• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos plugging xanax

mrflowers00

Ex-Bluelighter
xanax takes about 45min to start working on me which is a bitch when i'm having a panic attack so i was wondering how effective it is to plug it and would it work faster like what is the bioavailability when plugged

if anyone knows either the BA of plugged xanax or has done it themselves let me know if it's as strong as taking it orally and does it take effect faster any knowledge on the subject would be so greatly appreciated

It takes effect faster, but you should really just eat them... the oral BA is around 90%, and it has a very rapid onset compared to other oral drugs. I plug opiates on a daily basis so it's something I'm more than comfortable with, but there's really just no real point to plugging the vast majority of benzos IME, Xanax included.

Last edited:
well i just wondered because orally it takes 40 to 50min to take effect with me and that is a while to go if i'm already having a panic attack

does anyone know about how long it would take to kick in if i plugged xanax because i can't let it dissolve under my tongue because it's so bitter i throw up to me xanax is even more bitter than soma

sublingual is th best ROA. I know the taste is wack, iv learned to actually like it. Take a few sips of juice or something will its dissolving,it should help. When snorted it hits faster, but it will damage your nose, at first you wont feel anything in the nose,but as minutes fly the burn will get worse and worse. NOW all the people here will say im an idiot and it doesnt work because poor zanax istn water soluble, but guess what it doesnt matter,it works, it just wont be as strong as if you ate it. I recommend sublingual.

Sublingual is the way to go. Klonopin tastes alot like candy, but Xanax has that medicine taste. Just use a drink and try to stomach it.

I find it hard to believe it takes such a long time to take effect.. perhaps you can try sublingual, but be aware that xanax tastes like shit.

I find it hard to believe it takes such a long time to take effect.. perhaps you can try sublingual, but be aware that xanax tastes like shit.

Yeah, that is a very long time for Xanax. Pills always seem to take a bit longer to kick in for me than most people, but Xanax manages to still take noticeable effect with 15-20 minutes.

I get very severe panic attacks too (to the point where I'm able to collect disability), so I can very much relate. But if you're in a situation where taking faster effect is really super-necessary, then the circumstances aren't going to be very conducive to leaving immediately, finding a private bathroom, preparing a syringe, and then putting drugs up your ass. And even if the situation DOES allow for all that, with the additional time this all takes it's very probable that in the end it will just wind up kicking in even later than it would have if you had just swallowed it, anyways. The only time that you're likely to be able to respond immediately to the need to quash a panic attack by plugging pills is when you're in the privacy of your own home... and if you're just having a panic attack by yourself at home, you really shouldn't even be taking it in the first place.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no reason to plug alprazolam. Take it from me man, not to toot my own horn but as the resident expert on Xanax and the Rectal ROA, let me tell you that there is no way to get alprazolam to work faster than the sublingual ROA and that if the SL ROA is insufficient, it's because you have abused Xanax to such an extent that no matter how you get it into your bloodstream, your receptors are probably fried and the only way to feel benzodiazepines again is to massively reduce your intake (over a slow taper to prevent seizures of course, I'd switch to diazepam if I were you) which I can only imagine is an obscene amount.

It is nowhere near as bitter as carisoprodol, and even if it were, the answer isn't plugging. It's either you take it SL or you just oral dose it and wait for your onset, which I guarantee happens within 10-15 minutes, but your tolerance is so high that it feels like it takes 45 minutes to peak.

TL;DR your massive abuse of the drug is the problem with you not achieving desired effects. I have tons of experience with alprazolam and the rectal ROA, doesn't really matter what solvent you use, it is ALWAYS a waste of calories, time, xanax, solvent, and syringe. Man up and SL the pill, they are not that bitter.... If you can IV like 500mg of roxicodone per shot, but cannot bear to taste a a little xanax..... that just seems fucking weird to me, and alprazolam is an acquired taste, when I was a little kid I thought they were bitter but now they just taste like relief and tranquility, but that's just my $0.02.

Hope you and your pops are doing well brother, been a long time since I've seen you post here and you had me worryin bout ch'all in the struggle. One Love bro, hit me up sometime.

I have been on xanax ever since I.have got out of the military. I have ptsd and get 60 2mg a month. Are yall not taking a certin amount daily?

