• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Psychotic symptoms from pregabalin

One of my good friends is majorly schizo and he makes big $ as a lead software developer. Lived a pretty normal life was even married with kids at one point.

Not sure but I think psychedelic drug use let me handle my psychosis more, so I was able to internalize it without freaking out too much (but psychedelic drugs also caused it... lol). Honestly it was a lot like taking mushrooms except it lasted over a year instead of 6 hours. Schizo is basically just psychosis with some specifically defined features and lasting more than 6 months.

anyways, yeah

it's the people who started to lose their barrier between the hallucinations, reality and delusions, the ones who outwardly start to act upon them like you describe your ex, that's significant schizo

I am lucky in that I never progressed that much, and also made a major recovery..... except for that annoying fucking music dialogue
Yeah I some times worry that he could hurt me or even kill me one day if he's pissed and delusional enough.

He lies all the time and has no self awareness. He'll bitch at me for very hypocritical or stupid things, then if I say something to him (politely) of something similar, he'll act like I'm making a big deal out of it and it's like he HAS to be the exact opposite of me in thought, in action, in belief, everything. Always disagreeing. Always arguing. We've known each other this long and he still accuses me of "hiding his stuff" to "play games with him", even though anyone else who had lived with me or known me this long would know that I'm not even the type of person who would do something like that to some one. Most of the time it's because he just misplaces shit and then needs some one else to blame for it. I think he's also a bit of a narcissist. So it's like he doesn't even truly know me at all & im just the delusions he has in his head of me.

I've known him 7 years and he's always been this way, although not as bad as he is now. He claims it all started after he got into meth, but not really sure.
I think i'll need to find a way to part ways one day before something bad does happen, especially since he doesn't like to admit that anything is wrong with him.
He can go from 0-10 in seconds & Im usually just a quiet type that doesn't like confrontation. So I guess we just can't work.

Some times I can't comprehend or understand what the hell he's talking about too.

Or he'll expect me to understand his situations through his delusions. For example he told me the neighbors woke him up by pounding and sending a shadow through his body one night. I said "well you know that people can't actually send shadows through your body like that" and he got really pissed, like i'm suppose to just agree that that's normal & if I don't, then it must be that I just "don't get it".

He can be a straight up asshole too for no reason.

I dunno, does this sound like typical schizo or does he have more than that going on?

I've met other people with similar issues, but they were still really pleasant and nice people.

Last edited:
Anybody else gets a reoccurence of psychotic symptoms (hearing whispers, "loud" thoughts as its called) when taking pregabalin, at least dosages of 450+mg at once but it was also present with 2x 300/d. I believed this to be lingering symptoms and was scared of pregab withdrawal because of what I never tried it out but now realized that I could substitute pregabalin with kratom and ever since a few days into all the lingering stuff disappeared. I challenged it with a pregab dose and yes, it came back for the duration. Only other substance which I dont tolerate anymore is DXM.
I’m prescribed 75mgs x3 daily (as it greatly reduces the amount of opioid I need to control chronic pain, so it’s a Godsend)! At normal 75mg doses, I have no *trippy* effects, and mild sedation at best. However, if I take 150mgs, I do get mild closed eye visuals and start to go into my mind a bit more. Obviously no open eye visuals, hearing voices, color enhancing, or any *real* trippy effects, but aside from a rather strong sedating and unbalancing effect, I can feel the dose is close to approaching the threshold effect for pseudo-psychedelia, and would imagine 225mg would produce those effects (even if mildly) in a more sensitive person like me, lol.