• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 415: Animals In Nature

Please review all of the submissions from the first post and vote for your favorite!

• 1. ions

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 2. Mr. Krinkle

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 3. kiely

• 4. Xorkoth

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 5. Jerry Atrick

• 6. negrogesic

• 7. Ton Croose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. xtcgrrrl

• 9. F.U.B.A.R.

• 10. mal3volent

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 11. Burnt Offerings

• 12. dreamflyer

• 13. Phobos

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 14. JahBeeuS

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 15. Snafu in the Void

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #415!

This round's theme is ANIMALS IN NATURE as selected by your reigning champion: @arrall.

This theme is rather self-explanatory. Take any photos of any sort of animals in nature. Animals can have a broad meaning, and can include insects an other life forms, but let's stay away from plants and fungus (or, at least there needs to be one or more animals present, too). This round is beginning just in time for Spring to begin, at least in the Northern hemisphere! But for you guys in the global south, you're just coming out of summer, so it's a good time of year for everyone!

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.

Submissions are now CLOSED, and voting is OPEN! Take some photos, or select an existing original photo of yours, and submit it! It doesn't have to be a photo you take no, it can be something from the past, as long as you've taken it yourself, and you haven't submitted it before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. ions
cU1Z794.jpeg

2. Mr. Krinkle
gAwz3Ttl.jpg

3. kiely
9wgNC27.jpg

4. Xorkoth
3MSnhv8.jpg

5. Jerry Atrick
snake0004.jpg

6. negrogesic

7. Ton Croose
Et3x5mS.jpeg

8. xtcgrrrl
bJtqEtb.jpeg

9. F.U.B.A.R.

10. mal3volent
yrz7mYo.jpg

11. Burnt Offerings
R0Qxf1E.jpg

12. dreamflyer
9LDk8cs.jpg

13. Phobos
DSC06475-1080.png

14. JahBeeuS
zhZn8v3.jpeg

15. Snafu in the Void
20230509-180907.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until Match 20th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from March 21st through April 1st (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or Imgbb
      • Images can be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Animal Whisperer (or another title of your choosing related to the theme)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time to flex your profile to everyone as you enter the manic state that is full Springtime!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:

On a more serious note, I'll crop the hawk choking out a bluejay. Unless you think Benny the Cow is suitable.

That bear looks tiny! Probably not as tiny as it looks though. I get bears constantly at my house... I have even gotten to know a mama bear and had her leave her cub for me to "babysit" while she went around the house to eat my trash.

That bear looks tiny! Probably not as tiny as it looks though. I get bears constantly at my house... I have even gotten to know a mama bear and had her leave her cub for me to "babysit" while she went around the house to eat my trash.
It was a little guy. Probably full grown now. But not quite a cub, and not yet adult.

yea swear, we were at the orangutans when we heard about it. We had heard the ambulance sirens going thru the zoo but figured someone over heated or something and it was wild!

oh wow that's crazy - do you live over there? i wonder where that little asshole is now and if he remembers being dragged around by a gorilla :Sherlock:

oh wow that's crazy - do you live over there? i wonder where that little asshole is now and if he remembers being dragged around by a gorilla :Sherlock:
I did at the time and my family/friends were texting me (I guess it was on the news very quickly) to see if the kid was mine

it was not for once 😅 😅 😅 😅

RIP Harambe

I do wonder where that kid is now lmao

It was a little guy. Probably full grown now. But not quite a cub, and not yet adult.

I've gotten to see three rounds of cubs grow up from the same mama bear who lives near me, since I moved here in 2008. They're so fucking cute when they're little. They're still cute for a couple of years, too. That definitely looks like an adolescent bear.

This is a photo of me capturing an Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake back when I was a camp counselor in 2006. Nothing but bare hands, a stick, and my enormous testicles.

snake0004.jpg
Whoa J.A. That is absolutely FANTASTIC ! I am super stoned and i though this was some kind of lounge meme. I didn't realize what thread I was in.

That's definitely a real winner !!!!!!!