• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I would imagine that if you're using good speakers, you wouldn't want to artificially color the tone with an EQ or anything.

Wow you're like a unicorn! I can't imagine making the decision to produce music based on wanting to make money! Of course one can end up making a lot of money making music but it's not the norm. If I was supporting myself on my music I'd be destitute...

Maybe I'm overestimating my ability to commercialize my music... we'll see in a few months how that ends up panning out.

How broad is your base of music? To me there's an endless stream of good music. If you listen to the nationally popular stuff from any genre it's mostly crap, but there's so much stuff out there, I could list you stuff that's amazing all day long.

I like some music from almost every genre; right now I'm listening to more jazz than anything, but usually I'm into electronic stuff. If you have any suggestions for new stuff to check out, I'm all ears! (har har)

Check out Khruangbin, everyone here really

They're from Austin just like me, and were inspired by the cult Thai music blog http://monrakplengthai.blogspot.com/ on their drives around the Hill Country. They do all their playing and recording in a barn somewhere here in the hill country as they say it allows their true musical form to express itself without any influence from the city. They have an amazing blend of country, blues, bluegrass, and thai sounds. I just found them from a Boiler Room set two days ago and my goodness I'm in love. Being from Texas it's an amazing blend of home / familiarity and exotic scales. Great stuff.

eDIT: I just played keyboard for about thirty minutes and played absolutely beautifully. It consistently blows my mind how amazing I can play when under the influence of alcohol, dissociatives, or psychedelics. Yet when I try sober I become a bumbling idiot. As frustrating as it is not being able to continue the highs of influenced playing, I am more than inspired by the times that I am able to play so well.

Last edited:
^Thanks that sounds nice

I can't wait to blast music with these new speakers while peaking on LSD lol

Last edited:
This album is great, xammy! I wish I had my big 12" subwoofer but unfortunately it's on a long term loan to a good friend due to living in an apartment complex :'( Any other recommendations for other albums or EPs of his to listen to? I'm on Tetra right now and this one is sooooo nice

This is sick. I love downtempo & psybreaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Yw8scavVs

Last edited:
Yeah Khruangbin are pretty awesome, saw them playing at a techno festival this summer and loved it

Thanks xammy <3 I already downloaded that Reflection album when you posted the Ekto link too!

And that NoW Boiler Room set is one of my favorites for sure. That set along with Kaytranada's Montreal BR set got a huge group of friends in Orange, CA into DJs when they'd been mostly in jazz, psychedelic / classic / what have you rock, and basically non electronic stuff beforehand. It also gave me the opportunity to tell them I had my DJing stuff there which led to the next and last night being an MDMA and alcohol fueled dance party scored by none other than yours truly! What a great night...

I uploaded a draft of a new song,'Summerfall' https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BznGre-0Bn01ellTRm0xZkVVWms
It's more melodic-centric than a lot of my stuff, but it still has a lot of rhythm play as per my style. Looking for possibly bringing in a female vocalist but haven't found anyone yet.

Oh an here is another new unreleased track, 'Solid State' https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BznGre-0Bn01YzhQdlFhUVE1dWM this one is much more beat-centric, but more '4 on the floor' than my usual style which is more breakbeat.

Cheers and happy Friday. I have a very exciting weekend ahead of me with PD, I'll report back in a few days :D

Beats Antique tomorrow! So psyched. Been feeling sick all week but I'm finally rallying, just in time for the show.

I miss my ex-girlfriend. I've never had a connection with someone like I've had with her, and now she's completely cut me off because her new boyfriend is jealous and anxious about me. I've been drinking for what, like nine hours now, so in no way am I sober, but in this state I really can tell that I'm not 100% over how things have turned out. She's completely limited her being and really her ability to give and receive love because of this new guy's inability to be comfortable with the depth of our relationship, and on a very deep level it hurts me so. She is one of the most light filled persons I've ever met and one of my favorite people I've met in this lifetime, so not having any contact or connection with her anymore is really heartbreaking. On a day to day basis I have accepted and understand the situation as it is, but damn, in states like this I really miss her. She's on her own path, and her limiting herself with this guy is what she's supposed to be doing I guess, but it still sucks. Especially considering I may be leaving the country in a few months, in which case we won't even have the opportunity to have any kind of close contact for years to come. Life.......

Jealousy sucks man. Some people are just like that. I hope it starts feeling better for you soon one way or another.

