• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Methadone (that bastard)

Sounds like you also have been sleeping some; which some people claim they stay up for a month strait from the W/D. Sleep is certainly your friend
Restless legs can't hurt you when you are unconscious!

You are waging a hero battle FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Nothing left back there but all the hell you have already pushed out of

However isnt Codeine just as much addictive as Kratom? Just wondering; I know you wish to be clean; so using the least amount of opiates is the goal
Some people take Immodium; which is a long acting opiate that doesn't get you high. But it does harm your heart in high doses.
Yes Codeine can be addictive if taken for a long time but the good thing for me is: I have experience with withdrawing from Heroin with Codeine+Tramal+Clobazam before. The Codeine can be very easily tapered down and the wd last just 4 days like Heroin because it's an Opiate (naturally derived from opium) rather than Opioids (synthethic lab made). The wd is so mild by day 5 i was off it for good. Clobazam doesn't develop tolerance. After i got thru the worst of MTD wd i also plan to quit Diazepam and Xanax.

I only need to wait the MTD is fully cleared out of my system then i can taper the Codeine and Benzo.

Afterward my plan is to stay on antidepressant either escitalopram or zoloft for a year while tapering also after 6 months. Just to counter the effect of after effect post withdrawal depression. I tried that before with zoloft, tapering and no wd.

Kratom however i am wary because i never have any experience with it. I never abused Kratom so i don't know how long or how severe the wd will be.

You are waging a hero battle FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Nothing left back there but all the hell you have already pushed out of
Im.with neversickanymore... fight rhe battle and yes you are hero for doing it... you can do it.. the pain oh yes the pain... i think the pain is good to go thru.. sure it friggen hurts like hell.. but its a reminder that only you have the power to stop it.. and you will if you want... its actually a war your fighting against the opiates and you can win just keep fighting keep pushing it will.only get better over time..and when your free you will feel more accomplished than anything else... you will feel the real power of life... honestly thats the truth... and again course its fucking hell. We users and abusers know all to well what it feels like.. i myself been there done that 100xs over lol... it never was fun... put an end to it.. get your life back... trust you will "NEVER" feel better than being clean and being able to be comfee in yer own skin and sleep like a friggen baby again!!! You will cry from happiness that is a fact... you literally go thru a metamorphosis from a kicking catapiller to a beautiful butterfly flying free baby, flying free!!!!! I hope you can do it... boy i do... i want you to feel that amazing "self" again... prayers for you prayers for you... be safe always friend 🙏🙏🙏

I never tried the pill version before. How long does it last for you before u feel wd?

The German MTD really last 48 hours that even if i forgot to take my dose next day i felt nothing. No wd at all.

They give in PURE liquid form that is very little in ml in comparison with other countries. For example: The German MTD 6ml is equivalent to 60-80ml of the syrupy shitty MTD.

The German one can be tapered to 0.1ml with no wd can u believe it. But once u get to zero the wd still starts. Maybe coz i tapered fast when i got to 1ml, 0.1ml/ day in a week. But if taper slow i think it wouldnt be a problem.

Foreigners can come to any MTD clinic in Germany, especially Berlin/ Frankfurt (the big cities), and ask doc to give u a big bottle of MTD. I paid just 50Eur for it at the time. Dunno now. I forgot how much ml was in it but i remember it lasted me about 3 months. The doc would also write u an official letter to go through airport.
It is dose dependent for me, above say 45 mgs it covers you well over 24h but at 30mgs you are beggining to need it at 20 hours

Day 11

OMG YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST WD AFTER 10 DAYS.

Woke up 3pm took Codeine 50mg, i could feel the opiate.
6:45 took again 50mg. Don't feel anything.
8:45 clobazam 5mg for restless legs. Didn't really help.
9 am paracetamol
10 am took 2.5mg diazepam
Calms me down, i went to shower but here comes the WEIRD PROBLEM:

My skin felt super cold, especially my legs felt so sore they felt like about to fall off my body. It's fuckin summer here yet i was so cold. My temp was normal tho, which is weird.

I assumed it was side effect of Diazepam because on day 8 i felt the same coldness after i took low dose of Diazepam by cutting 5mg in half. Maybe it's not supposed to be cut. Or maybe that was MTD wd in it's splendor.

But i also assume these meds i am taking slow my heart rate so there wasnt enough blood circulation to my legs.

I also read an article of this woman who became anemic from taking Codeine long term. Today i should try iron supplement.

