Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Targin in Australia

hotgirls.jpg.exe

Bluelighter
I hope I'm not breaking rules by pulling a quote from a closed thread - it's from a post that had nothing to do with the main topic or why it got closed, and I really did want to continue the discussion with @LucidSDreamr, who said (regarding Targin)

'You can't just patent s combination of known drugs like nalaxone and oxy without some synergistic or "non obvious" to use the legal terminology, effects.
There is no effect of adding the nalaxone in humans but they fact this formulation is patented means there had to be some data showing something useful about combining them. Probably in vitro garbage data that doesn't translate to humans.
Nonetheless mixing a drug with another drug that blocks the same receptor is moronic. But the amounts of naloxone they put in do nothing and subixone can be IVed just fine
Do you know the mg of nalaoxone and mg of oxy in your formulation?'

It's always 50% of the oxycodone dose by weight. In my case that's 7.5mg naloxone/15mg oxycodone. Naloxone is orally inactive but somehow allegedly binds to opioid receptors in the gut to help reduce constipation. In my personal experience it doesn't seem to do much in that respect but it does make the oxy seem less potent. That could well be the placebo effect but if I take 7.5mg of IR oxy vs half of one of my targin after sucking the coating off and chewing it up (and I don't do this to get high, opioids have never done much for me, it's purely for when I'm having a fucked pain flare), the former certainly *feels* stronger.

The main point I wanted to make was about your first two sentences: as a former neuroscience researcher who did some work on drug trials, I can tell you first hand that they'll massage the data to get the outcome they want to prove their hypothesis about the drug's effectiveness. This includes finding spurious reasons to cut the data from subjects whose results skew things a little too much, so you can get a tidier curve on the scatterplot. The initial trials on SSRIs used faaaar more subjects than ended up making into the final findings, for example. This is not to say they're just making claims about the effectiveness of their drugs out of whole cloth, just that these things cost a LOT of money to develop and test, and the companies are quite keen to make sure that's not a waste. Making a minor tweak to a drug whose patent is nearing expiry so you can register a whole new patent is also common practice (see citalopram > escitalopram). There was a big legal stoush with Pfizer who tried desperately to extend the patent on Lyrica (it's one of their biggest moneymakers) so that other companies couldn't sell generic pregabalin, but they failed to prevent that. There's plenty more examples but it really soured me on the research world.

I hope I'm not breaking rules by pulling a quote from a closed thread - it's from a post that had nothing to do with the main topic or why it got closed, and I really did want to continue the discussion with @LucidSDreamr, who said (regarding Targin)

It's always 50% of the oxycodone dose by weight. In my case that's 7.5mg naloxone/15mg oxycodone. Naloxone is orally inactive but somehow allegedly binds to opioid receptors in the gut to help reduce constipation. In my personal experience it doesn't seem to do much in that respect but it does make the oxy seem less potent. That could well be the placebo effect but if I take 7.5mg of IR oxy vs half of one of my targin after sucking the coating off and chewing it up (and I don't do this to get high, opioids have never done much for me, it's purely for when I'm having a fucked pain flare), the former certainly *feels* stronger.

The main point I wanted to make was about your first two sentences: as a former neuroscience researcher who did some work on drug trials, I can tell you first hand that they'll massage the data to get the outcome they want to prove their hypothesis about the drug's effectiveness. This includes finding spurious reasons to cut the data from subjects whose results skew things a little too much, so you can get a tidier curve on the scatterplot. The initial trials on SSRIs used faaaar more subjects than ended up making into the final findings, for example. This is not to say they're just making claims about the effectiveness of their drugs out of whole cloth, just that these things cost a LOT of money to develop and test, and the companies are quite keen to make sure that's not a waste. Making a minor tweak to a drug whose patent is nearing expiry so you can register a whole new patent is also common practice (see citalopram > escitalopram). There was a big legal stoush with Pfizer who tried desperately to extend the patent on Lyrica (it's one of their biggest moneymakers) so that other companies couldn't sell generic pregabalin, but they failed to prevent that. There's plenty more examples but it really soured me on the research world.
Wow thats a large amount of naloxone in there.

Last edited:
I had a spinal fusion 10 weeks back and was on Palexia (Tapentado) and then switced to Targin. Neither worked.

Naloxone is orally active,but about 2-3percent only.... Well pop a couple of targins and see what will happen.Then we can talk again.In case in suboxone-that is totally different.First oxy got much smaller binding affinities for mu receptor,than bupre.Second-ratio bupre/naloxone is 4:1.In targins is 2:1.The only reasone to put this shit in targin is prevent of abusing of drug....and in this case it works perfectly....totally different story for suboxone....and targins are way more expensive,than ordinary oxies.....so proffit issues

I'm on DSP so my meds are cheap and then free after a point but I do do a sharp intake of breath when i see the full cost, it's insane. I'm on a shitload of medication for my various conditions and if it wasn't for my pension card I'd be out hundreds and hundreds of extra dollars every year

I had a spinal fusion 10 weeks back and was on Palexia (Tapentado) and then switced to Targin. Neither worked.

