• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Piracetam

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Does piracetam (alone, without e.g. a stimulant) help noticeably with learning and cognition and what dose would I have to take? I know of somebody who got it prescribed for brain fog and she got nothing out of it but that was at the usually prescribed dose, I think nootropics users dose higher.

I do have problems with memorizing stuff after a dissociative addiction (now abstinent for more than two years) and hope piracetam could help me. The more potent nootropics variants like noopept etc are unfortunately out of reach here, I would need to import and carry a license for that which I can't get.

In my years of experimenting with pharmaceutical nootropics (all of them, separately and together), I found that if things like neurological nutrition were not optimized first, then nootropics did little to improve cognition. I'm referring to things like vitamins and minerals, neurotransmitter precursors, etc. One of the primary things nootropics do is increase brain blood supply, so you want that blood to be nutrition-rich to do repair work. Make sense?

Also in my experience, piracetam was one of the weakest nootropics. Vinpocetine, hydergine and selegiline did more. Ultimately, I was able to resolve my brain fog and other cognitive issues (including PTSD-related brain damage) with self-prescribed low-dose ketamine therapy. That was back before there were legal options like Esketamine nasal spray. I'm not saying you should go take ketamine - and in fact that may be a bad idea because you have a history of dissociative addiction and the protocol I did requires a strictly disciplined low dose - but I am just recounting my experience. Doing 10mg of ketamine (and no more) on a therapeutic basis did more for my specific brain injury than any other substance.

In my years of experimenting with pharmaceutical nootropics (all of them, separately and together), I found that if things like neurological nutrition were not optimized first, then nootropics did little to improve cognition. I'm referring to things like vitamins and minerals, neurotransmitter precursors, etc. One of the primary things nootropics do is increase brain blood supply, so you want that blood to be nutrition-rich to do repair work. Make sense?

Also in my experience, piracetam was one of the weakest nootropics. Vinpocetine, hydergine and selegiline did more. Ultimately, I was able to resolve my brain fog and other cognitive issues (including PTSD-related brain damage) with self-prescribed low-dose ketamine therapy. That was back before there were legal options like Esketamine nasal spray. I'm not saying you should go take ketamine - and in fact that may be a bad idea because you have a history of dissociative addiction and the protocol I did requires a strictly disciplined low dose - but I am just recounting my experience. Doing 10mg of ketamine (and no more) on a therapeutic basis did more for my specific brain injury than any other substance.
Can I please ask where you are from?

I've tried a bunch of racetams over the years, Piraracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam. I really liked them, they gave me great focus and clarity. My favorite was Oxiracetam but due to the high price I didnt order that much of it. Aniracetam seems to be the best mix of potency and price as you do have to take quite a bit for the benefits. Make sure that you are taking choline with any racetam or you will just end up with brain fog. I would not bother with Pira or Pram, Pira is just weak and Pram is very expensive and too strong to be functional. Hope this helps, I dont know where you are in the world but here in the US these are all OTC via online vendors.

I've tried a bunch of racetams over the years, Piraracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam. I really liked them, they gave me great focus and clarity. My favorite was Oxiracetam but due to the high price I didnt order that much of it. Aniracetam seems to be the best mix of potency and price as you do have to take quite a bit for the benefits. Make sure that you are taking choline with any racetam or you will just end up with brain fog. I would not bother with Pira or Pram, Pira is just weak and Pram is very expensive and too strong to be functional. Hope this helps, I dont know where you are in the world but here in the US these are all OTC via online vendors.
Thank you for your reply and good info. The other one I have heard is good is phenylpiracetam but I have not tried it. I liked noopept more than piracetam but I heard it's not a racetam.

With the choline are you meant to take it at the same time AND for the next day or so? I find I am feeling weird a day after alpha GPC and piracetam but the last few times I tried it I dissolved half (400mg) under my tongue so not sure that acts different in how it affects the body. I can feel myself getting heart palpitations and like a heavy feeling in the chest so not sure I will try it much longer. I needed some extra energy for house cleaning for a property inspection today but once that is over I will lay off everything.

With the choline are you meant to take it at the same time AND for the next day or so? I find I am feeling weird a day after alpha GPC and piracetam but the last few times I tried it I dissolved half (400mg) under my tongue so not sure that acts different in how it affects the body. I can feel myself getting heart palpitations and like a heavy feeling in the chest so not sure I will try it much longer. I needed some extra energy for house cleaning for a property inspection today but once that is over I will lay off everything.

The suppliers I have ordered from offer a choline citrate that I would take in equal parts to the racetams. I often would just put them in the same gel tabs. Also eggs are a great food source of choline that is easier on the belly sometimes. I never liked Alpa because of the price. I would buy the Aniracetam , Choline citrate and 500mg gel tabs all at the same time, spend an afternoon assembling and have about 2 months supply for under $100. Days I would be working ( creative field) I would start with 1000mg and sometimes redose the same after lunch. It never had a stim effect for me, just focus and creative nimbleness. Also get ready for some very vivid dreams for the first few days. Which i enjoyed very much. I tried Noopept and Modafinil before but really didnt like how speedy they were and also be careful with those, often times the they come from over seas vendors that can be a bit unreliable. I would get sketchy blister packs with sand script all over them , sometimes the pills were chalky and looked like scary festival pills. Aniracetam has shown in studies to have a lower toxicity than even the placebo!!! I hope this helps. If you are in the US , just look around for the bulk powder. Drink a lot of water as always. Hope this helps

Wait till you try Levetiracetam. Sounds good, a racetam for Epilepsy.

Wrong, its a monster that even Psychiatrist de-advice,as the side effect's are mostle prychiatric, overload for them vs lack of Psychiatrist's.
Besides the incummebilty (sperm), while aroused and having a stiff one. The side effects are horrible, vivid nightmares, insomnia, Kepprage ( it makes you very agitated ), Doens't prevent seizures and had me on the brick of suicide, so that includes depression. Only to learn that Psychiatris't agree connsider it a fluke. While neurologists consider it 1-st line before the old school proven Valproic acid or Lamotrigine.

Last but not of importance VPA stimulates ADHD, so I assume Levetiratetam did even better, for the un medicated.ADHD-er this 1+1=3.Just an remark as I am shortly on my meds again and of the VPA. Well about taper.

The fact its even not 1--line-st medication, Valproic Acid and Lamotrigine are. makes me think abot the medicical promotion lobby.

And IMO Piratetam is bullshit but without GPC/ Choline Bitartraat or Lecitine for the reforms, the headaches are annoying so do what you like.

Last edited: