaccine mandate. I don't agree on the "depopulizing society" of minorities. Has a lot of the same racist elements that Jan 6th had. My wife is beside herself sending me all this stuff and whew. But she did say Canada follows the US and is about 2-4 years behind.

I hope eveyone is well Have to catch up on some reading as I've been kind of busy. Had to deal with a broken furnace and burst frozen pipes and a flood. Now my house needs floors, walls and ceilings ripped down and redone. It's been single digits here. Life gets so damn tiring.
have you ever looked into the requirements to becoming a Canadian citizen? I did as it is very close to me and I have spent a lot of time there. I was really truly surprised in the qualifications one must have before applying for citizenry. I don't qualify. Even before I became a " senior citizen" I didn't qualify. They have some pretty strict requirements. Never realized how hard it was to get into another country and make a life there.

have you ever looked into the requirements to becoming a Canadian citizen? I did as it is very close to me and I have spent a lot of time there. I was really truly surprised in the qualifications one must have before applying for citizenry. I don't qualify.
We are experts in immigration. You really have to marry a Canadian, or be a refugee or have a job that there is no Canadian for. Even getting a temp visa is a process but we went through all of that. Then did the opposite when we came to the states. The US immigration is a lot faster than Canadian. I do not envy anyone waiting on the Canadian immigration system. It is slow and filled with mistakes that take months to clear up.

But yeah, I grew up hearing people say they are moving to Canada, but people do not realize how hard that is. I happened to marry a Canadian.

Yeah anybody that thinks they're "just going to move to Canada" will be in for a rude awakening. I've attempted the emigration thing. It's rough

Status
Not open for further replies.