• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Simon's Turns Purple?

indigoaura

Bluelighter
I was testing a new batch of MDMA tonight. Marquis, Lieberman, Mecke, and Mandelin all turned black. Simon's, however, turned purple.

Never seen Simon's turn purple before.

It is an old kit, but I tested another batch of known MDMA and it still turned blue, a bit slower than normal, but still blue.

I cannot find any purple on the chart for Simon's.

Ideas?

Here is a list of substances turning Simon’s purple. Scroll down to search function and type ‘pur’, not ‘purple’. You’ll have to work backwards to see which ones also match the same as MDMA on the other reagents. The site has tables for all the reagents

Good call

I don't think I've ever tested purple on Simons a or b tests. I think I got white and a bit of green

Good call

I don't think I've ever tested purple on Simons a or b tests. I think I got white and a bit of green
You know it’s not A or B with Simon’s right? It’s A and B. You add A to the sample first then add B. The correct colour for MDMA after adding B is blue. If you get no colour change after adding B it’s likely MDA, amphetamine, or MDPV.

I’ve seen some posts on Reddit with people having the same batch, was it like a darker purple?

-GC

I’ve seen some posts on Reddit with people having the same batch, was it like a darker purple?

-GC

I have a pic I can post. It was really odd.

The first test looked dark purple like a marquis MDMA reaction, and the second test was violet with a little blue mixed in.

Again, I know my test kit is old, but the previously tested 80% MDMA batch still turns identifiably blue.

I have a pic I can post. It was really odd.

The first test looked dark purple like a marquis MDMA reaction, and the second test was violet with a little blue mixed in.

Again, I know my test kit is old, but the previously tested 80% MDMA batch still turns identifiably blue.

Please do, that sounds like what I’ve been seeing too.

-GC

IMG-4369.jpg

So, the top reaction was the first test I did, and the bottom reaction was the second test. You can see the black and purple, as well as some blue.

So, I finally got around to sending this sample to International Energy Control. I am surprised that the result from International Energy Control is that it is 85% MDMA with no additional ingredients noted. This is a higher percentage of MDMA than my regularly used sample, which is 80%.

So, this sample is brown in appearance and smells like safrole. The 80% sample is white with little to no odor.

I am a bit confounded by how a sample that appears (visually and by Simon's testing) to be less pure is actually purer than the other sample.

So, I finally got around to sending this sample to International Energy Control. I am surprised that the result from International Energy Control is that it is 85% MDMA with no additional ingredients noted. This is a higher percentage of MDMA than my regularly used sample, which is 80%.

So, this sample is brown in appearance and smells like safrole. The 80% sample is white with little to no odor.

I am a bit confounded by how a sample that appears (visually and by Simon's testing) to be less pure is actually purer than the other sample.

Have you tried this stuff? Very strange and shows how reagents can be fooled.

-GC

Neither visual appearance nor reagent results are an indicator for purity with MDMA. As far as visual: I’ve had black, green and brown rocks lab tested and all come back in the mid 80’s percentage range. As far as reagent: all they test for is presence and the speed of reaction or colour change is not necessarily an indicator of product strength. However there is an MDMA purity test available from EZ-Test that gives an approximation of purity using a reagent but the best it tells you is weak vs medium vs strong vs very strong.

Good to see testing I never tested Molly in the past but would now lol Secret Santa gift last year was a reagent testing kit

A word to any readers or lurkers in the thread - if the MDMA turns Simon's purple, don't eat it. Just don't.

Whatever the issue is with this sample, it resulted in vomiting off and on for TWO HOURS. I could not move from the couch without vomiting, I could not walk up or down the stairs, I couldn't do anything. There were multiple incidents where I basically had to vomit in my mouth and run to a toilet. Gross.

My partner kept saying that I did not look right, that something seemed wrong. I didn't look in a mirror until later, but my face was swollen underneath both of my eyes. Seemed like an allergic response.

None of this is remotely typical for me or normal. It goes without saying that this batch did not produce euphoria, tactile enhancement, or music enhancement.

Here is another weird data point - my heart rate dropped significantly when the MDMA hit. I had been on a half dose of 2CB, and my resting heart rate was running fairly high for me at 110 to 125 BPM. Typically, when sober, my heart rate is about 80 BPM while resting. Once the "MDMA" hit, my heart rate rapidly dropped to 85. So, the stimulated energy of the 2CB was completely, 100% muted by this sample. Isn't this the opposite of what is supposed to occur? Doesn't MDMA slightly increase your resting heart rate?