I thankfully after like, a decade of struggling with alprazolam dependency and for a while addiction, have managed to stop taking it except for very few occasions. For me, this includes when traveling via airplane, to counteract any anxiolysis induced by CNS stimulants, for example caffeine really doesn't get along with me so I don't often consume soda of any kind, let alone the kinds with caffeine (which tend to be the best ones). I'll still have Dr. Pepper of course... but I don't drink a lot of soda. Oh yeah, and Baja Blast Mountain Dew. I wish I had a fountain of that and DP and like 6 other drinks/solutions of my choice. Anyways, back when I was taking Dexedrine and Adderall, I got horrible hypertension that I was instructed to counteract with alprazolam so I was taking tons of #100count x 2mg alprazolam bottles for a while until I found a better stimulant than Dexedrine.

As those of you who have true experience with amphetamines likely can relate to, particularly wih the formulations containing levoamphetamine, it's a truly horrible feeling for most people, although I have heard of some people who benefit from the PNS/Peripheral Nerve System side effects induced by the levo isomer of amphetatine / l-amp.

I also have PTSD and will take alprazolam if I am experiencing an unbearable flashback or when I know I will be around triggers.

So yeah, I used to need obscene amounts of the drug to get out of bed every morning and an insane amount to sleep through the night without seizures due to it's seemily ever decreasing half-life. I mean I've been taking it for an entire decade, and it has not lost a drop of it's efficacy but it's duration is noticeably shorter and it's intensity is nothing like the first year and my sporadic periods of extremely obscenely high too embarassed to post doses of it, I am grateful that now I am able to strictly regulate my intake of it and that it still works for what I need it to. I do not recommend that anyone take it enough to become dependent unless they REALLY need it, and I think that most people these days are thrown benzodiazepines like they were candy by doctors, they are some of the most prescribed drugs in the nation, everyone and their mom has a benzo script. I mean, Hydrocodone/APAP is and has been the most RX'd drug in the USA year after year since Valium, and going further back, morphine, which essentially was the beginning of the pharmaceutical industry, the isolation of morphine... Not benzodiazepines, I know, but just my $0.02 and then some ;)

I can imagine you having a panic attack in the supermarket, going into the freezer section, jumping in and sticking a xanny up your arse. I think it would be easier to take orally or sublingually, but I just have a strange head. Maybe you get panic attacks for different reasons than myself and no offense intended, btw. I just thought it would have been funny to try and plug in a public place.

You could also try crushing the pills and parachute them for a faster onset. Even if they are IR this should theoretically decrease the absorbtion time.

I thankfully after like, a decade of struggling with alprazolam dependency and for a while addiction, have managed to stop taking it except for very few occasions. For me, this includes when traveling via airplane, to counteract any anxiolysis induced by CNS stimulants, for example caffeine really doesn't get along with me so I don't often consume soda of any kind, let alone the kinds with caffeine (which tend to be the best ones). I'll still have Dr. Pepper of course... but I don't drink a lot of soda. Oh yeah, and Baja Blast Mountain Dew. I wish I had a fountain of that and DP and like 6 other drinks/solutions of my choice. Anyways, back when I was taking Dexedrine and Adderall, I got horrible hypertension that I was instructed to counteract with alprazolam so I was taking tons of #100count x 2mg alprazolam bottles for a while until I found a better stimulant than Dexedrine.

As those of you who have true experience with amphetamines likely can relate to, particularly wih the formulations containing levoamphetamine, it's a truly horrible feeling for most people, although I have heard of some people who benefit from the PNS/Peripheral Nerve System side effects induced by the levo isomer of amphetatine / l-amp.

I also have PTSD and will take alprazolam if I am experiencing an unbearable flashback or when I know I will be around triggers.

