Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pregabalin (225mg) - First Time - “The Universe Is Absurd”

lipsandlimbs

Greenlighter
So, I’ve been taking benzos for maybe 8 years now, not super regularly but I’d definitely call myself a seasoned benzo user. I had to switch to a different psych after my last one left on short notice, and she immediately revoked my script without any justification. Lucky me, I was recently in Mexico for a week and picked up two boxes of pregabalin at a chain pharmacy there. Tried it for the first time last night (plus a good amount of medical cannabis) and recorded my reaction to it. Here is…..that.

Pregabalin reaction:

•8:34 PM: 150mg + full glass of water
•8:48 PM: obviously nothing yet but fuck it, + 75mg + 3 pen hits
•9:15 PM: ate pad thai & spring rolls, + 2 pen hits
•9:37: PM: maybeee starting to feel some sleepiness/heaviness & drunk-vision? Restless/eyes are darting & focusing like a high dose of Adderall, feeling content & amused for no reason & grateful
•9:43 PM: some heaviness in the eyelids, movements feel a bit slow, i’m farther away like i’m watching the movie of what’s happening around me, a little trouble typing but that is also normal, the headband thing that happens with some strains of weed is happening
•9:59 PM: thoughts getting scattered/cyclical/repetitive but they’re pleasant, limbs feel like they’re being slowly stretched out & reaching for the earth, feeling chill & spacey, more intense drunk-vision
•10:02 PM: + 3 pen hits
•10:08 PM: stood up & shifted positions on the couch - felt very unstable in my body/a touch dizzy, the best way i can describe how i feel is if i took like three trazodone and a klonopin and then did four shots without feeling sick, also i’m happy? this is weird
•10:20 PM: loopy as hell/uncoordinated/my body parts are all autonomous, communication is hard now/all i keep saying aloud is “i feel weird” but my brain is swimming in interesting th oh guys thoughts
•10:33 PM: moving from vertical to horizontal is like shifting between dimensions, things feel really really good against my skin, h kissed me and i felt like i was rushing through a tunnel, vaguely nauseous and consistent almost-dizzy, laying in bed feels good & warm & safe, super sleepy, dissociative but in a funny not scary way, feel the holiness of my body & my breath is like bits of my soul moving in & out, nervous to go to sleep but can’t keep my eyes open, typing like i’ve never seen a keyboard in my life .
•10:42 PM: the universe is absurd
•10:50 PM: walking is like gliding, i think i am moving very slowly but i’m not positive/will ask h tomorrow [update in the AM: yes, she says i was moving like a high sloth]
•10:54 PM: minutes are going on for hours, how has it only been an hour of this, what the fuck is this
•11:00 PM: slightly nauseous gsh now,, everything else the same, go in f to bed meow now
———
•9:35 AM: passed the fuck out last night, just woke up and still feeling physically heavy/vision is still a bit loopy, everything else seems back to normal? like cognition/thoughts are fine again. lesson learned - do not take this if you have ANYTHING at all you have to get done/definitely don’t go in public or drive.
•10:43 AM: starting to feel shaky like i haven’t eaten, but i just had a huge turkey sandwich so wtf
•12:17 PM: oh hello, vertigo, been a while

Last edited:
Yeah, pregabalin makes laying down feel strangely good, it reminded me of MDMA minus the desire to start stretching. But it seemed to require 1 gram + sized doses.

But becareful, i got hooked, switched to gabapentin to get off, stopped that, and after quiting the gabapentin I could barely sleep at all (no exaggeration) for months. So i broke down and got some phenibut. Been on that ever since (six years now).

Avoid my mistake

Yeah, pregabalin makes laying down feel strangely good, it reminded me of MDMA minus the desire to start stretching. But it seemed to require 1 gram + sized doses.

But becareful, i got hooked, switched to gabapentin to get off, stopped that, and after quiting the gabapentin I could barely sleep at all (no exaggeration) for months. So i broke down and got some phenibut. Been on that ever since (six years now).

Avoid my mistake
I actually wasn’t a huge fan. I’ve felt terrible all day today and was incapable of doing anything at all last night.

It's really good with some booze and weed. Once had me colliding frontally with a lamp post.

It never made me feel like the universe is absurd, but it did make me feel like a brain injured cave man. This was a few hours before blacking out then regaining consciousness and subsequently entering the above mentioned lamp post in ignorant determination. That was on like 1 gram which is too much without tolerance. 200-600mg is good.

I prefer alcohol for its familiar charms and availability. Really glad to have tried pregabalin though. It's a kind of bliss really. Deepest and most elating GABAergic i tried except for muscimol.

Last edited:
Man I love pregabalin. My first time taking it (at 300mg) was one of the most euphoric drug experiences I've ever had, it reminded me of something like MDMA crossed with GHB and something rather trippy. It was so fantastic. I have never gotten THAT euphoric again even at 600-750mg, though I consistently find it very enjoyable and more euphoric than most drugs, provided I have not taken it recently. Tolerance builds VERY fast, even having taken it once, a week before, will make it significantly less powerful.

