• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, stretching is key. When I go to the gym, I do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical (I love it because I'm getting old and running even on a treadmill hurts the fuck out of my knees and the elliptical is no impact), and then I do 30 minutes of lifting, mostly with free weights. Try to hit all the major muscle groups and I focus mostly on my core, which is the most important/beneficial to be strong IMO. Then I use the stretching machine to do 5 minutes of intense stretching, and I feel SO good when I get out of there.

I also do full body, it takes me a lot longer than 30 minutes though. Squats, horizontal rows (BB or T-bar which hits the lats like nothing else), vertical pulls (pull ups or lat pulldowns), military press and DB bench press and Romanian deadlifts half of the time.

Never any core work but I figure it's being hit hard by the compounds. I'm working on the ATG squats, still lacking some flexibility and stability real deep but once I get there it'll be epic. I'm up to 110kg for reps but it is feeling quite heavy on my back so I might start regular deadlifts again as I heard that helps a lot.

Well my joints are somewhat fucked. I can't do deadlifts anymore, too much psoriatic arthritis damage. I've got damage to my shoulders a bit, and a lot to my knees. I basically rely on my cardio to keep up my leg muscles. And I mean I'm not trying to bulk up, I just want to be in shape. When I did ibogaine, I was skinny as fuck and I had always been super skinny, never had much muscle. For the 2 years after ibogaine I worked to get bulk and now my body shape is changed. I'm just trying to keep it and not get flabby, and not be out of shape. An hour at the gym is all the time I can afford between my two careers I basically have, and some amount of time to be able to hang out with my girlfriend and do house work and stuff. And I consider the cardio the most important part, if I have to cut a gym visit short, I will cut the weights rather than the cardio. Though it used to be the other way around.

I’ve done lots of weights through my life and despite not having seriously done any for 10 years now it feels that I have much better than average strength across my whole body - except possibly core and lower back.

These days I find lifting pretty boring and can’t get motivated to do it - although I know it would be the fastest way to improve my conditioning and lose weight.

What I really love to stay fit is distance lap swimming listening to music - it really sorts out my mind in terms of mood/emotions as well as my body. Same with boxing which I also do. Your mind never tunes out while you are doing it and at the end of a session I feel that endorphin high, an all-body exhaustion, and the sharpest my mind ever is these days.

Well my main focus was pretty much always to bulk up mainly free weights and like you said Xorky it changed my body shape and I'm always pretty big now. But the last time I really went for it I only did Calisthenics for a couple years and that kinda muscle really stays with you. I did Pull-ups, Dips and Push-ups in different variations and really had my counts up pretty high after awhile. I even went on major Cocaine/Dope binges for a year after I got out and i still held onto it.

Right now I really need to get off my ass and start doing something. I'm gonna have to start working really soon tho and I know once I start cooking again I will be to tired to do anything but work. But I'll tell you what running around a kitchen all day is some serious cardio, I literally never stop moving for the entire day pretty much. I actually miss it and I'm so happy to be coming off blackout next week.

Gonna be working on some house projects today and then at around 5, going over to a friend's house to get together with him and Delsyd and take some drugs and chill. It's been a while, life gets busy, especially as you get older. Should be a god day. :)

Gonna be working on some house projects today and then at around 5, going over to a friend's house to get together with him and Delsyd and take some drugs and chill. It's been a while, life gets busy, especially as you get older. Should be a god day. :)
Yeah I am a bit worried about you man.

You aren't doing enough drugs lately! 🙂

Well my main focus was pretty much always to bulk up mainly free weights and like you said Xorky it changed my body shape and I'm always pretty big now. But the last time I really went for it I only did Calisthenics for a couple years and that kinda muscle really stays with you. I did Pull-ups, Dips and Push-ups in different variations and really had my counts up pretty high after awhile. I even went on major Cocaine/Dope binges for a year after I got out and i still held onto it.

Right now I really need to get off my ass and start doing something. I'm gonna have to start working really soon tho and I know once I start cooking again I will be to tired to do anything but work. But I'll tell you what running around a kitchen all day is some serious cardio, I literally never stop moving for the entire day pretty much. I actually miss it and I'm so happy to be coming off blackout next week.
Gelatin! Hydrolysed version. Great Lakes. It's super high in natural collagen, and is it synthesises, huge levels of glutathione.

I think it's used maybe to enhance performance energy even build I bet. Tissue, cartilage repair so would aid recovery with workouts.

But the glutathione makes it also a very effficient detox aid but by kind of stimulating the body to do it.

If I grapsed that loosely right over 10 yrs ago.

Last night was awesome. Realized that, over the majority of my adult life now, my two friends I originally met as Bluelighters remain the most consistent friendships I have. Even when it's been a while between seeing each other, it's always the same, my lifelong brothers from other mothers. :) We did 3 doses of MXE and smoked some weed and did a blast or two of nitrous, and talked endlessly about anything and everything. I'm grateful to have those guys in my life. <3

Now that I have woken up late after falling asleep at 4:30 in the morning, it's time to eat a bit and then spend the day trying to complete a major sanding/painting project on my house.

