Regaining sexuality (testosterone?) after opiate use

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I was a daily user of opioids and opiates during around 3-4 years and S/NRI antidepressants for many, enough for killing my sexuality and putting some additional kilos onto my belly. Now I've been off any hard opioids for around four months, just some kratom here and there but not regularly (I can only recommend pregabalin+memantine for getting off opiates, had no withdrawal). While I wake up with a boner again some days, it does more annoy than please me and I have zero interest in sexuality while being physically able to perform. I don't mind this at all, somehow life's more relaxed, but it complicates or antagonizes relationships with the opposite sex, which is why I am thinking about solutions for bringing the old sexuality back.

Did a blood analysis including testosterone while still having some (a low dose though) morphine in my system and it came back as low, but not below the recommendation. It was like 4 when 3-10 is the recommended range. I read that they adjusted that scale downwards because so many men have low test, so I interpret my value as below.

Now I read about certain compounds (triptoreline and others) which are used to re-start testosterone production. How common is this practice and what are the risks? Is it worth the hassle to find a doctor willing to do it?

Are you just doing this because you think it's what other people want? Because you say that you have "zero interest in sexuality" and "I don't mind this at all. somehow life's more relaxed"...but then conclude that actually you DO mind this...? :unsure:

Are you just doing this because you think it's what other people want? Because you say that you have "zero interest in sexuality" and "I don't mind this at all. somehow life's more relaxed"...but then conclude that actually you DO mind this...? :unsure:
Umm yeah I know from more than one girl who either cheated or leaved a men because of low sexuality, and somehow I miss it when being with her but also appreciate the relaxation a life free from testosteron-fueled horniness ... so in the end it's a compromise, but to cease sexuality in my age (still before 35) isn't normal I guess, and as said it interferes with relationships, I do want the other aspects of them, being close etc just I have no interest whatsoever in initiating sexuality myself (I can get aroused by manipulation but it's kind of.. strange until the horniness takes over - so sildenafil isn't what I'm looking for). I'm hoping to lose some belly fat too but guess I know the answer, without strict diet and/or solid exercise there's not much which would help. If there's an one shot fix all solution I'd probably take it - differently from a pill or shot every day or every now and then, this I'd only do when it gave me other benefits like antidepressant effects. I'm dependent on SSRIs, really stopping-gives-me-suicidal-ideation like dependent, also they don't fix nothing really and they skyrocket my prolactin, so I'd love to be able to quit.

Last edited:
Umm yeah I know from more than one girl who either cheated or leaved a men because of low sexuality, and somehow I miss it when being with her but also appreciate the relaxation a life free from testosteron-fueled horniness ... so in the end it's a compromise, but to cease sexuality in my age (still before 35) isn't normal I guess, and as said it interferes with relationships, I do want the other aspects of them, being close etc just I have no interest whatsoever in initiating sexuality myself (I can get aroused by manipulation but it's kind of.. strange until the horniness takes over - so sildenafil isn't what I'm looking for). I'm hoping to lose some belly fat too but guess I know the answer, without strict diet and/or solid exercise there's not much which would help. If there's an one shot fix all solution I'd probably take it - differently from a pill or shot every day or every now and then, this I'd only do when it gave me other benefits like antidepressant effects. I'm dependent on SSRIs, really stopping-gives-me-suicidal-ideation like dependent, also they don't fix nothing really and they skyrocket my prolactin, so I'd love to be able to quit.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up

I've noticed that kratom reduces my interest in sex too but I actually kind of like that about it lol. For the reasons you mentioned...just kind of dials down the fanatical howl of "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!" that carries on in the back of the male mind, but still allows you to have sex if the opportunity arises.

I was prescribed an SSRI once for anxiety/insomnia and it pretty much annihilated my sex drive...I had to eventually stop taking it because I could NOT cum, and I'd rather be anxious than not be able to cum!

I have been on opiates over 10 years and decided to get on testosterone long term. That is a big decision to make, but it helped me a ton. Completely changed my body and mind. Confidence, motivation, energy, sex drive, focus, etc. But this is *replacing* your low testosterone, not restarting it.

If you just want to try to restart your test you should be looking at HCG-clomid protocols. There are literally thousands of posts on other forums about it. Mostly after anabolic steroids use, but the effect is the same. Do many hours of reading, and you'll learn more than you ever needed to know about all the options.

I personally studied foods, supplements and activities which promote testosterone and HGH function, as well as those that suppress them. Then tailored my diet and lifestyle around that. Considering I’ve been on opiates since I was 16-17, went through chemo which further destroys T, and other hormone crushing things in my life which I don’t care to discuss.

My T now hangs out naturally around 700 in my mid 30’s. My free T can be lower (still normal) at times but it’s cuz I eat a diet that promotes SBHG and mine is usually at the top of the reference chart. I need to stop eating nuts all day long.

-GC

Testosterone is over rated and it's job mostly ends along with puberty
Well, the list of low test symptoms and conditions it can cause it's pretty long and scary.
Less muscle mass
Less bone mass
Increase in fat storage
Reduced erythropoiesis
Strength loss
Insulin resistance
Weakened immune system
Increased risk for cardiovascular disease
Depression
Anxiety
Loss of drive and motivation
Reduced quality of sleep
Cognitive decline
Increased risk for dementia and Parkinsons

This is off the top of my head and I probably left out something important.
Obviously having a slightly lower than average T level is not going to cause all of that, but the lower it is the more the risks increase.

Last edited:
I've noticed that kratom reduces my interest in sex too but I actually kind of like that about it lol. For the reasons you mentioned...just kind of dials down the fanatical howl of "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!" that carries on in the back of the male mind, but still allows you to have sex if the opportunity arises.
Oh yeah, like I said, part of me likes the abstinence of 'that howl' (nice designation) ... but it might have a heavier price tag than initially thought, there're now some additional kilos on my belly without eating more, and I'm constantly fatigued and slightly depressed, missing the drive I had in earlier ages / before morphine. I'm currently on SSRIs too, try to stop with fluoxetine but I'm not sure whether it works. Usually I'll get abstinence syndrome with brain zaps, restlessness, diarrhea etc. but before opiates serotonin only sometimes interfered with the ability to cum, not sexuality in general and certainly not gaining weight w/o eating more (guess this is fat instead of muscles and bones, which means it's the worst kind). Yeah, I should move more but this was true before too and I always had a pretty slim shape and lots of energy when I wanted to do something. Not to even speak of the increased risk for later disorders.

Thing is some months ago I acquired the only TRT product readily available here, gel portions with 50mg T each, for transdermal usage. Results were a burst of libido when also using prolintane, but nothing else to speak of. I guess 50mg transdermal w/o DMSO is a rather low dosage given the bioavailability and I should maybe try higher dosages? If I decide to continue replacing T, I'd definitely acquire pure T and make a transdermal DMSO solution myself, I can't stand the imagination of an injection every week when it's avoidable and cheaper so.

My T value was around 400. Should be higher when I'm still before 35, and I know some people say T is overrated while others praise the benefits of decent levels / TRT. Guess I should first try to restart natural production and if this doesn't work out, go the transdermal route.

Most of testosterone's benefits are the result of the conversion to DHT

Without that conversion, testosterone would be practically useless
DHT is very important, but it is effectively inactive in muscle tissue as it gets locally converted in an inactive metabolite.
Also, Testosterone gets converted into Estradiol by aromatase, while DHT does not.