My legs sore was SO BAD i tried everything i could think of:
Magnesium + B complex helped just 20%
Ginger helped warms me a little but make my leg pain worse
5mg Diazepam did nothing to relax my legs
By 4pm i even tried 100mg allopurinol for Gout
No help
At 5:20pm i took my next dose of Codeine.
6pm omega 369 supplement from fish oil
Only then i started feeling better.

My brain apparently is still in MTD timeline. During MTD use i always drank around 5am then plasma level peaked and dropped by 6pm.

So when i take codeine anywhere between 5am to 6pm i felt nothing until after 6pm. My opiate receptor seems to work only during the usual plasma level of MTD dropped.

The wd is also most intense in morning when i wake up, rising and then just suddenly drop by 6pm.

So after 6pm my 5:20pm Codeine worked and made me sleepy.

I tried not to sleep and took vitD3 around 8pm.

At 9pm i couldn't take it anymore i was really sleepy i took my night dose 50mg Codeine and 1 tablespoon of Benadryl and went to bed.

Day 12 (today) woke up at 3:45 but drowsy until now 4:30. Gonna wait a bit before i take my morning dose.

IF ANYONE HAS A RECIPE FOR THESE EXTREME SORE LEGS PLEASE I BEG U SHARE WITH ME. IT WAS UNBEARABLE.
Yes, at 10 or so days methadone wds get real bad .
Try and get that Lyrica, Herbs. It will help with your restlessness.
It is not a full blown relief like if you had an opi, bit it is a game changer

Day 13

Forget what i said yesterday about my opiate receptor not working. For some strange reason it starts to work!

In the morning i took my 50mg Codeine as usual. Wait 45mins and took again 50mg. Usually i felt nothing but to my surprise yesterday i was kinda high on Codeine.

Wasn't a good high tho. Doesn't last long, and felt like high but sleepy but not really high. And then gave me a headache. The headache lasted whole day and moved around from top right, top left, left temple, front right. I thought to myself what kind of headache is this 😂 it cant even make up its mind 😂

At 7am i took extended release Vit C just so i can wake up and not be so sleepy. Kinda work.

12 noon another 50mg Codeine

1pm 1 magnesium, took a nap

Woke up at 6pm wow. Took 50mg Codeine

7:30pm took omega 369

9pm VitD3, Magnesium

10pm Codeine 50mg

11pm Benadryl 2 spoon and went to bed.

Yesterday i was just lethargic, my anxiety was very minimum. I didn't drink coffee yesterday. That helps curbed my anxiety and my restless leg syndrome was just 30%. I didn't have to take benzo at all.

Today i have to be careful with the Codeine coz my opiate receptor seems to be working whole day yesterday!

Tomorrow is my next doc appointment, i will discuss with him to reduce my Codeine.

Last edited:
This very good guy adviced me to get oximeter and tensimeter but i don't know...i am on day 14 now, i think it's kinda a bit late for that...other than the tensimeter, i think the oximeter is kinda useless since i'm all alone. if my oxigen level/ pulse drops when i sleep it's not like my cat or my blind dog can read it and call 911 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
This very good guy adviced me to get oximeter and tensimeter but i don't know...i am on day 13 now, i think it's kinda a bit late for that...other than the tensimeter, i think the oximeter is kinda useless since i'm all alone. if my oxigen level/ pulse drops when i sleep it's not like my cat or my blind dog can read it and call 911 😂😂😂😂😂
Woah day 13!!!! Fly like an eagle baby!!!!!!
😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

Day 12

Forget what i said yesterday about my opiate receptor not working. For some strange reason it starts to work!

In the morning i took my 50mg Codeine as usual. Wait 45mins and took again 50mg. Usually i felt nothing but to my surprise yesterday i was kinda high on Codeine.

Wasn't a good high tho. Doesn't last long, and felt like high but sleepy but not really high. And then gave me a headache. The headache lasted whole day and moved around from top right, top left, left temple, front right. I thought to myself what kind of headache is this 😂 it cant even make up its mind 😂

At 7am i took extended release Vit C just so i can wake up and not be so sleepy. Kinda work.

12 noon another 50mg Codeine

1pm 1 magnesium, took a nap

Woke up at 6pm wow. Took 50mg Codeine

7:30pm took omega 369

9pm VitD3, Magnesium

10pm Codeine 50mg

11pm Benadryl 2 spoon and went to bed.

Yesterday i was just lethargic, my anxiety was very minimum. I didn't drink coffee yesterday. That helps curbed my anxiety and my restless leg syndrome was just 30%. I didn't have to take benzo at all.

Today i have to be careful with the Codeine coz my opiate receptor seems to be working whole day yesterday!

