• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Sub taper

Uknowit4now

Bluelighter
This has been tough. Im taper from about 4 years of sub use. Im down to .75 now. .5 in the am and .25 in the pm. Been at this level well this is the 3rd day, im.doing better now than i was. Its just tough. I been weaning for about 1 year now. I dont wanna use anymore nor do inwant to do subs. I just hope i can get off these with as little pain as possible... physical pain isnt too bad its the mental pain thay destroys me. I am gonna get to .25 and eventually jump.. or shoukd i go to .10? Who has jumped from .25 and how did they feel? Any help would be appreciated.. peace to everyone trying to get clean, its not easy!!!

Bump to this thread. I’m also on this journey. I’m not at as low a daily dosage as you but will be getting there this year.
Oh nice, good for you 💖 as ypu know it aint easy thats for sure.. everyone said when you hit 2 it woukd be bad, when i hit 1 is when the real pain kicked in.. but a few days have past being on .75 and i am doing ok.. better than the 1st 2nd and 3rd day was rhats for sure! Well good luck.. you ca do it!

Actually suboxone, i think subutex has no nolaxne in it which is thw difference.. thats only good for when you get inducted..after that im not sure it matters unless yer tryi g to boot yer suboxone.. that wont work! Dangerous too...
Congrats on your taper and your goal to discontinue. It takes great will power, strength and determination and it sounds like you have all 3. Good on you man.

Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize.

Congrats on your taper and your goal to discontinue. It takes great will power, strength and determination and it sounds like you have all 3. Good on you man.

Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize.
Tha k you so much, just the kinds words help a lot... i thi k any bit of positivity helps not matter how big or how small 💖 the crazy part is i feel real emotional about everything now. Maybe its just the subs.. i hope no heavy paws thats a fear... but day by day you know the routine.. thanks again man

Tha k you so much, just the kinds words help a lot... i thi k any bit of positivity helps not matter how big or how small 💖 the crazy part is i feel real emotional about everything now. Maybe its just the subs.. i hope no heavy paws thats a fear... but day by day you know the routine.. thanks again man
I think you feel emotional because you are used to being somewhat numbed. It will level out :)

For anyone who is interested, here is Eli's foolproof perfect taper schedule, which has gotten me off Suboxone 4 times completely painlessly with nary more than slight sniffles.

Week 1 2mg dose every day
Week 2 2 mg dose every day
Week 3 1.4mg dose every day, slip last day dose
Week 4 1.4mg dose every day, slip last day dose
Week 5 0.8mg dose every day, skip last day dose
Week 6 0.8mg dose every day, skip last day dose
Week 7 0.4mg dose every day, skip last day dose
Week 8 0.4mg dose every day, skip last day dose

The trick: plan your taper so you have a few extra pills. This is where you bring it right down.

Week 9 0.125mg dose alternative days, skip last day

Then you're done. And this works no fuss every time if you do exactly this schedule and you're not on stupid high doses of Suboxone for ages.

You skip the last day of the dose as is tricks the body into accepting the lower dose as an acceptable dose. You're in slight withdrawal so the moment you get even close to enough it feels fine. Then that's your new normal. It's a quick adjustment. I figured that out myself by accidentally missing doses.

Alternative day dosing allows much more of the drug level to drop in your body over time, which means you have a lower total level to come off. At least that's my overall theory.

I'd welcome any comments on the logic of these tricks.

I am sorry i lost tracknof my original question, has anyone jumped from .50 or lower if how did they feel, how long until back to normal? 🙏

For anyone who is interested, here is Eli's foolproof perfect taper schedule, which has gotten me off Suboxone 4 times completely painlessly with nary more than slight sniffles.

The trick: plan your taper so you have a few extra pills. This is where you bring it right down.

Then you're done. And this works no fuss every time if you do exactly this schedule and you're not on stupid high doses of Suboxone for ages.

You skip the last day of the dose as is tricks the body into accepting the lower dose as an acceptable dose. You're in slight withdrawal so the moment you get even close to enough it feels fine. Then that's your new normal. It's a quick adjustment. I figured that out myself by accidentally missing doses.

Alternative day dosing allows much more of the drug level to drop in your body over time, which means you have a lower total level to come off. At least that's my overall theory.

Thank you for the info. How did you feel a day after your last dose? And how long did it take before you were 100% normal and sleepi g normal after the last dose? Thank you again

I'm on 26mg subutex so guess I have a long way to go :(
Its 100% achievable! You just have to want to do it. I stayed on 2mg for like 197 days it looks like. I tracked my taper for 13 months now. Down to .75 i know it seems low but dropping in increments this low feels more painful then when i was taking more and dropping 1 mg a time. Ugh its alm tough. I just wanna be free and 100% clean its eating me alive to do it. Ive used for about 26 years now.. i was clean for about 5 years too.. dam i f'ed up tho and it took me right back in the cycle.. and the missions to get and use.. i habe to say those can be just as tough as weaning lol..

