Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace Benway / Dr. Benway / @Frenway

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Dr Benway was part of our discord support staff. He was a gentle, amazing human i loved him. he supported me and my music,
i played him a song and went to bed, he never made it awake. rest in peace my friend. may the blessings of the Buddha be upon you, i'll see you on the next bardo ;(

benway was one of my first friends on the discord, he was such a kind and caring soul. he always checked in on me and gave me internet hugs, he made everyone laugh with his jokes and funny nicknames. ill forever remember the raccoon camera background he had. i remember just the other day he sat on vc with me while i went on a walk around my neighborhood late at night and pushed me to keep going despite the burn, told me the burn was how i knew it was good exercise.... ill miss you forever buddy, rest well sweet prince, i love you. <3

benway was one of my first friends on the discord, he was such a kind and caring soul. he always checked in on me and gave me internet hugs, he made everyone laugh with his jokes and funny nicknames. ill forever remember the raccoon camera background he had. i remember just the other day he sat on vc with me while i went on a walk around my neighborhood late at night and pushed me to keep going despite the burn, told me the burn was how i knew it was good exercise.... ill miss you forever buddy, rest well sweet prince, i love you. <3
now im cryin <3

Dr Benway was part of our discord support staff. He was a gentle, amazing human i loved him. he supported me and my music,
i played him a song and went to bed, he never made it awake. rest in peace my friend. may the blessings of the Buddha be upon you, i'll see you on the next bardo ;(
He was a good man with a good heart.. he cared about me and was one of the first people to welcome me to the beautiful community of bluelight, i am more than proud to have known him and talked to him.. comforted him through his pains and suffering.. told him things are gonna get better and that i am always there for him..

And.. i miss him.. may Allah have mercy on his dear soul.. "To Allah we belong and to him we shall return."

Rest in peace Benway.. <3

I have known Benway for many years. He was a remarkably kind person, and by seeing all the love that he gave, and all the love that he received, I sure am glad that I messaged him one day, telling him about this discord server I think he would thrive in. He did thank me for that, saying it was filled with just the finest human beings. I have been crying all of yesterday and also all of today. You are so damn missed, my good old friend. I hope you are smiling, where ever you are- smoking a bug fat blunt and laughing your ass off.

In Memoriam of Benway / Baseway / Dr. Benway / @Frenway:
Benway was such a kind, loving, and warm-hearted soul.
No matter how much he was struggling, he always went out of his way to brighten up your day, tell you that you looked cute today, and try to cheer you up.

Even when we had to call EMS to check on him, I believed that he was going to be fine.
When I got the message that he was dead, I couldn't believe that it wasn't some sick joke.
Benway was so strong and had been through so much, and I couldn't believe that some fucking drugs out of everything were what took him.

I remember that not long after I first met him last year, he sent me thousands of old podcast & radio files and I just thought "This is the coolest fucking dude ever" because of how awesome (and nerdy) of a person you have to be to store old stuff like that on your computer.
Sometimes we would talk about random shit like old music and breadmaking.
Other times we would talk about serious shit, like what we had both gone through as children and how it was affecting us today.
I didn't know Benway as well as many of the people here, but he was one of those people where every time I spoke to him, I thought "This is an incredible human that I wish I knew better."
We had plans for me to come visit him in Oslo one day, and now I have to slowly accept the fact that I will never see Benway's face again or hear his voice or get to meet him.
Benway was a pure, incredible, amazing, angelic human who had been through so much pain and was still fighting to get through every day and make this world a happier place.
As @affa said, he was a fucking angel.

In his memory, I want the pain from his death to bring us together rather than cause us to withdraw.
I want us to listen to his favourite songs, smoke a blunt while the sun comes up, and play some World of Warcraft together.
We should reach out to people we know who are struggling and getting out of control with their drug use to give them a serious talk about our concerns.
And we should tell the people that we love how much we love and care about them, because in our community you never know when the last time that you talk to somebody will be.

Benway would want us to be making the most of every day and doing as much as we could to make ourselves and each other happy.
Rest in Peace Benway.