Tomorrow is my next doc appointment, i will discuss with him to reduce my Codeine.
Good idea on the coffee i quit it all together when i kicked... had to, my anxiety was like "bursts " and so intense, im sure you know that feeling. But it helped, i drank camomile tea every day for like 60 days in a row and still do a cup every morning to calm me. Might be good to try if you like tea. Hope you night day is well and better than the last 💗💗💗

Lol i think i got my days all wrong. Apparently yesterday i was on day 14. Today is day 15.

Day 14
My period started. 4 days early. Fuck.

This is gonna fuck me up a lot.

5:40 50mg Codeine

7 am Probiotics

7:40: iron, vit b, vit c

I have splitting headache non stop after i take the Codeine that only seem to stop if i lay down and sleep. But i can't sleep all day!

9 am paracetamol

11 am 50mg Codeine

Omg the Codeine even at just 50mg i cannot seem to open my eyes! I think the Benadryl contributes to it too. It lengthen the need to take opiate when i wake up in morning by 1 hour due to drowsiness.

12:40 1 magnesium

13:30 GABA

Gaba supplement curbed the headache. But sadly i can't take that 4x a day because instruction on bottle say once a day only.

Took nap. Woke up at 3:30pm

I keep on having the weirdest dreams ever since yesterday.

5:10pm 50mg Codeine

By 9 i was so sleepy and the more i refuse sleep the more sore my muscles due to tension.

9:05 Vit d3

9:35pm i coulnt stay awake no more i took my night 50mg Codeine and went to bed

Today day 15
I woke up early at 3:45am with general.muscle aches and tension on both arms and legs. No idea if i am still in wd or coz of period.

I really want to reduce my Codeine coz of the splitting headache and inability to wake up. But last night i didn't take Benadryl on purpose coz i wanna know if that contributes to the headache.

Later i'm going to see doc and ask for pregabalin and vistaril. Anyone ever tried vistaril?

I was also prescribed depakote before for mood disorder and it was quite good. It work by increasing GABA but has no pain reduction properties.

Last edited:
Good idea on the coffee i quit it all together when i kicked... had to, my anxiety was like "bursts " and so intense, im sure you know that feeling. But it helped, i drank camomile tea every day for like 60 days in a row and still do a cup every morning to calm me. Might be good to try if you like tea. Hope you night day is well and better than the last 💗💗💗
I like tea. But chamomile is a very strong diuretics for me. Even just half a cup will make me pee all day long lol. For now i avoid tea because it can reduce opiate. Maybe when i am off codeine i will return to it.

And yes that burst feeling is like so weird. Just all of a sudden like electrocuted or something

I like tea. But chamomile is a very strong diuretics for me. Even just half a cup will make me pee all day long lol. For now i avoid tea because it can reduce opiate. Maybe when i am off codeine i will return to it.

And yes that burst feeling is like so weird. Just all of a sudden like electrocuted or something
Your right it will.make ya pee like a race horse 🤣 but i just thinknof it as cleaning the pipes flushing the system so its clean... it calms.me down to some extent as well.. and yea the bursts you are like 100000000% right its like "electricity" i have no other way to explain it and have always said that too!!! Its just friggen nuts all lf a sudden your still sitting or standing or laying and "whack" it hits tpu like a friggen bolt.. its so intense. I know it sounds whacky but my arms would actually fial in the air.. and at times i woukd be punching my arms (i know that does sound psychotic, but this was whenni was kicking heavy) i did it so much i had brusies over my entire arms.. but for some odd crazy reason it would calm me perhaps from the pain of my punches to my forarms... but again if i wasn't doing that my dam bones actually felt like they were "bending" like rubber.. oh my what an intense intense feeling.. more intense then even being shot by bullets!!! Thats nothing compared to a real kick lolol.. true tho been there done that! I know your pain i know it oh so well...

Your right it will.make ya pee like a race horse 🤣 but i just thinknof it as cleaning the pipes flushing the system so its clean... it calms.me down to some extent as well.. and yea the bursts you are like 100000000% right its like "electricity" i have no other way to explain it and have always said that too!!! Its just friggen nuts all lf a sudden your still sitting or standing or laying and "whack" it hits tpu like a friggen bolt.. its so intense. I know it sounds whacky but my arms would actually fial in the air.. and at times i woukd be punching my arms (i know that does sound psychotic, but this was whenni was kicking heavy) i did it so much i had brusies over my entire arms.. but for some odd crazy reason it would calm me perhaps from the pain of my punches to my forarms... but again if i wasn't doing that my dam bones actually felt like they were "bending" like rubber.. oh my what an intense intense feeling.. more intense then even being shot by bullets!!! Thats nothing compared to a real kick lolol.. true tho been there done that! I know your pain i know it oh so well...
Wait until u try smoking clove. The electricity is waaaaay worse than coffee 😆😅
It's like every 10 seconds all over ur body and last for an hour.

