• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Is it possible that it could have absorbed moisture?

Really I think my steps need to be send it to a lab, then step my dose up gradually until I reach the desired effects. I did not have any negative effects from my doses, i don’t think that it is cut with anything active, it was in alignment with the expected effects. I know that the vendor used to be regarded as a great source but there was a change in management leading to worse customer reviews.

I also don’t know how much my microdosing schedule could effect my tolerance, or if I was just expecting something more. I was fully tripping with good visuals akin to maybe 200ug of lsd, but I was expecting the metric that shulgin cited of 20mg = 300ug

I was fully tripping with good visuals akin to maybe 200ug of lsd, but I was expecting the metric that shulgin cited of 20mg = 300ug
I don't think that's universal. Maybe it just depends on the person. 20mg of 2c-e for me was like you describe: fully tripping, but not crazier than (say) 100ug of LSD.

Yeah, not everyone responds to 2C-E the same way. I've heard it described by some as nice, pleasant eye-candy. I don't even find it particularly visual.

Wow, maybe I had just created an image in my head of what 2C-E could be that might not have been grounded in reality.

Totally agree (although I dont actually find it super visual) but the duration, music enhancement and body energy is amazing for dancing

I guess at lowish dosages I could enjoy it as a festival drug. But the bodyload, and confusion of anything over 10 mg would make it a bad choice for me.

I really need to revisit this one. Is been a while ... most mind-bending psychedelic in my experience.

I thought that 2ce gave the most intense musical “boost” of any drug I’ve tried. I used to love laying in bed with music on 2ce.
Had fun with it at a concert before but never took it at a fest

I guess at lowish dosages I could enjoy it as a festival drug. But the bodyload, and confusion of anything over 10 mg would make it a bad choice for me.

I really need to revisit this one. Is been a while ... most mind-bending psychedelic in my experience.
Yeah for me 8-12mg is the sweet spot for festivals. 12mg only if I'm on like day 2 or 3 of tripping (lightly) and have some tolerance built up. I took 14-16mg once and it was just too much for the setting.

I thought that 2ce gave the most intense musical “boost” of any drug I’ve tried. I used to love laying in bed with music on 2ce.
Had fun with it at a concert before but never took it at a fest
I find a lot of psychedelics to be powerful music enhancers, but 2C-E is definitely up there. DPT too.

Im in the camp who is rather hard headed towards 2ce
However there was one instance where 2ce's music enhancement really shone through.
I was listening to Otts Skylon album and the synesthesia was incredible. I chased that experience through, nearly, the rest of my gram, over the years...

What is steadier? Driftwood slowly making its way across a placid lake, or a ship moored at a dock in choppy waters?

The answer, of course, is that it depends on what sort of steadiness you're asking about. A lizard sunbathing on the driftwood might not notice anything amiss until it ends up hopelessly lost. At least the dock workers know exactly where the cargo will be sitting whenever they're asked to unload it, much as it might be tossed around the deck in the meantime. It is with this dual-meaning that I find myself tempted to describe 2C-E, the notoriously "difficult" sibling of the much more popular club drug 2C-B, as the steadier of the two. Exactly what meaning can be taken from this subjective sense of calm I'm not sure. Maybe its turbulent ride through alien states of consciousness is ultimately compensated by the meditative focus that it provokes. Or maybe I'm just insane.

Either way, in PiHKAL, Shulgin qualifies the "difficult" label by describing 2C-E as "worth-while material. A very much worth-while material." I'm inclined to agree.

Maybe its turbulent ride through alien states of consciousness is ultimately compensated by the meditative focus that it provokes.
Well said, I agree. It's a balancing act.
I never found 2C-E to be particularly difficult though. The sense of calm or the strong feeling of neutrality (as people often say) in the face of chaos helps staying grounded. Equivalent doses of some tryptamines are much more daunting imo.

I think of 2C-E as a drug that challenges you to prove to yourself that the world that 2C-E shows you is more than that. It's not just this raw and machinistic environment, there's also this complex being that makes the world beautiful only because he can feel and think, not determined by some physics laws, but guided by emotion and love. This is always the key dynamic for me on 2C-E.

