• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Prof David Nutt is an idiot :D (kava, amanita, kratom, oc, weed, kanna)

sometimes, the isolated active principles are less potent or even almost not usable (see pure THC) when used on its own without the composition of compounds the plant offers.

Pure THC is very strong indeed, but the character of cannabis is from the entourage effect of so many cannabinoids, for sure. Incidentally, pure delta-8 THC when taken orally is preferable by far (for me) to smoked or oral cannabis. It's a good bit less potent, but orally at 50-75mg and it's amazing.

It's a good bit less potent, but orally at 50-75mg and it's amazing.

ok, good to know. also hhc is no problem to be taken in its pure form. but its a silly drug as i already said. very strange headspace that it produces. recently the propyl and heptyl analogs of d9-thc have shown up and are available...

I last saw 'honey oil' in 1985. Someone brought a 35mm film cannister full of it. Using a match, a line of it was drawn down the length of the joint and smoked.

Just very strong weed.

It needs something fatty in your stomach to be absorbed faster which is why people make cakes and cookies and what have you if you wish to eat it.

Most people don't seem to know that the euphoria of a drug is not static. It's the increasing receptor occupancy that does that which is why phenobarbitone isn't fun but secobarbital (Seconal) is, for example.

Things like MDMA & oxycodone are special because their metabolites (MDA & oxymorphone) are MORE active so the euphoria is much longer lived.

BTW new Nutt article:

So I E-mailed him earlier and pointed out that 7-methyl psilocybin is not controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Yes, it would fall under the 'Novel Psychoactive Compounds' law, but he could so easily get a licence for it as an experimental medicine (he does this all the time, so he can do it).

Of course, it's QUITE tricky to make. I've only got 1 facile route at the moment (well, the first 2 steps are the same). But when he gets the nitroalkane, he can either use an Iron + HCl reduction to make aldehyde and that is easily reductively aminated. Or he can reduce to amine and N-methylate with DMS, CH3I, DMP, DMZ or any of those methylating agents. Finally, O-demethylayion with BBr3 or other strong Lewis Acid.

So not simple - but Imperial Collage has some VERY clever & keen post-graduates. Or else he will have to get me to get my guys to do it.... who are excellent. It's just that their nation is being invaded ATM.