My girlfriend is really good friends with her ex boyfriend, they were together for 5 years and they're really close. He lives in California and visits sometimes, and right now (and every year) she goes to Cali for 2 months to do trimming for him. I had a hard time with it when he was just an idea, although I never externalized that to her, but once I met him and spent time with him and with the 3 of us, I never had a problem with it again, that guy's great, he's my friend too.

Halloween party last night. Fuck man. I had at least 12+ beers. I'm disappointed in myself. I went as a 70s period piece type guy, paisley shirt, big silver belt buckle. Looked more like a dead head lol. It was a good look, talked to tons of chicks, this shit was hoppin'. 50+ people in the house. Island parties blow away what I had in college.

But anyways, copious consumption of booze led me to a stupor where I was sitting on the ground out front of the house party, talking to some chick who happened to walk by with her dog. She was odd. Had a strange voice (not strange, just... unique) and for some reason felt compelled to sit next to me and let me hug on her dog in between bouts of nausea. My friend was hammered and pissed off his current fuck buddy. I drove my car there and this guy I had given a lift was constantly trying to get me to sober up, putting water in my hands. Someone else ended up giving my friend and I a lift, but we completely forgot the other guy. Hopefully he made it somewhere safely. Fuck man.

Here we are in PD and all my stories are about me binge drinking... What can I say, it's the culture here. When all your friends are sailors, you drink.

Ironically, last weekend when I was at the air show, my friends all went to Octoberfest and tripped acid. Honestly, the air show is only one weekend a year... no regrets there. Last night everyone wanted to trip too, but I left my shit an hour away and our acid guy was 2 hours away. Texas is too fuckin big man.

Today, I'm gonna get all my girlfriend duties knocked out. Going to the reptile show at noon, gonna pick up some rats for Sunflower (bitch better eat soon, 4 months now). Then pumpkin carving with the girl. Nightmare Before Christmas following that. And I just picked up a quarter of herb, so probably gonna roll up a jay tonight. Doing some dab reclaim at the moment.

Have a good weekend PD. I'm gonna finally do my 2C-C/MXE combo on Halloween night as a celebration of this mysterious universe we live in.

Last edited:
Ouch, yeah, drinking can be shitty. I go a little overboard where I meant to sometimes too, though for me it involves having to lay down for a bit, I can't remember the last time I was actually acting in ways I didn't mean to. Even so, I wake up in the morning like, damn, I wish I had drank a little less.

I have been feeling increasingly run down, I think it all started when I did 4-EMC twice in 3 days and then foolishly did it again 2 days after that. Also been snorting bumps of 3-MeO-PCP. I snorted a lot of the 4-EMC and ever since then my nasal passages and throat have been irritated and sickly feeling. I also have been staying up late a lot, and smoking a fair amount of cigarettes. I don't think I'm actually sick though but yesterday I really felt like ass. I slept for 11 hours last night and I feel better. Today I may go hiking, and I will probably go out to see a show unless I feel worse again. I feel pretty decent today but I'm going to avoid drugs and smoking, and just opt for chill activities like a nice nature hike and a low-key show at a chill venue later, plus hanging with friends.

I really need to stop smoking cigarettes. I was vaping for a couple of years but honestly it started to skeeve me out bad, I had this really nasty chronic cough and it just felt wrong, like I was convinced I wads going to develop some sort of weird lung disease. I started smoking cigarettes sometimes instead, but it's slowly increased and now I feel the classic tobacco lung shit. It actually feels better in some ways but what I really need to do is have healthy lungs. I can really tell the difference from a year ago, and I can REALLY tell the difference from 2 years ago.

Watch out on those empathogens man. I don't fuck with them but 2-3 times a year, and I feel that's proper.

Cigs are a thing I'll never understand. I smoke maybe one a month when I'm out drinking. Tastes like ass and has a tendency to make me sick. I much prefer some British snuff with menthol these days. Might ask my buddy to bring me back a tin from England next time he visits. Tobacco just isn't something to make a habit of. It's a proven carcinogen and people always complain of terrible coughs and they smell like an old person n' shit. Not bashing people for doing it... I just can't get on board. I have an addictive personality as they say, but nicotine was never a thing for me.

Yeah I know, empathogens are my weak spot these days. I'm determined to develop discipline with them though.

Yeah dude, ciagrettes/nicotine is the weirdest drug I have ever encountered. I actually dislike the nicotine buzz, I always have. All other drugs I have been compulsed to/addicted to make sense to me... they make me feel awesome so I want to keep doing them despite negatives. But with nicotine it's all negatives. I dip when I don't smoke and that's feeling pretty damn negative too. It's like everything about nicotine is bad for me, except for I just like the action of smoking. But the dip doesn't even make sense, I dislike dipping, but for whatever reason I want to feel nicotine, even though I know it isn't going to feel good. It creeps me out kinda... what the fuck sort of drug is nicotine?