I have a hard time taking 2C-E inside though, I never get much of anywhere and it can kinda feel flooring. Outside and moving is better for me, it eases some of the intensity and the constant environmental stimulus is just fun and makes it kind of a storied trip with points of resolve and stuff like that. So just hours of deep thinking, not "right thinking" per se, but from a certain angle and then the rest is all you.

Equivalent doses of some tryptamines are much more daunting imo.
Without a doubt. They're messier, and while I think the organic chaos tryptamines inject into a trip can be fun, it has its downsides.
I think of 2C-E as a drug that challenges you to prove to yourself that the world that 2C-E shows you is more than that. It's not just this raw and machinistic environment, there's also this complex being that makes the world beautiful only because he can feel and think, not determined by some physics laws, but guided by emotion and love. This is always the key dynamic for me on 2C-E.
When I was young and inexperienced with psychedelics, I happened to take 2C-E around the time I was reading a biography of Nikola Tesla. I remember deeply resonating on the trip with Tesla's reference to animals as "meat machines". There was some sense of being simultaneously human and mechanical.

Similarly, I think part of the paradoxical calm I seem to get with some of these notoriously intense drugs comes from a tendency for me to blur the line between primary, mechanical drug actions, and secondary effects mediated by behavioral responses to those actions. For example, I think psychedelics directly amplify my emotions. Then, in the days following a strong trip, my temporarily increased sensitivity to stress can cause me to self-medicate with other drugs like alcohol or kratom. The wisdom of these decisions is debatable, but anyway, because my use of sedatives was at least indirectly caused by my prior decision to trip, the sedative effect feels very much like an extension of the trip itself: a part of the "afterglow" if you will.

For one final thought on 2C-E and its potential difficulty, I'll say I think liquid dosing is pretty important in order to carefully manage the intensity of the trip without a highly accurate scale, given how sensitive it is to small differences in dosage.

For one final thought on 2C-E and its potential difficulty, I'll say I think liquid dosing is pretty important in order to carefully manage the intensity of the trip without a highly accurate scale, given how sensitive it is to small differences in dosage.

Hey TAC. :) You should drop in social and say hi.

You're right that liquid measurement is preferrable, since even 2mg can make a big difference in how strong 2C-E is. For example, the difference between 14mg and 16mg, and between 16mg and 18mg, is quite profound. With something like, say, 2C-B, the difference of 2mg is very minor, but not so with 2C-E (or even moreso, 2C-P).

Without a doubt. They're messier, and while I think the organic chaos tryptamines inject into a trip can be fun, it has its downsides.
I tried adding 4-HO-MiPT to both 2C-D and 2C-E once. It worked especially well with 2C-D where the miprocin chaos worked really well with the more grounded and physical 2C-D base, it was an excellent combination. Miprocin + 2C-E was fun and intense but the drugs clash more and it didn't feel like there was really a point to it.

When I was young and inexperienced with psychedelics, I happened to take 2C-E around the time I was reading a biography of Nikola Tesla. I remember deeply resonating on the trip with Tesla's reference to animals as "meat machines". There was some sense of being simultaneously human and mechanical.
"meat machines".... it's the 2C-E angle and then you come up with all the "but's", that's what makes it beautiful.
DOx also make me feel like a meat machine, I'm sure it's the amphetamine. It's like you see it and have the choice between not caring, because there's all these other things and I feel this and this, or being stuck in the meat machine mindset and it'll overshadow the whole trip. But if a DOx can make you believe then that's one of the greatest things ever.

I tried 4-AcO-MET on top of 2C-D once, and to my surprise it didn't seem to blend well. Could definitely have been the idiosyncrasy of that particular trip though, or the ratios I used, It's hard to judge on one go, but it has made me hesitant to try similar combos hencewith.

if you taking it rectally you can noticeably lower bodyload and etc.. also need to lower dosage. starting with 3-5mg.

best is to do solution titrating 5 mg in 3 ml of water using syringe (without needle) and split it to 2-3 times. Effects start working almost immidiately and without "hangovers"