So yeah, I used to need obscene amounts of the drug to get out of bed every morning and an insane amount to sleep through the night without seizures due to it's seemily ever decreasing half-life. I mean I've been taking it for an entire decade, and it has not lost a drop of it's efficacy but it's duration is noticeably shorter and it's intensity is nothing like the first year and my sporadic periods of extremely obscenely high too embarassed to post doses of it, I am grateful that now I am able to strictly regulate my intake of it and that it still works for what I need it to. I do not recommend that anyone take it enough to become dependent unless they REALLY need it, and I think that most people these days are thrown benzodiazepines like they were candy by doctors, they are some of the most prescribed drugs in the nation, everyone and their mom has a benzo script. I mean, Hydrocodone/APAP is and has been the most RX'd drug in the USA year after year since Valium, and going further back, morphine, which essentially was the beginning of the pharmaceutical industry, the isolation of morphine... Not benzodiazepines, I know, but just my $0.02 and then some ;)

What stimulant did you find to be better than Dexedrine? I have ADHD (inattentive type) but I also have pretty severe GAD and panic disorder, so treating the former gets pretty difficult... I can't really handle peripheral side effects at all. It's WHY I'm taking Dexedrine as opposed to any other pharmaceutical stimulant, but even though it's better than l-amphetamine, methylphenidate, etc., it still isn't totally perfect in that regard. Having something even less anxiogenic would be great; as it is, I'm around 250lbs but I can't even tolerate more than 7.5mg of Dexedrine IR, a dose which is too small to be very helpful for my ADHD.

i only need 2mg of xanax these days to feel a little something but if i'm having a harsh panic attack it's more like 4mg and i can't handle the taste soma is actually more bearable to me and it takes 45min for me to fully feel it but it starts to take effect in 30min but i gag if i try it SL so i'll just stick to orally and tough it out until it takes effect

I really hate to say it like this, I really do--but man the fuck up already, why don't you. You think the taste of xanax is bitter? Join the club. Everyone thinks the same when they first start taking it. But as several people above have said, and everyone I've talked to has said...it's just a matter of it being an acquired taste.
I hated the taste when I first began taking it--and I have severe enough PTSD SAD GAD and Agoraphobia that I might as well have a permanent xanax body-suit grafted to my skin just to be able to function on a basic level. But before 3 wks passed, I was chewing them like candy and relishing the taste. It's all about associations. As soon as you begin to think in realistic terms--as in, it's this shit that enables you to stand in the flowing current of reality without being bowled over by it into the fetal position...you've made friends with it. It's not "the bad guy" after all. Its relief...sweet surcease. So for god's sake, you've got enough problems that you need the xanax, and now you've finally got it (which is a lot more than many people who need it can say these days, when the DEA is raiding doctor's offices because they've shown a record of prescribing xanax--to the point that many docs are gun-shy about prescribing it under any circumstances... and refuse to point-blank, no matter how obviously indicated it is by your symptoms0...AND YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT THE BITTER TASTE? CHEW THOSE FUCKERS UP AND SMILE, TAKE YOUR TONGUE AND SMEAR THEM ALL AROUND THE INSIDES OF YOUR MOUTH, AND REVEL IN GRATITUDE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. That's what I do. And I thank all that is so rarely holy in big pharma that I've got this one "out" that makes life tolerable. And youre considering sticking it up your ass? My God. I hardly even know how to respond to that.
Look, this isn't me trying to be an asshole or make you feel bad. It really isn't. But you've got serious enough problems to need the xanax, yet the big deal to you is that it's "bitter"? Really?. Don't you think it's time for a little perspective here?
It's like they used to say about scotch--sit down and drink a bottle, and from that time on, you'll be a scotch drinker. Take a few of those bad boys and pop 'em, and just chew until there's nothing left but paste, lick it all up, and smack your lips...just once. And that's all it;ll take. You'll love the taste from that point forward.
Take it from me and just about every other xanny user around.
Not to mention the bottom line...which is you're not going to get any quicker a result than crushing/chewing xanax, and swirling it in your mouth until it's completely dissolved. If you REALLY are in that much of a crisis, I wouldn't think bitterness would take precedence.

^^What he said. Would you rather sit there in a panic attack,or bear with a lil bad taste?

i don't think you understand the taste makes me vomit so i can't let it dissolve in my mouth because i will vomit and it will come out i've been on xanax for 10 years and have not been able to do that

If you can't deal with the taste and you need relief, can you tell me how you're going to get it up your arse quicker than just swallowing it whole?

The only option I can think of is to crush it and parachute it, you know wrap it in a cigarette paper or something, then bomb it. You're not really making much sense to me though.