Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking Ecstasy when susceptible to anxiety

oldravergaz

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm a middle aged ex raver who used to take a lot of Ecstasy back in late 90's onwards. A work mate happened to give me a couple of E's as a gift to relive my youth so to speak. I'd love to go back there once more but am a little apprehensive due to having suffered from anxiety/depression at times. Does anyone else here still use it in a similar situation. I'm okay at the moment just not sure if it will have a negative affect or not, anyone have any advice.

Cheers in advance,
Gaz

long time lurke on this site.r

Hi,

I'm a middle aged ex raver who used to do a lot of ectasy back in the 90's early 2000s. I have been given a couple of pills from a work mate to relive my youth so to speak. I really want to try them or at least one but theses days unfortunately suffer from anxiety/depression at times although okay at present. Does anyone here take them in a similar situation or does anyone just think its a bad idea and best avoided? Be good to hear some advice as not sure myself.

C

Gaz

Quite a bit of spaces in there huh 🤔

In any event, I took 200mg of crystalline MDMA for the first time in a long time on new years eve this year and was surprised how anxious and tense it made me. Pretty much ruined it for me. I feel like I might need to pre-administer a benzo before taking it, which I'd rather not do. Perhaps the dose was too high? But even my test of 50mg months before made me pretty tense.

What's with the wall of blank?

I'm in my late fifties and have suffered from anxiety pretty much all of my life. I've also taken quite a lot of pills/mdma since the early 90s.

I find that any anxiety just melts away when it starts to kick in. Then I become the person I wish I could be for the next few hours.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but I say go for it. You'll probably experience some come up anxiety at first, but I'm sure it will soon pass.

Have fun...

I have anxiety and panic. I have had nothing but good experiences with mdma. Of course, I’m taking pure crystalline mdma, not a pill laced with amphetamine or other, which might trigger anxiety. I also take nothing else, no alcohol, no cannabis. Cuz… why?

Just don't overdose. I am very susceptible to anxiety and panic as well and had good experiences with low dosed empathogens and it felt like a full dose would be no different in this regard if not mixed with other, possibly anxiogenic substances like cannabis. Empathogens are anxiolytic I think.

Okay thanks for the replies. Didn't mean to do blanks phone was playing up to post it on phone.

Just don't overdose. I am very susceptible to anxiety and panic as well and had good experiences with low dosed empathogens and it felt like a full dose would be no different in this regard if not mixed with other, possibly anxiogenic substances like cannabis. Empathogens are anxiolytic I think.

No I won't, I will only be taking the one, he said they are pretty light but no idea what that compares to as he's only in his 20s so never experienced the old ecstasy.

Well just to report back it was a great experience & certainly as good as I remembered. F.U.B.A.R you was correct all anxiety disappeared into bliss. I took one & ended up taking the other in halves as I didn't want it to end. They was good quality & certainly retained the magic from years back. Smoked a bit of pot coming down and it was a gentle fall back to reality. Many thanks for the advice.

When you drop it , relax, try not to think about it, just think in your head,"yea mate, it's probably nothing even going to happen".

Then about 45 minutes you'll be grining and excited, then you'll remember the subwoofer out in the garage. It's like riding a bike mate. It may have been a few years but when that molecule fits that imprint in your brain you will be transported back in time.

Have a fun ride 😌