• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc SARI

Robi

Bluelighter
Am tying out trazadone, it didnt put me to sleep, 6 hours later i went to sleep, woke drugged out, headache, almost felt like the start of the flu, hours and hours i sorta snapped out of it,took 200 mg,the first night , says to take 1 to 2 on bottle and i hate it, took some agian,same deal, no sleep, but i stress being a zombie again, i took 100mg this time, wide awake at near 630, anyone else troubled as i am on this supposed sleep med(lol a little)just want to know anyones opinions, or trials and tribulations on traz, ty

Trazadone is an anti-psychotic used off label for sleep as it makes people drowsy. A friend gave me some when I got clean ( before I found kratom ) and at 50 mgs....nothing. At 100 mgs I fell asleep quickly and woke up 2 hours later with a throbbnig headache and my mouth was so dry that I couldn't even swallow. I'm like damn, this isn't good. Next night I tried it again thinking it might be a one off situation ...but nope, same thing. It put me to sleep quickly that's for sure but that headache and dry mouth is a no go for me.

Ever tried kratom? If you are looking for sleep 7 grams always does the trick for me.

I know you said you got a xanax script but are afraid to take it because of addiction. If you just take .05 on nights when you really need some sleep I don't see a problem. If you don't need it every night...skip it. Stick it away somewhere and just go for it when you are really struggling to sleep and ditch the trazodone ( unless you need it for your mental health ).

Last edited:
By the way hon, why did you title your thread as SARI ?

Am I missin' somethin?

Trazadone is an anti-psychotic used off label for sleep as it makes people drowsy. A friend gave me some when I got clean ( before I found kratom ) and at 50 mgs....nothing. At 100 mgs I fell asleep quickly and woke up 2 hours later with a throbbnig headache and my mouth was so dry that I couldn't even swallow. I'm like damn, this isn't good. Next night I tried it again thinking it might be a one off situation ...but nope, same thing. It put me to sleep quickly that's for sure but that headache and dry mouth is a no go for me.

Ever tried kratom? If you are looking for sleep 7 grams always does the trick for me.

I know you said you got a xanax script but are afraid to take it because of addiction. If you just take .05 on nights when you really need some sleep I don't see a problem. If you don't need it every night...skip it. Stick it away somewhere and just go for it when you are really struggling to sleep and ditch the trazodone ( unless you need it for your mental health ).
i did try kratom , when WD on that fent, took like 10 caps, i have half a bottle somewhere, oh gosh and yes, the dry mouth,ugh, i do need xanax every night, even the 5 mg doesnt seem enuff, so basically saving it for panic/anxiety emergencies all n all, i slept well on fent, be it on the floor or in tub(yikes) i think i messed my head up on that stuff and payin my dues half a year later, i did notice small bit of traz took anxiety down to zombified to feel anything but hung over and ty luv, you all are awesome to me, ty for good advice, i ditched the celexa and gabapentin, buspar just had to

yea traz is SARI, not SSRI, still getting my bearings, with this fandangled modern technology, or the start of using my brain perhaps
Oh its fine Robi. Just thought it meant something else. Yeah....ssri, snri, sari.......it's hard to keep up.

And why did you sleep on the floor or in a tub when you were on fent? Just curious? No bed ?

Oh its fine Robi. Just thought it meant something else. Yeah....ssri, snri, sari.......it's hard to keep up.

And why did you sleep on the floor or in a tub when you were on fent? Just curious? No bed ?
passed out, OD, but never needed go to hospital or need narcan, but one time my other half found me sitting in my pc chair, blue lips and finger tips. and yes id sleep REAL deep in bed, love questions, no fear here in BL really to be brutally honest, its a first for me

passed out, OD, but never needed go to hospital or need narcan, but one time my other half found me sitting in my pc chair, blue lips and finger tips. and yes id sleep REAL deep in bed, love questions, no fear here in BL really to be brutally honest, its a first for me
I'm so happy you are doing better and that you escaped the death of fent. Congrats girl. :love:

I'm so happy you are doing better and that you escaped the death of fent. Congrats girl. :love:
im still reckoning with what i did and how was i blessed to survive all of that, this is the most clean ive ever been, just liked drinking and a lil pot long ago. its uncanny , when wanting sobriety, out pops more opportunities to get high and newer temptations, when i wanted to get high there was trouble more often then not, problems to attain what i wanted so i bought in bulk, but it was fent or life, i chose life, just wish traz worked well, my main issue is insomnia, and i have tried all the healthy ways, exercise, hot showers, herbs ect, ty for encouragement, youre a beautiful soul

Oh and by the way and just for good measure:

Once the medical definition of SARI popped up, and in particular for this Trazodone stuff, get this:

Signs of a potential OD is a prolonged erection (up to six hours on some sites)! I thought that little nugget may come in handy! :ROFLMAO:

If I may be so bold as to ask: what's wrong with ye olde tried and tested sleeping pills (z-drugs) e.g. Zolpidem or Zopiclone? The usual suspects!

I don't know anything about this Trazodone other than what I've just read on it. Sounds like nasty shit to me. My radar always on alert when I see something that's contraindicated with OTC meds. But that's just me of course.

a throbbnig headache
Trazodone has a metabolite, meta chkorophenylpiperazine, which is known to provoke headaches (to the point it is used in research of anti-migraine drugs). If it didn't have that effect it would be an interesting add to the sleep chest with its SERT blockade, serotonin antagonism, and strong antihistamine effects that don't block any dopamine. But alas, sometimes chemistry gets in the way.

mCPP (meta-chlorophenylpiperazine) is actually a serotonin receptor agonist or partial agonist at most serotonin receptor sites

According to the wiki article it is also a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and releasing agent.

Trazodone (a 2nd generation antidepressant) causes drowsiness by being an antagonist at adrenergic receptors within the first 30 minutes and beyond this can become stimulating rather than inducing drowsiness. This is ostensibly due to the accumulation of the primary metabolite mCPP.

For this reason you are better off taking trazodone and then laying down to sleep immediately. In my experience if you don't make it to sleep in the first 20-40 minutes you might be fucked for the night.

mCPP is nasty shit, many years ago there was a company selling piperazines as recreational drugs. I HATED mCPP, made me feel anxious and weird and indeed, it gave me a headache. Weirdly, though, I never got that from trazodone... it did make me feel a bit zombified, but was pretty effective for sleep. This was at 50mg.