• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

Unless kratom somehow blunted the effects or something, 4-ho-DPT seems highly variable from your experience of it. I hope to use it soon. 16mg of the AcO was certainly beyond placebo in my one trial with it, and I expect the ho to be more potent than that. But who knows, my experiences with the same dose of DPT have also been all over the board in terms of sheer intensity.

I feel like the kratom both blunted the effects to a point, but also added something to it as well, especially visually.

Bump

I've gotten very interested in this chemical so i was hoping that other people had got to try it now sense it been almost a year sense the last activity.

So please let hear your stories.

Last edited:
I had a go way back in 2001. 4-Ho-DPT is not like the other psilocin analogues. A bit along the generic lines, and not very potent. I took 75mg orally and had a +++. Not really much to write about as not much happened. It felt DPTish, and wasn't very colorful (DPT for me is not very colorful either) and it made me curious about what an oral dose of DPT would be like. I imagine the two to be very similar.

I had a go way back in 2001. 4-Ho-DPT is not like the other psilocin analogues. A bit along the generic lines, and not very potent. I took 75mg orally and had a +++. Not really much to write about as not much happened. It felt DPTish, and wasn't very colorful (DPT for me is not very colorful either) and it made me curious about what an oral dose of DPT would be like. I imagine the two to be very similar.

Oooh do you have any trip reports?
What did you usually dose? ( light-strong)
A lot of mindfuck? or more visual ?

When you say "wasn't very colorful" does that mean that there were no visuals or that the just wasn't colorful?

Last edited:
^I'm sorry to say I'm still sitting on the stuff. I only have a little and really want to IM or IV it to conserve material. I've had difficulty getting it into solution in the past, though, so I'm waiting to see if others have better luck and can tell me exactly what they did. I ended up plugging one partially undissolved 16 mg mixture in an attempt to salvage a trip and got almost no effects.

From morninggloryseed's experience it's clear that oral is a bust. Insufflation works well but I still prefer to avoid it if IM or IV is a possibility.

It's a lovely and unique material; it's a shame that due to its seemingly low oral bioavailability and lack of reports the only way we're ever likely to get any more is through a somewhat expensive and difficult custom synthesis.

Also, there's a small 4-AcO-DPT thread around somewhere if you didn't know about it.

Last edited:
I've looked into the 4-AcO-DPT but wasn't that much and when it comes to dosage i want to be sure. So that I don't acquire some at a outrageous price.

how long did it last?

Hopefully i'll be recieving a 100mg sample of this in the post sometime soon,
Not many trip reports on this one though... :/

>Oooh do you have any trip reports?

No, didn't write one and there wasn't much that happened to write about.

>What did you usually dose? ( light-strong)

Huh?

>A lot of mindfuck? or more visual
>When you say "wasn't very colorful"
>does that mean that there were no
>visuals or that the just wasn't colorful?

No mindfuck, pretty gentle and smooth, it felt...as I said...mostly like DPT. Whether that is chemical suggestion or not...I'll never know. The visuals were mild visuals as I said, not too colorful. Mostly distortions and some color enhancement...but not much to write home about.

I was sober about 4-5 hours after I took it...so seems longer-lasting as compared to DPT.

I just tried to prepare 20 mg of a new batch for IMing and couldn't get this batch to go into solution at a pH suitable for IMing either (tried citric acid and acetic acid with heat and there's still little chunks; insufflation is definitely the route to go with this). I plugged the liquid instead to salvage it. First effects noted in 15 minutes.

I'm in an extremely pleasant head space right now -- about a plus 1.5 in intensity. It reminds me of mescaline in that it's very gentle but also very deeply satisfying. It's very fine, but very rich as well. I'm going to go see a classical music concert the city is putting on in a park nearby with a few friends and I think this high will be the perfect complement to the evening.

I'm anticipating great things in the 30 - 40 mg insufflated range.

^Yes, that should give you a feeling for what it's about without wading out too deep.

