• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-AMT Thread

I don't know about ondasetron but I took 10mg buscopan when dropping and never felt my stomach.

I made an account so I could comment on this, it seems not a lot of people have tasted this one. I have tasted a little too much of it a couple times.

Several months back a friend of mine ordered some MXE and we received 5-MeO-aMT instead, we eventually determined this through trials, research and chemical analysis. My first dose was 20mg insufflated, and my friend several more milligrams than that. They were the most intense trips of our lives, clearly nothing like MXE with a duration of well over 30 hours. My friend experienced some serious vascular distress. I understand how irresponsible this was. We were foolish to assume such a drastic mixup couldn't happen and both of us instantly knew that something was not right from the get go in hindsight. 3 other people took -/+20mg doses from this batch and were hospitalized due to not being prepared for the strength of the effects despite being explicitly warned.

Since then, I have narrowed down the effective dose with this batch and ROA to 3-5mg. I have been using insufflation because I believe it reduces the body load. I get much less side effects than most people describe via the oral route, but I don't recommend you go right for this ROA because there have been hazardous reports. The worst side effects I experience are some diuresis and a little bloating diarrhea at about the 10-12th hour which is easily relieved with a few minutes in the bathroom. GI malfunction is genetic in my family anyway, so it's nothing totally abnormal really.

My substance is also a near perfect white crystal, I have heard of orange and red 5-MeO-aMT which seems very wrong. With 3 mg, I can expect a long duration from anywhere from 12-20 hours depending on how much cannabis you use, or if you use any other drugs with it. I have used cocaine with it once and it caused an intense bodyload and bruxism. It is quite stimulating but the bodyload is not unpleasant at all in my experience on it's own, only slightly tiring at the tail of the comedown. I get very little hangover from the stuff, and feel generally great in the morning. It's a triple monoamine releaser and mild MAOI which has been quoted in many papers. Incredibly pleasant in my experience. The visuals are very comparable to LSD and/or PEA's but much "more", there is a very prominent audio element that makes music and general sound absolutely amazing; pitch drops, tone shifts and everything you can imagine in the audio spectrum really, especially after the introduction of cannabis. Some rough dissociation in higher over-doses, with 20mg audio was completely unrecognizable and I felt as if I was on a gram of DXM while in a delirious state, this is of course due totally overshooting the necessary dose. No need to ever get near 10mg in my experience, you can get to the same space with cannabis and meditation.

With this proper dose range it's become my favourite psychedelic so far, and I've gained a real respect for it. I would never underestimate it's effect or put myself in a situation where I'd need to suppress it. It feels very right to me, like a lock and key. It has a lot to offer; visuals abroad, audio effects, stimulation, monoamine release with low dose and long duration. The headspace is not lacking in any aspect either, it's a serious psychedelic. What's not to like? well, it's not as broadly enjoyed as the LSD or Mushroom. From what I've gathered if you enjoy it you really do, and if you don't you really don't. Maybe it's brain/body chemistry, maybe it's good and bad batches. I just know I like it.

Last edited:
Interesting that you found insufflation to reduce the bodyload... I've tried insufflation, oral, and smoking and I found insufflation to be harder on the body than oral. Smoking it... the best way I could describe it would be psychedelic speed. It was way too much for me. Highest body load RoA by a wide margin.

I, too, had a love affair with this chemical and I gave it to a number of my friends and all but one of them enjoyed it. We had 5-MeO-AMT parties as a matter of fact.

Smoking cannabis on it was a feat to say the least. I had some of the lowest grade shwag I had ever had on me and we spent hours trying to smoke that bowl.

If you have a substance that is any color than white that's claimed as 5-MeO-AMT, I'd toss it. 5-MeO-AMT is a very stable chemical - I was careless one night and spilled some when I was weighing out a redose and it sat there for a good 6 months exposed to light and open air and when I finally cleaned it up from behind the table, the powder was still white.

As for dose... We all preferred much higher doses but maybe that's just because we all dosed them highly. I got mine back right after they emergency scheduled AMT and were still shipping in vials and I know it was excellent quality product.