1Hh9Jiw.jpg
BuVst9l.png
kwmonAe.png

may 6th/7th will forever be dr benway day @AffaAhoy please ask his parents if they would like letters, I know many people from around the world want to send their condolences.

Last edited:
To quote my message from the Discord:
I hereby declare every May 7th to be Benway’s Blacklight Day from 12:00AM LINT (UTC+14) until 11:59PM BIT (UTC-12).

I have been crying for two straight days. Thank you to you all, @cdin @arrall, everyone else, I will most likely cry for days or weeks more.I
may 6th/7th will forever be dr benway day @AffaAhoy please ask his parents if they would like letters, I know many people from around the world want to send their condolences.
I will wait perhaps a week after his death to reach out to his parents. And I will call them and go through everything

Last I heard from Benway he was heading to rehab on the 2nd. He inspired me to get clean after we talked a few days before he was planning on going to rehab. Then I found out yesterday what happened. Please! Please! Let me back in! I can't believe this happened, and I can't mourn him alone like this. Nobody I cry to about this knows him like other server members.
-Biscuits (Apollo Corp)
I'm never makin' biscuits n gravy again, cuz Magnor didn't get to try em. And he's forever getting emails from me, even if he can't enjoy em anymore. 😭

What a tragic loss, my heartfelt sympathies to all those grieving his death. He clearly made such an impact in so many lives and that’s where he will live on.

We carry those we lose with us everyday, they never really leave us. ❤️

Benway was always a bright spot in my life. We didn't talk one on one often, but he was always around. Just being in calls with him made me happier. I was always grateful to have him and so many others as a friend. I hope that he's happy wherever he is now. It's still so hard to believe that he's gone...

I have been crying for two straight days. Thank you to you all, @cdin @arrall, everyone else, I will most likely cry for days or weeks more.I

I will wait perhaps a week after his death to reach out to his parents. And I will call them and go through everything
please take care of yourself @AffaAhoy i will be checking in on you today. Love all of you here on BL <3

I was in love with this man, sometimes it seemed like the feelings were mutual. I never told him that, and I never heard it from him, and that is my biggest regret. We had so many plans together, We had plans to meet up in a month or two. We were suppose to hang out and talk and have fun. We were suppose to trip on shrooms together and roll on MDMA together. We were suppose to visit Oslo and he was going to show me around. I was suppose to tell him face to face that I was in love with him, and hopefully hear that he felt the same way. We were suppose to recover from our substance abuse disorders together, I was suppose to move in with him next year and go to the university in his town. I desperately wanted to be in a relationship with him and get a good paying job and help him have a better life. And now none of that will ever happen. I'm so fucking devastated, I can't believe he's gone. These past few weeks he had been doing combos like the one that killed him and instead of trying to convince him not to do them I was such an idiot and joined in with him doing similar combos. Maybe if I had tried to discourage him from doing them he would still be here. He was supposed to go to rehab but he ended up deteriorating mentally while there and ended up leaving early. Maybe if I had been there for him more and tried to convince him to stay this never would have happened. It doesn't matter how but I wish I could have saved him...

I was in love with this man, sometimes it seemed like the feelings were mutual. I never told him that, and I never heard it from him, and that is my biggest regret. We had so many plans together, We had plans to meet up in a month or two. We were suppose to hang out and talk and have fun. We were suppose to trip on shrooms together and roll on MDMA together. We were suppose to visit Oslo and he was going to show me around. I was suppose to tell him face to face that I was in love with him, and hopefully hear that he felt the same way. We were suppose to recover from our substance abuse disorders together, I was suppose to move in with him next year and go to the university in his town. I desperately wanted to be in a relationship with him and get a good paying job and help him have a better life. And now none of that will ever happen. I'm so fucking devastated, I can't believe he's gone. These past few weeks he had been doing combos like the one that killed him and instead of trying to convince him not to do them I was such an idiot and joined in with him doing similar combos. Maybe if I had tried to discourage him from doing them he would still be here. He was supposed to go to rehab but he ended up deteriorating mentally while there and ended up leaving early. Maybe if I had been there for him more and tried to convince him to stay this never would have happened. It doesn't matter how but I wish I could have saved him...
🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂❤️