View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - First Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
^And it looks brown enough to be "worthless" non-5-meo anyway.

My 2g sample of 5-meo-dmt just came in today,

Can I smoke this out of my vaporizer with a little bud (if so, what temp?) or should I make the "machine"

a vaporizer doesn't really allow for enough fumes to actually be pulled in at once... you need giant hits (at least, I'm extrapolating this from smoking/vaping n,nDMT so i COULD be wrong)

you don't even need to build the machine honestly, layer it with a little ash in a bong and you'll get ripped, easy.

Preciate it, I don't have much psychedelic experience. Just a few acid trips/shrooms. So I'm thinking I'll do 10mg to hopefully break through, I have bad experiences with salvia, being on the verge of "breaking through" causes extreme discomfort & panic, only happened once all other salvia trips were great

So I'm thinking I will be fine if I completely break through and can't control it?

From what other posters here have said, it sounds advisable to start insufflating (snorting) it first to ease into the experience - 5-MeO-DMT, as much as salvia, consistently causes feelings of acute panic for a lot of people when vaped during the come up. That come up time and intensity is reduced when snorting - might give you an idea of what you're in for before you plunge in.

Either way you'll be fine in the end though :)

I'm not into snorting things, I'd rather panic for a few minutes :)

Ill have a friend snort it though, he's had bad salvia trips but doesn't mind snorting

Having both smoked and snorted 5-MeO-DMT, I don't think snorting is an effective way to reduce the chance of panic/anxiety. In fact, I think there is more potential for things to go awry on an insufflated trip. The come up happens more gradually, allowing you to feel yourself become increasingly overwhelmed, giving you more time to futilely resist the coming onslaught, freaking yourself out. The fast transition of a smoked trip lessons the potential for panic in my opinion, you don't have time to think yourself into a freak out. All you can do is hang on for the ride. Also, if things do go negatively on the come-up, an insufflated trip lasts a good deal longer than a smoked trip.

Snorting is best reserved for experienced 5-MeO-DMT users.

So ive smoked it a few times. Haven't broken through yet but I'm pretty sure I'm not smoking it right, Or not holding it in long enough.

The come up is fucking intense but I'm always able to handle it without freaking out.

Now I let a friend try it (he'd never even heard of it) I gave him a break through dose and lit the bong for him, he broke through. Even though he threw up everywhere he loved it

Having both smoked and snorted 5-MeO-DMT, I don't think snorting is an effective way to reduce the chance of panic/anxiety. In fact, I think there is more potential for things to go awry on an insufflated trip. The come up happens more gradually, allowing you to feel yourself become increasingly overwhelmed, giving you more time to futilely resist the coming onslaught, freaking yourself out. The fast transition of a smoked trip lessons the potential for panic in my opinion, you don't have time to think yourself into a freak out. All you can do is hang on for the ride. Also, if things do go negatively on the come-up, an insufflated trip lasts a good deal longer than a smoked trip.

Snorting is best reserved for experienced 5-MeO-DMT users.

Ditto that.

you need giant hits (at least, I'm extrapolating this from smoking/vaping n,nDMT so i COULD be wrong)

I will take the time now to point out that in this case you are wrong. 5-meo-DMT is much more potent than n,n-DMT, and requires 4-6 times less material than n,n-DMT.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_article1.shtml

Any time I have smoked 5-meo-DMT, it only needs a little bit of heat from a plain ol' bic lighter, but it is necessary to hold the smoke in for at least 10 seconds. And 5 mgs of 5-meo-DMT smoked is although still relatively mild from a 5-meo-DMT point of view, still *quite* the experience. 5 mgs of n,n-DMT is hardly anything at all. 5 mgs of 5-meo-DMT can still provide some very very powerful experiences, especially if one is not that familiar with 5-meo-DMT.....which I am not. I have only used this chemical a handful of times, but it's a good one !!!

I mistakenly snorted 50mg of this stuff for my first time. I was never so happy to come out of a trip before. My first words to my buddy were " Am I alive?" They said yes. I've never been so happy in my life! I feel like I want to write a report about it, but it seems I can't even think of what to say. I died and my soul was floating through hell.

^ Good Lord 50mg snorted is a HUGE overdose of this substance. May I ask: what was "hell" like... visually, emotionally or whatever other modes you can verbalize?

It felt like this was the devil's way at getting back at everyone. Or this is what its like for the world to end/restart a new human race. It was dark with no light at all. I was scared shitless like this is how I am going to go this is it I'm going to die.

It felt like my soul was being ripped apart and I couldn't accept that I was dying at first. Just when I came to think I'm ready to die I was opening my eyes and began speaking to my buddy.

^^^ overdosed Saturday morning, exactly the same thing happened. No visuals, straight dead, ears ringing, my entire vision was filled with light, the light was so bright and filled my entire vision it was basically dark.

Can't even explain the way my body felt, it was exploding with... Idk.

I also asked my friend if I was alive after I could see again as well, apparently I was "dead" for 25 minutes.

I just wrote the trip report although idk if you can call 5meo-dmt over dose "breakthroughs" a trip. I was just flat out dead.

Woke up with so much fucking sweat. All my clothes, soaked.

Good way to introduce your brain cells to this in a friendly way is to dissolve 20mg in 2ml of vodka, rinse thoroughly with Listerine or store brand mouthwash containing both alcohol and menthol to increase absorption from mouth tissues, and then dose it sublingual in 2 1mg "hits", hold under tongue or somewhere in mouth despite excess salivation for 10mins each then swallow (more could be absorbed on the way down or thru lining of stomach.)

VERY glowey but not overwhelming... easy slow comeup... floaty cosmic happy vibes. Message: this molecule is my friend.

This should reduce anxiety having already been exposed to it, when you try the next step... best way to do it... 3g ground Syrian Rue (short term reversible MaoA inhibitor), after 45mins 10mg 5MeoDMT dissolved in alcohol, swallowed. Over the next 15-60 mins View all atoms and molecules and the very fabric of spacetime itself become luminous participants in consciousness that your brain has merely temporarily trapped a bubble of... feel overwhelming vibe of LOVE LOVE LOVE coming from The One And Only Original Mind that we are all being dreamt by.

Enjoy!

Doesn't the combination of MAOi's and 5-MeO-DMT amplify the bodyload in a bad way? If not, then it sound like a worthwhile combination!

I didnt think so. I got a faster hear rate, but no worse than mild exercise... other than than the only body "load" was just a rather blissful euphoric buzzing energy that to be honest felt really nice.

There will still be ALOT of astonishment as your brain goes "OMFG, this is so totally unlike anything else I have ever felt that the only possible explanation is I am about to die... OH HOLY CRAP! FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!" If this happens just breath deeply and calm yerseff down and bitchslap your stupid brain to stop being such a crybaby! Time to quell your autonomic self-defense fear reactions is another benefit of the slower comeup doing it orally that is pretty much totally impossible to do via smoke/snort. Just try KEEP IN MIND that such an automatic "Oh Crap" reaction is just some chemical brain brain self defense mechanism to an unfamiliar state, the keep remembering to hush it down, you are only doing a drug, and will be normal again in an hour or less so tell yourself to just to enjoy the ride and your freaking brain to just grow up and go with it, haha.

10mg is a fairly modest dose oral with rue. I would start there and go higher only with much caution in very small increments. This should be a pretty strong ride, but the thing is doing it this way it comes on ALOT slower than smoking or snorting which are pretty much instantaneous... gives your body a chance to adjust and compensate, and your mind a chance to observe, think about, watch the mental transformation that occurs. Smoke/Snort is just like being slammed headfirst through a wall. NOT pleasant and very hard to learn anything from except perhaps "YAAAUGHHHLBRBLDaRHBADJKKBFH!!!!!!"

Last edited:
I've learned quite a bit from snorted and smoked 5-MeO-DMT, but if the bodyload is so little, I'll certainly try it somewhere in the future. Have you ever combined it with caapi?

Status
Not open for further replies.