The only RoA I wish I would have tried with it is plugging. I didn't get into plugging until my later years when I was trying to reduce the impact on my body from the nasty MDA/meth/caffeine combo pills we had going around though.

It was definitely one of my favorite psychedelics. I never understood why so many people disliked it but maybe that's a good thing. If I ever want to get it again, its not explicitly scheduled.

I, too, had a love affair with this chemical and I gave it to a number of my friends and all but one of them enjoyed it. We had 5-MeO-AMT parties as a matter of fact.

Definitely the way to go!
The best experience I had with this was essentially treating it as ecstasy - dropped with a load of good friends I was living with, went out dancing. First few hours were energy, dancing, laughter, euphoria... went home and piled all the blankets, cushions, duvets, pillows etc. in a heap in the living room and we nested in a big happy wolf-pack to smoke some smokes and listen to some music. Happy pillhead style tripping ensued, and at some point the sun came up and we all went for a fuzzy walk, feeling a bit burned out but good.

It's many years since I last took this but I don't remember really much in terms of terrible nausea or squits. Maybe I've just got iron bowels though, as not much seems to phase my guts.

I found it very strong in the body, it manifested itself as pretty intense bodyload at the time. I could see maybe how these days I could enjoy it, simply because I tried it like 4 or 5 times when I had hardly tripped on anything yet and it's pretty intense and come-ups used to be very challenging for me. Either that or it doesn't agree with me. I am in no rush to try it again though I probably would. I did have some nice moments on it, but overall it made me anxious and almost slightly in pain. It wasn't really pain, more like sensitivity.

Figured I'd add in as this is back up. A few weeks ago I did another insufflated dose of 3mg , because I have a lot of experience with this stuff I was confident, too confident with my hold on it.

Cannabis seems to effect this stuff wildly for me, but I had gotten used to amp it offered and I decided to feed the onset with a few grams of Cannabis in a "Hawaiian Hotbox". I did that, and I sat in the tub and found I had gnarly tachycardia in excess of 160bpm. Accompanied by this was a tightness and slight pain in the chest; you can imagine what I was thinking and how scared I became. Throughout the experience I was unable to let go of those sensations, I kept feeding myself positive feedback creating tachycardia from panic and fear that I had caused acute cardiac damage (5HT2b agonism and inhibition of the NET already makes this stuff a little rough on cardiac tissues) . I made the mistake of doing a full cardio workout on the comedown to somehow prove to myself that I was okay, I functioned fine but the pain worsened and so did the anxiety. You should never exercise on stimulating drugs especially if you're experiencing these symptoms!

In the following week, i could not lose awareness of heartbeat and the latent pain. Anytime I touched Cannabis I would become tachycardic and aware of a strange sensation in the heart even more. I booked an exam and had my cardiac health and function examined and I turned out as an ideal specimen.

Turns out I must have just stressed my heart a bit with the lengthy fear-anxiety induced tachycardia and the cardio workout aggressed it. After refraining from Cannabis and physical exertion I returned to normal completely.

I guess what I'd like to say is not to feed the onset of this chemical with too much Cannabis, it put me in a severe state of fear and anxiety that left lasting imprints that were hard to overcome. I still love this chemical, but I seriously reevaluated my understanding of it after this experience.

The mind is powerful, and you are always at its mercy.

Figured I'd add in as this is back up. A few weeks ago I did another insufflated dose of 3mg , because I have a lot of experience with this stuff I was confident, too confident with my hold on it.

Cannabis seems to effect this stuff wildly for me, but I had gotten used to amp it offered and I decided to feed the onset with a few grams of Cannabis in a "Hawaiian Hotbox". I did that, and I sat in the tub and found I had gnarly tachycardia in excess of 160bpm. Accompanied by this was a tightness and slight pain in the chest; you can imagine what I was thinking and how scared I became. Throughout the experience I was unable to let go of those sensations, I kept feeding myself positive feedback creating tachycardia from panic and fear that I had caused acute cardiac damage (5HT2b agonism and inhibition of the NET already makes this stuff a little rough on cardiac tissues) . I made the mistake of doing a full cardio workout on the comedown to somehow prove to myself that I was okay, I functioned fine but the pain worsened and so did the anxiety. You should never exercise on stimulating drugs especially if you're experiencing these symptoms!

