• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe rapid jump off subs with kratom vs slow sub taper

pahn

Bluelighter
Ok i'll try to keep this as short as possible. I've made a few posts the past few days about related topics to my situation and i found myself at yet another crossroads. Long story short i've been off and on subs for a decade, but on more often than not. ive been steady on 8mg for years now. i decided to randomly stop to test the waters, and to see how long i could hold out on kratom, and i also had 5 tylenol 3s. i dosed kratom the 2nd and 3rd day and felt no relief. wd symptoms were still mild, until 3rd night which brought on horrendous back pain, cold sweats, mild rls, etc. i took the tylenol 3s and while it relieved the symptoms enough to let me sleep i felt no euphoria. today, day 4, i dosed around 12g kratom in the morning, felt a slight high and it relieved all my wd effects. it made me unbearably dizzy for an hr or so, but after it faded its been 12 hrs since i dosed the kratom and i still feel 0 wd effects. I honestly feel better than i do while on subs. i was planning on reinstating either tonight or tomor morn whenever the wd symptoms kick back in, but having had a full 12 hrs of 0 symptoms has been a real eye opener. im not really sure i want to jump back on the subs. im heavily considering just sticking this out and using kratom as a crutch. that being said i have a pretty intense job and especially over the next few days i have to cater my boss's wedding so i really dont have the liberty of being sick or unable to work lol which is why i was going to reinstate and be on the safe side. that being said im still torn. i know many ppl have used kratom to get off subs successfully, but many of them also became hooked on kratom. which devil is worse? dont get me wrong i was content for a while on subs, i just found myself tired of the monotony of it, and im looking at getting several surgeries over the next few years and would like the option to actually be able to take pain killers when necessary. i fucking hate subs, but for the past decade they were the better of 2 evils. now im not so sure. any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!!

If you are getting off of 8 mgs of daily subs with just kratom that is fantastic. Most people can't control the symptoms that way. Must be some killer kratom. Most people taper down to .5 mgs sub and jump and still suffer. Consider yourself very lucky.

I would think that most people taking subs would rather be able to keep their recovery going with kratom. Maybe not. Subs are free to some and kratom costs money so there is that to consider. You say you hate subs. I guess if you hate taking them and kratom is keeping you well ( and you can afford it ) well I guess you answered your question. Be thankful that kratom can hold you while jumping off 8 mgs. daily.

Keep on posting how you are doing as the sub WD may not have peaked yet. But if within 7 - 10 days you are still not in a bad way and the kratom is still working I would say you are one lucky person. Many people cannot get through the WD with kratom. Especially an 8 mg. jump. Hope you make it through to the other side.

Well, your Kratom dose is actually really low, I think if you can keep the withdrawals away with 12 g a day, you should just switch to kratom

Only problem with it is it affects More than just the opiate receptors, I still think 12 g a day is significantly less addictive than 8 mg a day of sub

Good job

Ok i'll try to keep this as short as possible. I've made a few posts the past few days about related topics to my situation and i found myself at yet another crossroads. Long story short i've been off and on subs for a decade, but on more often than not. ive been steady on 8mg for years now. i decided to randomly stop to test the waters, and to see how long i could hold out on kratom, and i also had 5 tylenol 3s. i dosed kratom the 2nd and 3rd day and felt no relief. wd symptoms were still mild, until 3rd night which brought on horrendous back pain, cold sweats, mild rls, etc. i took the tylenol 3s and while it relieved the symptoms enough to let me sleep i felt no euphoria. today, day 4, i dosed around 12g kratom in the morning, felt a slight high and it relieved all my wd effects. it made me unbearably dizzy for an hr or so, but after it faded its been 12 hrs since i dosed the kratom and i still feel 0 wd effects. I honestly feel better than i do while on subs. i was planning on reinstating either tonight or tomor morn whenever the wd symptoms kick back in, but having had a full 12 hrs of 0 symptoms has been a real eye opener. im not really sure i want to jump back on the subs. im heavily considering just sticking this out and using kratom as a crutch. that being said i have a pretty intense job and especially over the next few days i have to cater my boss's wedding so i really dont have the liberty of being sick or unable to work lol which is why i was going to reinstate and be on the safe side. that being said im still torn. i know many ppl have used kratom to get off subs successfully, but many of them also became hooked on kratom. which devil is worse? dont get me wrong i was content for a while on subs, i just found myself tired of the monotony of it, and im looking at getting several surgeries over the next few years and would like the option to actually be able to take pain killers when necessary. i fucking hate subs, but for the past decade they were the better of 2 evils. now im not so sure. any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!!
I’ve comfortably tapered down to under two MG no missing work chills restless legs sleepless ness or anything. IMO I’d try that I’ve never done the kratom thing but know plenty of ppl that got hooked on that and need to get on subs to get off tons of kratom a day. I think some ppl have more push to get through uncomfortable things than other. Try and taper. If you can’t get your kratom and just be done with the sub.