• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

the library has cheap tickets you can check out. I am in love with the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum

That museum is amazing! They had an exhibit where they used projectors to correct a bunch of Rothko paintings that had been bleached from sun exposure. Towards the end of the day, they would turn off the projectors and you would see the paintings in their faded glory.

Here's some flowers by Mapplethorpe.

r41am8yando61.jpg

"Delicate Balance" by Olivier Ha, Watercolor, 2021

I've been thinking about balance in my life and how to better achieve it a bit today. I really like the concept here, the koi and the little nod towards Atlas too.

r41am8yando61.jpg

"Delicate Balance" by Olivier Ha, Watercolor, 2021

I've been thinking about balance in my life and how to better achieve it a bit today. I really like the concept here, the koi and the little nod towards Atlas too.
I like your interpretation much more than mine.
It made me think about allegory of the cave, because she cannot see the sun and is bound to that position. In order to see the sun, she would have to break her 'chains' and destroy the balance.
Very beautiful painting, nonetheless.

Whoa man feeling this cybin tonight more sedating might go for a night ride to psy in the fresh crisp hair ya buddy it will make me peak dude fight ya gotta grab an ounce of kratom to help me endure this job at a garden center wtf
092034653c0c904baad3653324aa141a.jpg

x74qs6wikmv61.jpg

"Color Slice" by JamesMakesFilms, Digital, 2021

I've been feeling really disjointed and kind of unsure of myself lately and have been trying to find solace in nature. It seems to be the only real reprieve I have from the torment of lockdown after lockdown. I've been kind of mentally...checked out? This piece made me think of trying to put these puzzle pieces in my life together.

I hope this isn't a necro-ing of this thread but I love seeing a little glimpse into people through the art they respond to.

I've been struggling with the perceived futility of effort. Wayne White has made amazing art for most of his life and if you haven't seen the documentary about him, i highly recommend.

In Memoriam of Captain Heroin
My dear friend

nvm I'm gonna revisit this post and draw something for him

vBYXeWs.jpg

"Confusion" from the "Still Human?" series by Eyes of Lamia, Digital, 2021

I really like the abstract, cerebral nature of this work. It really captures how there can be an entire world in someone's head with a million things happening at once. My thoughts/emotions feel scattered today and this piece resonated with me.

vBYXeWs.jpg

"Confusion" from the "Still Human?" series by Eyes of Lamia, Digital, 2021

I really like the abstract, cerebral nature of this work. It really captures how there can be an entire world in someone's head with a million things happening at once. My thoughts/emotions feel scattered today and this piece resonated with me.
my goodness it's incredibly beautiful... well done :eek:

I've seen a lot of Alex Grey/Tool tattoos and this may be the best one I've ever seen, definitely the cleanest and most unique

I would get this in a heartbeat if I had a few grand to waste.

I always had mixed feelings about people who keep birds. There's just something about seeing a bird inside a tiny cage that never sat right with me. This piece immediately stuck out to me.

Reminds me of how they train elephants. As a baby they keep their leg tied to a pole. They learn to associate a rope on their leg with not being able to move. Eventually when they get older trainers can put a rope on their leg not tied to anything and the elephant won't move.

Not all chains that bind you are real. Some are in your head. Always question everything.

7ajedcxpwu171.jpg

"Full of Hope" by Abstractartfan, digital, 2021

I just really like the aesthetic and I've been feeling more optimistic lately. The simplicity of the lines and the complexity of the colors does something for me.