Just had an amazing evening on 4-ho-dpt. Started the evening with some sida cordifolia tea and 1mg clonazepam. The fireworks were canceled last night due to thunderstorms, so they were held tonight. Drank the tea, smoked a bowl and snorted 36mg of 4-ho-dpt (the last of my supply:() on the way out the door. I live less than a mile from the venue, so we walked. I had good music (gogol bordello) on the mp3 and though there were cops everywhere, I felt at ease throughout. Just got back and am enjoying a Fat Tire. Will post full TR asap.

is nasal application really more efficient than oral with this compound? usually, this is not the case for 4-HO-substituted tryptamines, as far as I know.

I think he meant how much do you normally need to get average effects from similar psychedelics. Are you a hardhead?

I would not consider myself a hardhead with most psychedelics, especially tryptamines. With all of the other 4-Ho-Tryptamines.... >20mg is usually sufficient.

is nasal application really more efficient than oral with this compound? usually, this is not the case for 4-HO-substituted tryptamines, as far as I know.
Yes, it appears so. MGS needed 75 mg orally to get to a +++, whereas just 16 mg gets me to the plus *.5 /++ range. I think 35 mg snorted would be enough for a +++ snorted. I guess maybe 4-ho-DPT is uniquely sensitive to being broken down by digestive enzymes. 35 mg plugged was more than enough for a intensely blissful +++ when combined with 17 mg aMT intramuscularly and repeated ketamine and Adderall bumps, and I'm sure insufflation is more potent than plugging. I was extremely impressed with the closed eye visuals and cognitive effects of the combo. Perhaps egor can comment on the intesity of his 35 mg snorted trip.

I'd really like to be able to IM this. If anyone figures out a good way to get it into solution using citric acid or acetic acid please post. It may just be that I didn't leave it long enough to dissolve or didn't heat it enough, but I've been having trouble getting all the chunks to dissolve. If I don't get any answers I think next time I'll just force it through a micron filter and just accept the loss of the chunks as the price of using a more potent ROA.

same problem here. i am very angry about the poor water solubility of the fumarate. i also contacted the vendor to check the batch, but same thing with the new batch. imo the fumarate-form is the problem.

to force it through a micronfilter is imo a bad idea, you will loose a lot of the salt, or the filter gets broken.

better use less 4-ho-dpt or use more water. we have to check how much mg will solve in 1ml water - and then inject in more muscles to handle so much water. i think this is the best way for a first test. if IM is a good ROA, then we have to convert it in a freebase form, and from there back in a hcl-form wich hopefully has a better solubility.

/edit: or bruise it as fine as possible, sterilise it with a few drops ethanol, an IM it with sterile water without a filter?

Last edited:
I remember with the first batch I got about a year ago I was able to get it down to just a few chunks on the bottom with a clear solution on top by using 5 percent acetic acid and heating to near boiling and stirring for about 5 minutes. I think you're right and it is the fumerate because that first batch was from a different supplier (though it could have also been the fumerate/same producer, I don't really know; I like the stability, though). I think I could have probably sucked the liquid off the top without getting any clogged and IM'd it, and then just plugged the chunks at the bottom so as to minimize waist (assuming the chunks would have eventually absorbed that way). Vinegar will sterilize the chemical, too, just leave it at 5 percent for a few minutes while heating then dilute it to at most 2.5 percent acetic acid before injecting because it stings (probably not as bad as ethanol, though). You may be able to lower the pH with sodium bicarbonate, too, just add it slowly if you use vinegar to avoid a 4-ho-DPT volcano! Post back if you try either please.

I guess I'm concerned about turning it to a freebase because I'm not totally sure those chunks will dissolve in a basic solution either, at least not with the kitchen chemistry methods I can do. They won't even dissolve in 90 percent DMSO!

Last edited:
Got my hands on some of this a week ago.

Then yesterday me and a friend found the time to trip and i decided to try 20-25mg (didn't have the time to weight it exactly, but must have been between 20 and 25mg) and my friend took 15mg of 2c-e.

The Come-Up of the 4-ho-dpt was pretty smooth, insufflated two lines about 15mins apart. I peaked around 20min after insufflation.Headspace stayed clear, just had some nice visual distortions: birds in a picture in my friends living room started flying around and the leaves on a tree in his backyard were butterflies opening and closing their wings. Nothing too intense though.

There was no real bodyload, just some physical stimulation and a lot of euphoria.
We smoked some marijuana on the comedown and around 3hours after ingestion I was back at baseline.

I really enjoyed this chemical and I'm looking forward to trying 35mg next week.