Yes, pregabalin much more than gabapentin but both can get sort of trippy. Pregabalin gives me a strange visual effect, especially with eyes closed, I see very rapidly firing colors and shapes which start to resolve into a sort of visionary state that is pretty realistic. It's not like a psychedelic though where there is any meaning to it, it's just a sensory display. Pregabalin can also produce some open eyed stuff that is similar but much less intense

Man I love pregabalin. My first time taking it (at 300mg) was one of the most euphoric drug experiences I've ever had, it reminded me of something like MDMA crossed with GHB and something rather trippy. It was so fantastic. I have never gotten THAT euphoric again even at 600-750mg, though I consistently find it very enjoyable and more euphoric than most drugs, provided I have not taken it recently. Tolerance builds VERY fast, even having taken it once, a week before, will make it significantly less powerful.
Can they potentiate Subutex?

Wow again. I had 75mg of pregabalin the first time and had trouble breathing but I liked it. Much better than gabapentin for which I have absolutely no use. Atagabalin seems to be even stronger, I believe I had 4mg once, it is usually dosed between 5-200mg.

I haven't ever heard of atagabalin, interesting. Gonna look it up

Can they potentiate Subutex?
Pregabalin is an EXCELLENT multi-purpose drug, and I am quite fortune to be prescribed 225mgs daily (75mgs x3 daily with 5mgs Oxycodone x4 daily for pain). It’s honestly responsible for cutting my MEDs significantly! Prior to this back in 2018, I was on Nucynta, and at 225mgs daily, that’s about 75 MEDs, so down to 30 MEDs. It’s a little less than I need honestly (45 MEDs would be perfect), but using Full Spectrum CBD oil with 50mgs of CBD and 2mgs of THC helps to fill the gap! It’s kept life manageable for the last 4 years, though FS extract was added just a few months ago as the low-dose oxy and mid-dose Pregabalin indeed help, but partial tolerance has finally caught up.

In reference to your experience, when I first started taking Pregabalin, I didn’t realize it’s full effects last about 6 hours and doesn’t fully wear off until about the 8 hour mark, lol. I had taken 75mgs just about 3 hours before, and took a second one (150 total), as I was having to a bad pain day and thought it had worn off. About an hour later, I experienced some mild but notable perception distortions lol. Basically level 1 closed eye effects, nothing crazy, but enough to know it has those effects at higher doses. I ended up nodding into mild closed eye visuals. Honestly, Nucynta for me at 150mgs gave moderate intensity close eye visuals, consisting of 3D-like line animations, often in primary colors like red, blue, and green lol. 😂

Nowadays, 150mgs of Pregabalin will not cause any borderline perception effects because of tolerance. However, since I only usually take 75mgs, the 150mg dose will still cause a heavy relaxing feel that’s honestly nice when it hits…..the main drawback is that I feel really tired about 3 hours later lol 🫠

What can I say???? I’m a lightweight!! The exception to the lightweight rule is Dex-Amphetamines (Adderall, Vyvanse) as these I can take a high-moderate dose and it just makes me more functional LOL. 40mgs of Vyvanse with 10mgs of Adderall (prescribed)?? No problem! 5mgs of THC (Delta-9) with CBD in tincture/edible form will rock my world though! Nothing bad, just strong sedation. Honestly 1.5-2.5mgs (usually 2mgs) is much more tolerable, but still gives me a body buzz! ☺️

I do wonder if the 75mg Pregabalin dose is boosting the 2mg THC dosing, making it more akin to what someone else experiences in the 3-5mg range (and I’m not sure what effect the oxy 5mg or Vy 40mg has on it, lol) 🧐

I really love pregabalin, but it doesn't seem to agree with everyone. For me, it is extraordinarily euphoric, reminiscent of MDMA and GHB, but unique. Almost trippy, in that there are visual changes, some slight open eye stuff and a wild closed eye visual display that turns into waking dreams. Everything feels utterly comfortable and great, it honestly feels amazing. However, the positive effects build tolerance faster than anything else I can think of. I have to keep it to every once in a while, which is fine because I rarely come across it. 300mg is where it starts to get good, but m favorite dose is 600mg. Above 600mg, I start to get weird body jolts that feel almost seizure-like, which sketches me out. Although at that dose I still feel amazing, I also become extremely uncoordinated and intoxicated. At 300mg there is minimal intoxication or visuals, it's just a glorious period of feeling great and at ease. At 450-600mg, I become pretty intoxicated and I get the visual effects I mentioned.

It's honestly one of my very favorite recreational drugs.

i think it only makes you phat, nothing special or extraordinary in this high. but its nice nonetheless.

There seems to be a large variation in how people react to pregabalin, and gabapentinoids in general. Perhaps moreso than other drug classes.

I love it personally, I'm on 1500mg now. It's always a guaranteed good day with a light, happy and funny mood. It also helps a lot with opiate withdrawal, not as much as pregabalin, though.