Got a job interview tomorrow, pretty excited. It's not the best place I could work but it's done money in my pocket for the time being at least. Hopefully they hire me I'm pretty over qualified so I don't see why they wouldn't honestly. It's the next step for me at this point and at least it will give me something to do each day. There is possibility that it's only part time and if that is the case I will just use the downtime to look for something better.

Nice Charlie, glad to hear it. It's definitely important to have things to do every day. And money of course.

I am so shaken by the acid trip I had yesterday. In all my time blasting away with mega-doses and pushing the limits on tolerance I have never felt anything so intense and emotionally draining as what just 200 ug did to me.

I can’t put it into words. Despite physical exhaustion and total depletion of my dopamine system from intense meth use over the previous week (or more) I found myself experiencing the most all-consuming euphoria of my life. It was like a redline IV meth rush but it just did not stop. At the same time endless waves of intense feelings of grief, loss, tragedy, longing, desire, and sadness absolutely wracked my body until I was unable to stand and I just lay on the floor of my kitchen howling until I could howl no more and just sobbed.

All it took to set me off was recalling in my mind how the night before a very kind woman who I can’t be with had looked into my eyes as we quietly held each other …just as Siri served up the Pearl Jam song ‘Alive’.

Such an exquisite pain should have ended in catharsis but I don’t think my mind or heart were totally cleansed.

I feel afraid of acid now.

I took 100 mics only last time, 13 days ago.

Should be mute for me by now right, if we accept the gospel.

December I took 1 mg.

Obviously there are differences in the experience.

But it's like driving at different speeds. A slower journey isn't necessarily less captivating, deep meanignfull provocative and insightful.

That 100 mic dose was enough to reach stratospheres and feel fully electrically high and activated by LSD.

I really have no tolerance. Years ago, 100 mics would have been a tease or aggravation. Now it's just a hop back on the ski lift.

I likely won't be tripping for a while, possibly ever again. I really don't need or desire to.

But like, lol atm I can REACH a small unrefrigerated kilner jar with enough doses in it to say goodbye blue sky.

I have control!

It's the buzz word though. Covid. I already could not physically tolerate LSD anymore because of the nerve damage being so severe since November. No mind over matter in it I can be totally sorted in my head it's very physical and it just gets worse and more uncomfortable as the trip goes on whatever my state of mind.

But something happened a few weeks ago and I've only just realised for almost certain it was actually my third contraction of Covid which immediately went into my nerves for the fourth time in those three infections each time the level of nerve damage has been greater than the previous entrance, in addition as well.

But. I did all my tripping really. It would just be for fun now, and it ain't fun in this condition.

Man, I realized... I suffer from a strange disorder akin to OCD. I hyper-focus on things that bother me unless/until I can fix them. Like, I scratched the back of my Glock yesterday when I was trying to put the slide back on the receiver, and it doesn't effect the way it shoots; hell, it's barely noticeable unless in bright light... but it bothers me to no end. Like I'm real fuckin' pissed off that I scratched my Glock ever so slightly, even though it's my go-to bedside/carry gun, something that sees daily service and use, getting lint down the barrel, dust in the slide, etc.

I do the same thing with my vinyl records (which is hopeless, vinyl is literally damaged by playing it) and with my car (which is outdoors, how do I expect to protect it?) and with my computer. With everything I own. Even with the labels on my most favorite vials of drugs (if the label is ever so off kilter, I'll rip it off and print a new one so I can stick it on 'just right').

I don't know how to let go and be free.

It is vexing.

Man, I realized... I suffer from a strange disorder akin to OCD. I hyper-focus on things that bother me unless/until I can fix them. Like, I scratched the back of my Glock yesterday when I was trying to put the slide back on the receiver, and it doesn't effect the way it shoots; hell, it's barely noticeable unless in bright light... but it bothers me to no end. Like I'm real fuckin' pissed off that I scratched my Glock ever so slightly, even though it's my go-to bedside/carry gun, something that sees daily service and use, getting lint down the barrel, dust in the slide, etc.

I do the same thing with my vinyl records (which is hopeless, vinyl is literally damaged by playing it) and with my car (which is outdoors, how do I expect to protect it?) and with my computer. With everything I own. Even with the labels on my most favorite vials of drugs (if the label is ever so off kilter, I'll rip it off and print a new one so I can stick it on 'just right').

I don't know how to let go and be free.

It is vexing.
Well. My own experience. Actually tonnes of LSD but really specifically so many times jumping in the deep end, to feel an infant, to relearn everything again fully but in a new improved way, has definitely helped me personally to I realise be so truly free.

I wanna ask y'all something, would y'all make ayahuasca legally available for the average joe to be cured by its mental splinter? Saying because i've witness with my own eyes how ayahuasca cured someone who was since the age of 4 predispose to schizo and by age of 7 it was full packet thread and his family which wasn't in a elegant financial corner with what they had didn't help him and he said, his whole memory wipped out but not his ''friend'', he came with a man about around his age

How is everybody today? I've been smoking killer herb and Delta 8 all day.

My buddy from out of town is stopping by for a smoke session here in a bit. I haven't seen him in like a year so that'll be fun later.

Let da weed bun!

Status
Not open for further replies.