Jealousy sucks man. Some people are just like that. I hope it starts feeling better for you soon one way or another.

My girlfriend is really good friends with her ex boyfriend, they were together for 5 years and they're really close. He lives in California and visits sometimes, and right now (and every year) she goes to Cali for 2 months to do trimming for him. I had a hard time with it when he was just an idea, although I never externalized that to her, but once I met him and spent time with him and with the 3 of us, I never had a problem with it again, that guy's great, he's my friend too.

idk man, that 2 months away with the ex business would definitely not fly with me

on the other hand I've told the story before I think about how my baby-moms got back together with her long term boyfriend after he got out of jail (we had a brief fling during his incarceration and this resulted in her getting pregnant), I had known him a little bit thru the local scene, but not really. a mutual friend of hers & mine who really aggressively tried to set us up was filling my mind with a lot of notions about how he was a terrible guy and used to hit her and stuff, and my knowing her (the mutual friend) a lot better than either of them kinda took her word for it but it turned out to be way exaggerated to say the least, actually after he got out of jail and she broke it off with me and got back with him the three of us would hang out from to time. this same dude is now raising my son who just turned 10 just like he was his own and I have all the respect in the world for the man to the point I can't even express it.

various people said:
a lot of binging going on around here

I'd be a monstrous hypocrite to tell y'all not to do it (look at some of my posts in the original PD social threads lol or even my lifestyle now as goes for booze and stuff) but dudes be careful, especially the OGs, we're not young anymore and can't party and hold it down like we used to (Xorkoth, yeah, I'm looking at you, again, me being a huge hypocrite, but still), I can remember the days when I could go to some warehouse party or whatever on like six drugs, dance the night away, do some business, and then go to my straight job in the morning and be alright, basically it was 40-60 hours a week straight job 30-40 hours a week scene. fast, fast, very fast. it's inconceivable to me now. like, I really can't imagine or process the shit that I used to do, it feels like it was someone else, and to some extent, it was was someone else because I was always operating under different names and stuff, what undercovers call "legends," you know, sometimes I actually have to think about things like my name, where I'm from, how old I am, etc. because I've lived so many different realities, you could call them lies, but they were just personas, to keep different parts of my life separate. it was needed.

to the people who were talking about random powders - I can actually remember playing "name that drug" one New Years Eve, again, we're not kids anymore, I can't imagine doing any shit like that; or the time that I accidentally dosed LSD by inhalation when trying to weigh some of the stuff out, whoa boy, yeah. fuck. life is so different now. it's incomprehensible. eventually that kinda stuff has to end, and the end often isn't pretty; I really hope that y'all guys go out gently from the vida loca, yeah? I didn't; lefft me with all sorts of confusion and diffusion and PTSD, shit sucks. but what can you do. it's life. so it goes. life goes on.

It creeps me out kinda... what the fuck sort of drug is nicotine?

I've noticed that cigarettes are glorified in movies / television / art, where they are used to portray a coolness factor. Also, weirdly, I am a habitual tobacco smoker in many of my dreams, although I've always hated the crap in real life.

Tobacco must have served some purpose for society; I am a believer that everything happens for a reason, and from what my parents tell me, it was so widespread in the 70s that their college classrooms were perpetually littered with cigarette butts.

2C-B and MXE was a lovely combo, so I'd imagine -C will complement it nicely as well. Have fun! I'm feeling brave, so I'm gonna go ahead with my plan to roll tonight for the Beats Antique show, even though I was feeling sick a couple days ago. Not gonna nexusflip (+2C-B) as I had been tempted to, though - that combo can make me a little queasy sometimes, and I don't really feel like vomiting in a bar bathroom tonight :)

Have fun solistus! I wish I could make it out but I just don't have the money to be going out, especially when the show is at the venue it's at *bleh*

As of now it's looking like my plans for the night consist of pushing farther with DPT. I'm thinking 25mg plugged followed by another 25mg thirty minutes later, although everything I've read on dosage is highly contradicting leaving me still a little unsure if that's enough for what I want or if it's even too much. More research to follow and possibly changed dosage, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Still nursing a nauseous stomach from last night... I'm not puking but my stomach never feels settled. Fuck me...

Gonna toke up a bit and probably call it an early night for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.