• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Quietapine 50 mg for post opioid and coke withdrawal. overkill?should I take the thing and if so how much?

skipjames

Bluelighter
Hellos,
Basically I am idiot hence I have relapsed on oxys (60-80 mgs per day,for 1o days) two months ago I was doing 200 mgs per day just to feel...human So it still something, I guess.
I did some coke "to help me with the depression"during my oxy free days and as you can imagine I was a complete mess! So I ve said enough is enough and I am back on the kratom and loperadine, they have helped with physical withdrawal (that were moderate but still pretty rough ) but he main issues I have is the impossibility to sleep without pills (either zolpidem or xans), and the random crippling anxiety attacks I m having during the day . I have two 2mgs xanas left but I do not wanna take the benxo route, still anxiety is kicking hard, making it also impossible to get any work done.
I have a meeting with a psychiatrist next Monday but in the meanwhile i can get some 50 mgs quetiapine pills . Should I take them? Maybe half? Will it turn me into a sleeping zombie or it will help me going thru my daily businesses without collapsing?
Any help would be truly appreciated
Cheers

50mg is too much in my opinion, and I'd only use them for sleep. They won't help you much if you take them during the day (if anything they'll make you feel worse).

But as a sleep aid they work great. The trick is to take them sublingually, which drastically reduces any next day effects/hangover by speeding it up through the system, and also makes it work far more quickly.

Personally I only take it sublingually, and only close to bed. It can be effective as a sleep aid at sublingual doses as low as 15mg, but 25mg sublingually should secure sleep for just about anyone. I rarely exceed 25mg sublingually, unless I'm trying to sleep after taking a significant amount of stimulants, or something like LSD, etc.

It is the only antipsychotic I'd ever willingly put in my system, and only at low doses. It doesn't behave much like an antipsychotic at low doses, but mainly as an antihistamine, with probably some weak antagonistic effects on 5HT and DA

Doctors actually give you this stuff for daytime anxiety these days.
Some year ago they prescribed quetiapine g to my gf because she had some insomnia, it was overkill, she was sleeping like 16 hours per day and when she was not sleeping was like a zombie, not even in my darkest days of smack I ve been fucked up like that...,
But Benzo scares the shit out of me, to have an alternative would be great Still, antipsychotics do not sound that better, not to mention zolpidem...maybe short term benzos will do , long term dunno???therapy?

Last edited:
50mg is too much in my opinion, and I'd only use them for sleep. They won't help you much if you take them during the day (if anything they'll make you feel worse).

But as a sleep aid they work great. The trick is to take them sublingually, which drastically reduces any next day effects/hangover by speeding it up through the system, and also makes it work far more quickly.

Personally I only take it sublingually, and only close to bed. It can be effective as a sleep aid at sublingual doses as low as 15mg, but 25mg sublingually should secure sleep for just about anyone. I rarely exceed 25mg sublingually, unless I'm trying to sleep after taking a significant amount of stimulants, or something like LSD, etc.

It is the only antipsychotic I'd ever willingly put in my system, and only at low doses. It doesn't behave much like an antipsychotic at low doses, but mainly as an antihistamine, with probably some weak antagonistic effects on 5HT and DA
what if I cut the pill in half for he night , maybe a 1-4 of the pill if needed?

what if I cut the pill in half for he night , maybe a 1-4 of the pill if needed?

benzos are the best thing for opioid withdrawal. well maybe not the best thing, but among the best. though I understand wanting to save whatever you have left.

Yeah that works (in fact that's what I do).

25mg held under the tongue will make you quite sleepy within 30 minutes after it dissolves (less works too but more subtly). Best if the pill chunk is crushed up a bit before placing under the tongue. I don't think it tastes bad, it sort of numbs the mouth eventually.