• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut HCL - Come up went from 5 hours to 10. Anyone have a clue or experience this? Seems permanent.

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
OK.
Been fucking with phenibut hcl for the last 4 years or so.
For 2 1/2 yrs "peak" was at 5 hrs like clockwork. Very dependently.
The last year I find that I will "feel" the phenibut in an hour or two but the full effects now take 10 hours. This is also clockwork. The "peak" is the same as the 5 hrs trip previously.
Nothing has changed other than our move to PA. I do not drink the water and my diet is mostly the same. I eat or dont eat (other than a few saltines) before dose has no bearing on time or effects. Never has. I have studied on this for a while and come up nil on why the hell cant I get my ease of mind when I need it anymore? I mean I would time it to hit when I need it most. lol I like it anyway would just like to know if anyone has a clue as to the doubling in full effects. I can understand and hour or so but double?
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it but would like to figure this out.
Maybe I need to take it before I go to sleep...? :unsure:

Hmm, interesting. I have noticed recently that I have been having a hard time getting the full effects I used to reliably get. It just isn't as good lately, which is weird since I've been using it on and off for 17 years now. I will notice that the strongest physical effects will peak around 8 to 10 hours in, that stage where it can feel kinda weird in the body and you can feel a bit "too much", but it won't be accompanied by the really good effects that I love from phenibut.

It didn't even cross my mind that this could be a different product. Wonder if this is an issue with mis-labeling. I get that we change over time but something is amiss. I would default to a "bunk product" if it was another drug that was brought up in a thread.
Maybe this isn't what was being said but somehow that's where I went.
Maybe if paychecks come in right I can figure out where to send a sample just for shits and giggles. That may also explain some other funky shit that's been going on that could be unrelated but not sure how I feel about coincidence.
Thanks for the input. At least it brought another perspective and another case of an all of a sudden different "feel" from a previously reliable substance.
Just made me want answers more. lol damn

I dunno, phenibut has a pretty distinctive taste and sourness. Would be kinda hard to fake. It's weird though, not sure why it would change for both of us. I mean most drugs have changed for me over time and gotten less good. But phenibut stayed the same for so long. I don't use it very often, either.

It could be that whoever is synthing it now is doing it slightly differently perhaps? I know phenibut has R and S isomers and of course there's 4Flouro (which probably has nowt to do with it).
I've got some coming tomorrow actually. Looking forward to it. I'll make a not as to how long it takes to peak. To be honest I've never noticed it taking 5 hours but I'll pay attention. It's quite a mild compound unless you take a lot and then it just feels nasty IMO.
Have you tried a different vendor? A lot of them probably get it from the same lab but there must be other options. Maybe let your vendor know?

I do have a tub from a different vendor. I have only used the one brand since the beginning. Next dose day I will try the other dor comparrison.
phenibut has a pretty distinctive taste and sourness
Without a doubt. It def tastes the same but damn if the action isn't different.
I am just baffled trying to figure this.
Yall have a good day I am off to work
Peace

I noticed a major permatolerance develop to phenibut, especially after taking very heavy doses, no matter how much time I took off.

it also could be some physical change, phenibut has a weird metabolization. Only 1% of your dose actually ever crosses your blood brain barrier.

:oops:
1% of phenibut is actually "active"? WTH? Shocking to think what 50% would feel like. lol Guess it would just be a lower dose as other substances that provide great bioavailability. <--- is this even a word?
I have seen where there are issues with tolerance and subsequent dependence on most everything but gabapetinoids seem to be one of the tops. This is one substance that I have not even wanted to dose constantly. When on gabapentin I had to eat a lot all the time and would rarely get very far. Even eating fatty foods and such with staggered doses (i think it helps, idk for sure).
I misuse gabapentinoids at times but never felt like I wanted to chase the "buzz" they provide. I enjoy it a lot once in a while but like alcohol... just dont want that buzz all the time so....
If I had an unlimited supply of benzos I would ride out the rest of my life on them (specifically alprazolam but there is an rc that I like more thats almost identical). I could certainly see me doing benz (damn the tolerance) the rest of my life if it never ran out. :p

:oops:
1% of phenibut is actually "active"? WTH? Shocking to think what 50% would feel like. lol Guess it would just be a lower dose as other substances that provide great bioavailability. <--- is this even a word?
I have seen where there are issues with tolerance and subsequent dependence on most everything but gabapetinoids seem to be one of the tops. This is one substance that I have not even wanted to dose constantly. When on gabapentin I had to eat a lot all the time and would rarely get very far. Even eating fatty foods and such with staggered doses (i think it helps, idk for sure).
I misuse gabapentinoids at times but never felt like I wanted to chase the "buzz" they provide. I enjoy it a lot once in a while but like alcohol... just dont want that buzz all the time so....
If I had an unlimited supply of benzos I would ride out the rest of my life on them (specifically alprazolam but there is an rc that I like more thats almost identical). I could certainly see me doing benz (damn the tolerance) the rest of my life if it never ran out. :p
I could be wrong, just quoting some paper I read. It could have been 5%, but it was something very low. It contradicted most random google searches. It made sense, since phenibut analogs are quite potent... why do people need to take 3g of phenibut to get high?

I'm far too drunk to attempt to defend it now,

woooooooooo

year of the snake

You know what? One thing about my use has changed. I just posted dosages in another thread and realized that I dropped dosage a while back to try to save the magic or maybe I was running out and tapering idk.
Anyway, I never raised the dose to former level. Not sure how this would affect timing of it all cause I still get the usual effects, though takes longer.
I will dose 1.5g tomorrow and see how this works out. This may be the culprit. I know Imma feel some kinda good. Looking forward to it and also the possible answer to the delayed reaction.

Enjoy the night and please be safe.
attempt to defend it
Relax and focus on the buzz. ;)
Peace

I suppose it is possible that the synth route was changed, resulting in a different ratio of isomers or something, but I doubt it, as it is produced legally and industrially, and the vendor I am sure you use is top-notch, known for having the best quality products on the market. Unless the availability of precursors or something has changed, I don't see why they'd change it. And phenibut is a pretty simple molecule, and cheap as hell, so I doubt it's very complex to produce.