Thank you for the info. How did you feel a day after your last dose? And how long did it take before you were 100% normal and sleepi g normal after the last dose? Thank you again

I cannot make this clearer. I had zero withdrawal. And I mean zero. None, zip zilch. No issues with sleep, no tiredness, no lack of motivation. I was just off suboxone. If you do it correctly it is a piece of cake.

I just started on Sub about 2 months ago and am doing better than I ever have been. Should I not of gone on this? Am I just setting myself up for a crash and burn a couple years down the road? Please tell me that's not the case. Does it work for some people? I thought I seen a stat somewhere that it only kept 10 percent of users from relapsing at a future date. I was kinda hoping that I was in with the 'special' 10. Thought that for once, I was actually going to get a break. Please...more info

I just started on Sub about 2 months ago and am doing better than I ever have been. Should I not of gone on this? Am I just setting myself up for a crash and burn a couple years down the road? Please tell me that's not the case. Does it work for some people? I thought I seen a stat somewhere that it only kept 10 percent of users from relapsing at a future date. I was kinda hoping that I was in with the 'special' 10. Thought that for once, I was actually going to get a break. Please...more info

I cannot stress strongly enough stabilising on as low as dose as humanly possible that you can tolerate. If that's 2mg do it. One time I was on subs the doctor ramped me to 24mg and I felt zero difference so reduced back to 4 a week later.

A friend I met last year at a tattoo parlour was on daily dispensed endone for her reduction then relapsed and got put on suboxone. She reached out to me out of the blue since she remembered me being honest about tapering off it when we met and needed someone to talk to.

She offhandedly mentioned she was on 24mg. For a 5mg endone a day habit. I immediately demanded she make her doctor reduce it but she said no no it's for my cravings. I told her she was being absurd and there is fuck all evidence that higher doses help with that. A small group of people never stabilise on suboxone but they should go to methadone instead. That isn't really a dose issue. Some dude I met at na had a fractured/shattered shoulder which he didn't notice until he went on suboxone cause he took thatuch fucking heroin. And he STILL wasn't dosed higher than 8mg.

Friend did not listen. We weren't that close then so it was a bit optimistic to reckon she would trust me over her doctor. But she later got in touch telling me I was right and she started reduction and holy shit is she massively sensitive to suboxone because she cant go from 18mg to 16 mg without suffering for 2 weeks. She is so bitter at her doctor for fucking her up and regrets not trusting me. She does however blame that on my usual way of coming off incredibly blunt over text sometimes when I don't want to mince words due to the autism. So she thought I was a bit rude since she didn't know me well.

She's almost done, made it to 2mg. I also directed her to change dispenser as she was being robbed for $200 a month when I've been at 4 different chemists plus DASSA and no chemist has charged me more than $110 a month. So she did that too.

At the end of the day the less time you spend on a higher dose the better.

I only went up to 8mg to qualify for the injectable dose. I'm on the lowest one. But I went on it due to more my clinical risk of future heroin use - I'd found a regular source and I already knew I was going to go downhill, so I pre-emptively requested to be put on it. Due to a long term history of other attempts at maintenance therapy they agreed

I cannot stress strongly enough stabilising on as low as dose as humanly possible that you can tolerate. If that's 2mg do it. One time I was on subs the doctor ramped me to 24mg and I felt zero difference so reduced back to 4 a week later.

A friend I met last year at a tattoo parlour was on daily dispensed endone for her reduction then relapsed and got put on suboxone. She reached out to me out of the blue since she remembered me being honest about tapering off it when we met and needed someone to talk to.

She offhandedly mentioned she was on 24mg. For a 5mg endone a day habit. I immediately demanded she make her doctor reduce it but she said no no it's for my cravings. I told her she was being absurd and there is fuck all evidence that higher doses help with that. A small group of people never stabilise on suboxone but they should go to methadone instead. That isn't really a dose issue. Some dude I met at na had a fractured/shattered shoulder which he didn't notice until he went on suboxone cause he took thatuch fucking heroin. And he STILL wasn't dosed higher than 8mg.

Friend did not listen. We weren't that close then so it was a bit optimistic to reckon she would trust me over her doctor. But she later got in touch telling me I was right and she started reduction and holy shit is she massively sensitive to suboxone because she cant go from 18mg to 16 mg without suffering for 2 weeks. She is so bitter at her doctor for fucking her up and regrets not trusting me. She does however blame that on my usual way of coming off incredibly blunt over text sometimes when I don't want to mince words due to the autism. So she thought I was a bit rude since she didn't know me well.

She's almost done, made it to 2mg. I also directed her to change dispenser as she was being robbed for $200 a month when I've been at 4 different chemists plus DASSA and no chemist has charged me more than $110 a month. So she did that too.

At the end of the day the less time you spend on a higher dose the better.

I only went up to 8mg to qualify for the injectable dose. I'm on the lowest one. But I went on it due to more my clinical risk of future heroin use - I'd found a regular source and I already knew I was going to go downhill, so I pre-emptively requested to be put on it. Due to a long term history of other attempts at maintenance therapy they agreed
Thank you for the info. Did you end up getting off? How low did you go before you jumped?