Hello Herb.
I am reading your posts and keep following your ordeal.
And I Iremember you told me to not to taper until 0 mgs and jump at a low dose, and I think you are right, but somehow I see you keep taking and tapering your codeine.
I can't see, for the life of me, some 50 mgs of codeine here and there doing anything against a 13 years daily methadone wds, other than keep messing with your receptors and prolonging your misery.
I wouldn't keep it for much longer.

At the same time I have to tell you, again, that you must get pregabalin/ Lyrica. It will help you so much more than any other non opi med. You have at least to give yourself the chance of trying it. You just trust me on this one...

Sadly you are not at the end of it for now. If it get worse sleep or/and anxiety wise, I would look into a drug called Levomepromazine. Brand name Sinogan here. It is an antipsichotic and I remember it in 100 mgs ad 25 mgs. It is a powerful and very nasty drug, I would go for the 25 mgs and have a half for sleep. I repeat it is awfull, lot of dizziness and utter dry mouth/ cat tounge type of drug, but it works for sleep.
I even thing they have 6 or 7 mgs pills used as antiemetic.
There is also this other one called Sulpiride, again an antipsichotic but very subtle and gentle, it is also used for vertigo. It works for anxiety and mood fixation. Don't know where are you from but I think they don't have it in the USA (or UK? can't remember).

Wish you the best, girl.

Hello Herb.
I am reading your posts and keep following your ordeal.
And I Iremember you told me to not to taper until 0 mgs and jump at a low dose, and I think you are right, but somehow I see you keep taking and tapering your codeine.
I can't see, for the life of me, some 50 mgs of codeine here and there doing anything against a 13 years daily methadone wds, other than keep messing with your receptors and prolonging your misery.
I wouldn't keep it for much longer.

At the same time I have to tell you, again, that you must get pregabalin/ Lyrica. It will help you so much more than any other non opi med. You have at least to give yourself the chance of trying it. You just trust me on this one...

Sadly you are not at the end of it for now. If it get worse sleep or/and anxiety wise, I would look into a drug called Levomepromazine. Brand name Sinogan here. It is an antipsichotic and I remember it in 100 mgs ad 25 mgs. It is a powerful and very nasty drug, I would go for the 25 mgs and have a half for sleep. I repeat it is awfull, lot of dizziness and utter dry mouth/ cat tounge type of drug, but it works for sleep.
I even thing they have 6 or 7 mgs pills used as antiemetic.
There is also this other one called Sulpiride, again an antipsichotic but very subtle and gentle, it is also used for vertigo. It works for anxiety and mood fixation. Don't know where are you from but I think they don't have it in the USA (or UK? can't remember).

Wish you the best, girl.
I guess i'll just try the pregabalin first. For sleep Codeine + Benadryl/ Vistaril should work for me fine.

I was planning to taper 40mg per day of my Codeine and be done in 5 days but my period started. Yesterday 50mg works. Now it's barely covering my wd. It's hard for any meds to work when u have a blood leak down there.

Even when i was on MTD my MTD plasma lvl reduced when i have period. Remember i have a vagina instead of penis 😭

It's a shit.

This stupid period is gonna set me back about 5 days until i can taper again.

At 200mg Codeine is like just 4mg MTD. I was at 25mg MTD and now just the equivalent of 4mg MTD in 2 weeks. If i taper MTD from 25mg to 4mg that will he a VERY LONG SHITTY WITHDRAWAL.

If i am a man i can probably jump off this Codeine soon, sadly i'm not. Woman's hormone is SUPER SENSITIVE to stress. Even if u put two stranger women together in same bedroom their hormone/ period will change to match, having period on same day. This is the nature of human, so a man can impregnate both at same time.

By just traveling alone a woman's hormone fluctuation can also change and thus change her period timing. It's a shit.

Women are not made like men. That's the truth of it no matter what the feminist militant says. We are not.

And in case u guys wonder why so many women are "crazy" like having mood disorder, can be angry 5 minutes, cry 5 minutes, then laugh after next 5 minutes, this is why: the fuckin hormone

Wait until u try smoking clove. The electricity is waaaaay worse than coffee 😆😅
It's like every 10 seconds all over ur body and last for an hour.
Lol.. i remember doing clove but i didnt experience any anxieties.. but that was 30+ yeara ago i was superman then 🤣🤣🤣