• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Silene Capensis and Calea Z

How does Ashwaganda effect dreams? Aren't you supposed to make an infusion or decoction, and drink it like tea? I experimented with melatonin and vitamin B-3. I had a lucid dream with an out of body experience, and I was not sure how safe this is, so I only did it once. I forget the dosage, it was more than the suggested amount by a tablet or two.
I normally dose toss and wash with powders, specially if tea or mixing with yoghurts doesn't result in a tasty recipe (which is usually the case)
With ashwa I just do toss n'wash quickly like with kratom, have to time to lose in strange innefective ROAs. That works. Normally I get quite sedated with +4grams of ashwa, really helps sleeping if you're not stimmed as f+ck.

For me ashwa increase lucidity a lot, the probability of having a lucid dreaming rise to 2x or 3x. I think it could be related with kratom long-term depletion/downregulation of serotonin and affecting choline in some way so ashwa helps on that. Ashwagandha also helps a lot to rebalance the adrenals after kratom or stim use. I tend to use it every other day during my month long kratom t-breaks. Twice a day during WDs.
Ashwagandha dreams tend to be more or less neutral, with strange, unexpected, creepy events sometimes, but never full nightmares (for me)

I normally dose toss and wash with powders, specially if tea or mixing with yoghurts doesn't result in a tasty recipe (which is usually the case)
With ashwa I just do toss n'wash quickly like with kratom, have to time to lose in strange innefective ROAs. That works. Normally I get quite sedated with +4grams of ashwa, really helps sleeping if you're not stimmed as f+ck.

For me ashwa increase lucidity a lot, the probability of having a lucid dreaming rise to 2x or 3x. I think it could be related with kratom long-term depletion/downregulation of serotonin and affecting choline in some way so ashwa helps on that. Ashwagandha also helps a lot to rebalance the adrenals after kratom or stim use. I tend to use it every other day during my month long kratom t-breaks. Twice a day during WDs.
Ashwagandha dreams tend to be more or less neutral, with strange, unexpected, creepy events sometimes, but never full nightmares (for me)
What do you mean by 'toss and wash'? Do you mean washing or rinsing it, like people do with pu-erh and oolong tea, and rice?

I have never taken Kratom and opiates and mostly all other drugs do not interest me now, and I stopped using them by personal choice.

What do you mean by 'toss and wash'? Do you mean washing or rinsing it, like people do with pu-erh and oolong tea, and rice?

I have never taken Kratom and opiates and mostly all other drugs do not interest me now, and I stopped using them by personal choice.
Personally I'm less and less into using substances, I'm tapering kratom to be 1 month totally sober. Occasional psychedelics is something I do as a ritual of cleansing and mental reset, so to speak. I'm not sure for how long I would use entheogens but I think they still have things to show me, and I would like to try dissos to know what they can do. I think in a few months/year I wil be mostly sober. I play piano and it's my main "high", along with surfing and plants (when I can).

Toss n wash, as I think it works better, is putting some liquid in your mouth without swallowing, then drop the powder into your mouth touching the liquid surface and then swallow all at once, liquid with the powder upside. (English is not my native language) I don't know if it's clear enough. That way you don't need to taste the substance.

Interesting. I'm a lucid dreamer and a long term ashwagandha user. Can't say that I've noticed any connection, but we're all different.

Interesting. I'm a lucid dreamer and a long term ashwagandha user. Can't say that I've noticed any connection, but we're all different.
do you use powder?
it doesn't work if you use extract for some reason.
the way it works is dosing twice, once before sleeping (3-4 grams) and again once you wake up to go to pee or whatever, when there's 2-3 hours left of sleeping (2-3 grams) that way tend to work for me.
but I found a new herb that seem to work even better: artemisia annua