• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse- Have I wasted my withdrawal

MrManners

Bluelighter
Hi all. Still battling my codeine addiction. I’ve just done 5days of a cold turkey codeine withdrawal. Day 6 I was feeling loads better and I was stupid and relapsed. I did 2 CWE’s a few hours apart. I don’t plan on taking anymore. Will this put me straight back to day one of withdrawals again. Can’t believe I’ve been so silly.

it won't put you straight back but if you've had a habit for a long time you are unlikely to get off scot free.

though i found there to be no rhyme or reason to when i got withdrawal when i was trying to chip heroin, i mean i was constantly in low level withdrawal, but when i got more serious symptoms would be completely random. like sometimes i could use a small bit over a short time frame, get nothing. other times i could use even less, get fucking ill. then use 2 days back to back, nothing. then use 1 evening, sick. so you might be OK. it depends on how long you've been using and how much, as that determines how messed up your opioid receptors are.

are you getting any psychological help? i never could stop even if i got through a rattle, and i didn't realise it was cos i was using for a reason, and without working out what using was doing for me there was no way i could stay clean.

Hi all. Still battling my codeine addiction. I’ve just done 5days of a cold turkey codeine withdrawal. Day 6 I was feeling loads better and I was stupid and relapsed. I did 2 CWE’s a few hours apart. I don’t plan on taking anymore. Will this put me straight back to day one of withdrawals again. Can’t believe I’ve been so silly.
How did you get on?