• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Talwin NX Anyone have any experiences?

Violenza666

Bluelighter
My husband was Rxed Talwin NX for his broken Jaw. Has anyone taken it? It is a narcotic I have read up a little on it. Just wondering if any of you have any experience with it.

yes i have it is synthetic morphine but i could hear the wind blowing and it wasn't

Last edited:
no it doesnt suck it is not a green bean it is different

also made my friend puke and he would eat 8 green beans at a time

it's just different

Last edited by a moderator:
Drug: PENTAZOCINE (Talwin, Fortalgesic)

Description: Patented in 1962, pentazocine belongs to the benzomorphan group of mixed agonist-antagonist opiate drugs. That means that it bonds to some opiate receptors but can unseat some already-consumed opiates binding to other receptors. Roughly one-third as powerful as morphine, pentazocine, is also of shorter duration. On the other hand, withdrawal symptoms are comparatively mild. At one time, Talwin was widely used on the street, particularly in combination with an antihistamine (an injected formulation nicknamed “Ts and Blues”). Talwin tablets have a high talc content, however, which causes talc deposits and lesions in the lungs when injected. Moreover, Winthrop has taken to formulating Talwin with naloxone, a pure opiate antagonist, which causes abrupt withdrawal symptoms when injected. Consequently, Talwin has pretty much fallen off the street drug map.

http://seedlesss.wordpress.com/category/opiates-pharmaceutical-and-illicit/

http://www.modern-psychiatry.com/pentazocine.htm

Peace,
Seedless

Last edited:
They gave it to me after surgery because I was on Suboxone maintenance (stopped for the surgery) and they were afraid to use full agonists for fear of relapse. I got like 5 shots in the recovery room and I never felt that high. And that was IV!

Reviving this thread because I'd like to hear some opinions too.

Anyway got the 50mg tabs without naloxone in 'em. Popped two on top of some tramadol (100mg) and lormetazepam (2mg).

It's so far just a nice opiate feeling with a strong sedation, the euphoria is there but it's not nearly as euphoric as, say, oxy or morphine.

i've heard that these are pretty nice when combined with some morphine, or when they are injected (not that i suggest that). apart from that they are just like pilltochll said a normal opiate feeling with heavy sedation.