• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Redactle (online word puzzle game)

I tried it today as I wanted to see how it would go under the influence of a psychedelic drug.

Not bad, actually: I figured out that it was a mosque in Istanbul by guess 20, but I had to give up at that point because I don't know the names of any mosques in Istanbul (or anywhere, for that matter). Well, now I know one, the Hagia Sophia.

I tried it today as I wanted to see how it would go under the influence of a psychedelic drug.
i got it in 31. which i'm pretty proud of. i went a different route, had guessed cathedral at some point then when 'saint' only got 12 hits i was straight onto it being outside of europe and that's the obvious one (also.... only one i know, unless mar gyrgis or something else in cairo counts, this is embarassing as i've also visited similar places in georgia). not spoilering cos that's yesterday's now.

proud i got the second law of thermodynamics in 12. my second best after night, which i got in 8. anyway, now for todays.

eta: got todays in 23 woop woop! that's a clue to anyone who knows my areas of expertise....

Last edited by a moderator:
eta: got todays in 23 woop woop! that's a clue to anyone who knows my areas of expertise....

Blah, I hate ones like this.

I got "physics" and "force" within three guesses but never in a million years would I have guessed "coriolis". Never heard of it.

Thanks for the heads up guys... they really should make a non science nerd version of this game!

Blah, I hate ones like this.

I got "physics" and "force" within three guesses but never in a million years would I have guessed "coriolis". Never heard of it.
its that thing that makes water go one way down the drain in the northern hemisphere, and the other way in the southern. i'd figured it was something rotational and its the next obvious guess after centrifugal and centripetal
Thanks for the heads up guys... they really should make a non science nerd version of this game!
if it makes you feel better i took ~140 guesses to get Vikings, and ~280 to get perfume. but the fundamental theorem of algebra was a walk in the park.

fucks sake, todays i had guessed in 57, which is still embarassing, but i spelled it wrong. after another 40 guesses going mad, i checked the spelling, et voila.

my actual job is to detect airborne microbial threats from metagenomic samples. this is on my fucking list of things i'm supposed to care about. tbh its also an easy one so i've not thought about it much its just something i have to include it in reporting.

I solved today's Redactle (#109) in 2 guesses with an accuracy of 100.00%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

This is funny to me because this is one of only a handful of one-shot wins I've gotten in Redactle and was by far the quickest one, and I was very stoned when I did it. :ROFLMAO: I don't think it's any kind of magic sauce, though; it didn't help much last week when I spent twenty minutes before I could recall the world "cathedral" (which didn't get me to the answer anyway).

I solved today's Redactle (#109) in 2 guesses with an accuracy of 100.00%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

This is funny to me because this is one of only a handful of one-shot wins I've gotten in Redactle and was by far the quickest one, and I was very stoned when I did it. :ROFLMAO: I don't think it's any kind of magic sauce, though; it didn't help much last week when I spent twenty minutes before I could recall the world "cathedral" (which didn't get me to the answer anyway).
argh give me a clue its driving me mad!!!

i know its a man, he is not an artist, author, or actor. he is chinese but were not born in china, there is a connection with france. he is alive. there is something to do with the silk road. its not liu, hu, wong or wang.

argh give me a clue its driving me mad!!!

i know its a man, he is not an artist, author, or actor. he is chinese but were not born in china, there is a connection with france. he is alive. there is something to do with the silk road. its not liu, hu, wong or wang.

Two of the three words in the title are identical.

Two of the three words in the title are identical.
thanks! i got it in the end but had to cheat by googling when i'd got enough info. i'd never have got it without cheating. i've heard of him but know nothing about him.

@S.J.B. its back up.

i'm really not at my best mentally right now and struggling with this one.

it has a head, body and tail but is not an animal or instrument, or cuddly toy. it has eyes too. head can be different shapes. mentioned in poems and literature but not art. its not mythical.

it actually is an animal but the words 'animal' and 'animals' are not in there

edit: got it. i'm a fucking dumbass. this should have been easy street for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I solved today's Redactle (#119) in 187 guesses with an accuracy of 22.46%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Brutal! This was my worst score ever (excluding, of course, the ones I gave up on). I'm also pretty sure it's the longest time I've spent on one.

I solved today's Redactle (#119) in 187 guesses with an accuracy of 22.46%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Brutal! This was my worst score ever (excluding, of course, the ones I gave up on). I'm also pretty sure it's the longest time I've spent on one.

Made up for it today, at least.

I solved today's Redactle (#120) in 3 guesses with an accuracy of 100.00%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/