• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Discussion Take Your Pills: Xanax (Netflix documentary)

Similarly, thanks for the heads up. Will give it a gander.

Really interesting quite a different angle to the one I watched a couple years back.

One thing that bothers me and I don't know why is this phrase benzos are just alcohol in a pill.

Oh here's the link to the other documentary
Link below-
(Prof Ashton is in this)

Ok - i watched it last night

i liked it - i'll say this tho: listening to these people talk about their anxiety was giving me anxiety - and that always happens - it's kinda like i can't be around those people - it was a little much in that regard

but i liked how it was subjective - they had people on that swore by them while also talking about the history and the major problems with it all

it was really good if you ask me, and i would recommend to watch it

Yeah I watched it as well and I was considering writing a post about it also. I think the documentary did an amazing job at explaining medical things simply. It had a few different examples of the kind of people taking it and reasons. I would hope that educating people will help de-stigmatize users and aid in harm reduction.

I thought it was gonna be elementary and surface level information, but it was more. I enjoyed it.

Totally agree, any documentary like this highlighting the positives and negatives of benzodiazepines use is only going to spread awareness. The documentary felt neutral in the angle it took about the topic.

One thing stood out that the physician said "we're numbing the physical pain with opioids and emotional pain with benzos" never really thought of it that way

Ok - i watched it last night

i liked it - i'll say this tho: listening to these people talk about their anxiety was giving me anxiety - and that always happens - it's kinda like i can't be around those people - it was a little much in that regard

but i liked how it was subjective - they had people on that swore by them while also talking about the history and the major problems with it all

it was really good if you ask me, and i would recommend to watch it
Yes some people I could relate too which was a little hard to watch at times. The guy who was contemplating suicide and now is micro tapering really touched me🥲