• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe SUBOXONE "high" is gone. 😢

Exactly!
Oh, they got ahead of me. I even started editing the post when I saw the new post about dose reduction. The truth is, the difficulties begin with 2 mg. If there is no prior experience, stay with sublingual application.
I called subuxon the invention of the devil, since the additional antagonist is clearly superfluous. Buprenorphine itself is hard to die of, even in theory. Like it or not, but we are looking for at least a minimal hint of euphoria, albeit a weak one. I remember the days when it was possible to come for intramuscular injections of buprenorphine solution instead of pills. Very ethereal effect. If desired, diazepam could be added. So, those who received these injections (both with and without diazepam) were much less likely to relapse into using street opiates. Personally, I consider it too much to offer diazepam, but I don’t see a sin in the fact that a person experiences a tangible high while remaining in a clear mind.
By the way, here's what I understood. Increasing the usual dosage almost always results in a loss of euphoria. And the most insidious is the attempt to take the second dose within 12 hours. Many then brought themselves to acute withdrawal, hoping to return the euphoria. Buprenorphine sits on the receptors stronger than other opiates, which is why, it seems to me, he likes to mock us 😈
Thanks for your helpful answer. I realised that "honeymoon" is thing of the past, but don't have any regrets. I feel so much better on Suboxone and my main problems are gone(addiction, depression, chronic pain). When I feel that is the time to reduce the dose I will do it as slow as possible. Maybe 1/2 mg per month. So in 8 months time I should be at 4mg. That is dose I wish to maintain. For now.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to taper down to 2 mg. You can taper by 0.5 to 1mg every few weeks
I wonder how fast I could go from 10mg to 4? The last year I find the well-being from sub has dropped off a good amount, and it seems that no dose will touch my pinched nerve anyways. It is time to see if I can get to the mythical land of 2mg/day. They say everything glows at that level, for pain and well-being feeling.

Didn't know that? I was told the same about the 4mg dose. I am still on 8 and feeling fine.

I wonder how fast I could go from 10mg to 4? The last year I find the well-being from sub has dropped off a good amount, and it seems that no dose will touch my pinched nerve anyways. It is time to see if I can get to the mythical land of 2mg/day. They say everything glows at that level, for pain and well-being feeling.
If you ever get to the mythical dose of 2mg, let me know is it worth all the pain and suffering? 🤔

Taking 760mg would knock out a horse. It would have to be an opioid naive horse but still. Kids (or you old folks especially) don't try this kind of dosing. Glad you made it and you can function without methadone if you choose to
My recovered stallion was a repeated IV heroin user for many years before we decided to put him into a methadone maintenance program. He takes 800 milligrams of methadone easily ok I'll stop.
It's impossible to get high on Suboxone if you are using it as recommended. But there is slight taste of euphoria and relaxation when you just start using. Maybe some people who were on heavy drugs didn't feel it, but I did. It was just a little buzz somewhere in the background. Hardly noticeable. Unfortunately after 2 months it's gone. I am on 8mg (in the morning) and everything else is fine. No pain, no desire to get back to opioids and no major depression. Any chance that the good old feeling will come back, or that was it? Is that the only change or should I expect something else in the future? Answer to this question can give only somebody who's been on Subs for a long time.

Its inevitably all the same with any opiate and if someone *could* survive carfentynal--I'm sure somewhere out there someone is a carfent survivor still using opiates strong enough to kill 10 people--is now "disappointed" by the high that once was.

Suboxone is one of the few opioids thats amazing for long term use without there being serious redose issues and in time the dose settles within the body and it doesn't require more and more to just be "okay." There are consequences of permanent suboxone maintenance and methadone etc so its not for free metaphorically speaking, but anything is a step up from financially supporting a heroin habit that the rich cannot even afford.

Anyone looking to get high enough to ruin their life in a wonderfully destructive way has a plethora of options far more inviting than suboxone. It combats withdrawal like nothing else for people who aren't serious opiate abusers needing methadone/stronger maintenance tools. Suboxone was a good invention lol very impressive.

First time I encountered subutex and had no idea about bupe's existence, I was actually mindblowingly higher than I have ever been and will be from 1 milligram. Half the pill was for an opiate beginner strong enough to make any dose of oxycodone seem weak. Its weird but sometimes bupe is TOO strong off of the smallest dose and then after many years of opiates and all that, no amount can get us high. Life is kind of funny that way but it works out in the end,

You should not lose the mental health/craving killing effect if you keep taking regularly. The bupe will attach to your receptors the same! I’m so proud of and happy for you that it is helping the way it is! Sounds like you losing the bonus isn’t a big deal! Have good one and stay safe <3
Almost one year later I am mentally and physically destroyed. Sub. stopped working overnight and I got all possible side effects. Somehow I managed to tapper it down but I'm now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don't have any cravings or stuff like that but the pain is almost unbearable. Depression too. I am denied any relief because the nanny state of Australia said so. "Be careful what you wish for."