In the following week, i could not lose awareness of heartbeat and the latent pain. Anytime I touched Cannabis I would become tachycardic and aware of a strange sensation in the heart even more. I booked an exam and had my cardiac health and function examined and I turned out as an ideal specimen.

Turns out I must have just stressed my heart a bit with the lengthy fear-anxiety induced tachycardia and the cardio workout aggressed it. After refraining from Cannabis and physical exertion I returned to normal completely.

I guess what I'd like to say is not to feed the onset of this chemical with too much Cannabis, it put me in a severe state of fear and anxiety that left lasting imprints that were hard to overcome. I still love this chemical, but I seriously reevaluated my understanding of it after this experience.

The mind is powerful, and you are always at its mercy.

It could just be this business of 'body load' and energy however - I'm sure doing strenuous exercise on something that is pushing energy through you is not always a great idea (why sadly clubs are terrible places to use drugs!) but at least channeling it in some way 'lets it out'. To sit and try to relax in a bath on something so stimulating seems counter-intuitive to me, and I can see how it would find its way out in anxiety.

Wow, several grams of cannabis in a hotbox? No wonder, that's a shitload!

It could just be this business of 'body load' and energy however - I'm sure doing strenuous exercise on something that is pushing energy through you is not always a great idea (why sadly clubs are terrible places to use drugs!) but at least channeling it in some way 'lets it out'. To sit and try to relax in a bath on something so stimulating seems counter-intuitive to me, and I can see how it would find its way out in anxiety.

I absolutely agree, it WAS counter-intuitive. All I did was sit there and become more alarmed for over an hour, the experience was still wonderful.. transcendental even. But I felt as if I had payed the ultimate price for it at the time, thankfully that was not the case. It was totally irrational to assume I had done damage, as I have taken 20mg of this stuff with the same ROA (which is not safe, there had been a mixup) and repaired with no lasting effects.

Wow, several grams of cannabis in a hotbox? No wonder, that's a shitload!

Too much, way too much. What was I thinking? cannabis already elevates heartrate and can aggravate anxiety and irrational thinking on it's own. I had been way too confident, a greedy bastard looking to blast his face with sensory distortions. I've learned my lesson.

Re-awakening this thread in the hope that some people might have the same idea as me.

My first trips on 5meoamt was on blotters of 4mg, I used 2-2,5mg and had great trips. Cannabis was always consumed throughout. In hindsight, 2 was a tad too low and 2,5 a bit too high*, so I figured 2,25 would be best. Since this was difficult to obtain from blotter I ordered powder form. I received a lot more than I ordered so I'm sitting on more Alpha-O than I can ever take or give away.

*Too low meaning, when at a festival very few people would recognize that I was under the influence, and I could deal with more psychedelia. (I was feeling very good though)
Too high meaning: at a rave, i had to take a seat and close my eyes more than once, and this lead immediatly to an intense meditative state, completely with seeing realized beings through my third eye. Definetly not uncomfortable, but not really what I was looking for on a night of dancing. I remember security staff being extremely friendly, they were not used to someone sitting in lotus with techno blasting through the speakers.

Coming to the point: since I have more than enough I started playing with the idea of microdosing with it. I really like 1mg aMT microdoses and since this one is roughly 10x stronger I thought 100mics (throug volumetric dosing in white rum) would be a good starting point. (This way I can also save my precious aMT for other occasions ;)).

I'm 1 hour into my first 100mics experiment and can already feel it. Awake, alert, less muscle tension (a complaint I have to deal with sometimes) and feeling generally motivated. Going to yoga class in 2 hours and looking forward to it.

Are there other people who tried this? Google search turned up nothing.

Eager to hear from you folks!

This stuff used to be common... the original LSD adulterant. I tried it about 6 times back in 2006, I found it jangly with quite the bodyload, yet also very psychedelic. And very different from AMT.