Palexia is a weird one, it's a twist on tramadol and like tramadol it works great for some people and not at all for others. I hallucinated on it - and I mean it was like a low dose of shrooms, I was really surprised. Docs didnt want to prescribe it after that, which is a shame because it did work. Then I got stevens-johnson syndrome type reaction to slow release tramadol (I looked like I had chicken pox on top of a severe sunburn) so that's off the cards too. Anaphylaxis to NSAIDs so drs have no option but to prescribe proper opioids to me

Naloxone is orally active,but about 2-3percent only.... Well pop a couple of targins and see what will happen.Then we can talk again.In case in suboxone-that is totally different.First oxy got much smaller binding affinities for mu receptor,than bupre.Second-ratio bupre/naloxone is 4:1.In targins is 2:1.The only reasone to put this shit in targin is prevent of abusing of drug....and in this case it works perfectly....totally different story for suboxone....and targins are way more expensive,than ordinary oxies.....so proffit issues
I have popped a couple when my pain has been really bad - like right now I've herniated another disc in my thoracic spine (it's my 6th at 40, ehlers-danlos, gotta love that defective connective tissue) so I've had two because I save my spares. I'm also due my ketamine infusion so my pain is ratcheting up in general. When I'm on the drip I'll probably do a thread reporting my experiences

If u are pain patient and hasn't some strong dependence to other opioids,than is ok,i guess

I can take or leave opioids, they're purely functional to me. I can go 20 hours between targin doses and aside from being in more pain I don't feel any withdrawal, and I've been on targin for 4.5 years.

I can take or leave opioids, they're purely functional to me. I can go 20 hours between targin doses and aside from being in more pain I don't feel any withdrawal, and I've been on targin for 4.5 years.
If I chew more than 20mg Targin I'll be feeling nauseous within about 45 minutes. Got a box a while ago and I gave it away. A bit like drinking Rikodeine in my experience.

If I chew more than 20mg Targin I'll be feeling nauseous within about 45 minutes. Got a box a while ago and I gave it away. A bit like drinking Rikodeine in my experience.
i get that too but also regular endone will make me nauseous. opioids aren't fun for me lol

i get that too but also regular endone will make me nauseous. opioids aren't fun for me lol
I could have a card of endone and be pretty happy but unfortunately it gives a kinda rebound headache. I think it must be a bit like amyl and something to do with cranial blood pressure

I vevbeen on targin for couple a months.2-3 tabl.20/10 a day.....and after a month stop to feel it.never used more than that,cause of naloxone,which is lot

I could have a card of endone and be pretty happy but unfortunately it gives a kinda rebound headache. I think it must be a bit like amyl and something to do with cranial blood pressure
The rebound pains, they're quite common with all opioids. I think it's your body's way of saying "if you're not going to take more, I'll give you good reason to".

The only times I end up with headaches is after having too many opiates the day/night before.

I've got a question that's related to Targin, but mildly related to the topic, but I'll just ask it here since it seems there are some knowledgeable people in the thread.

I've been taking Oxycontin XR for about a year, intranasally, at doses ranging from 100mg/day to 600mg/day. A few months back, I ran out of Oxycontin XR, and there was literally none in the city that I live in, so I got Targin (20mg Oxy/10mg Naloxone). At this point I was probably taking about 30mg at a time intranasally, at about a dose of 150-200mg daily. After getting the Targin, I was slightly euphoric so I decided to take a little more then normal, I took 2 ORALLY (40mg oxy/20mg nalox), and then 30 minutes later 4 intranasally (80mg oxy/40mg nalox). At this point in time, I was unaware that PWD's even existed, or about the interaction that was about to take place as a result of taking the naloxone intranasally. Within 10 minutes I felt a massive lurch in my stomach, began to sweat profusely, and proceeded to vomit intensely, all while very quickly losing motor ability, and wanting to fall asleep like never before. I also had an incredible urge to pass stool. My partner called for an ambulance, somehow managed to not fall asleep until they came, told them that I took opioids, and told them to give me naloxone. They gave me 1 dose of naloxone IV (I assume 0,4mg). Besides hyperalgesia, I felt almost instantly better, except that it was still difficult to stand up on my own. The next 2-3 hours were spent mostly laying down, sleeping a bit. I was able to go to the washroom by myself after an hour and unloaded. After 3-4 hours, I was able to walk around the neighborhood and was completely back to normal.

Could someone tell me whether this definitely a PWD? And if so, the pharmacodynamics behind why the naloxone IV helped? Would be greatly appreciated!!

Ue definetelyy looks like prec.withdrawl...u were on big dose pure oxy.,..can't help u targin as prescribed.intranasal Naloxone is pretty well absorbed...can't snorted....nothin' bad with haha....just imagine what hell is.ubwoyld not snorted de shit.only pop a pill or two to take the "edge" of symtomps

Can someone please tell me if you can take Methadone after taking Targin?

I usually take Methadone but haven’t had it in a few days, I got a box of Targin yesterday and took a bunch, took a bunch more this morning.

I’ve finally got my methadone after days of not having it.

Will the Naloxone in the Targin block the Methadone from working??