• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

While vaping does anyone else's piece become rainbow irridiscent and start spew forth impossible amounts of vapor sometimes colorful vapor? It's like almost half the fun of vaping to me :D

While vaping does anyone else's piece become rainbow irridiscent and start spew forth impossible amounts of vapor sometimes colorful vapor? It's like almost half the fun of vaping to me :D
This is from vaporizing 5-MeO-MiPT freebase or still as a salt? Mostly it becomes a sort of violet to crimson color and it stains the shit out of an oil burner. I find it more effective to mix it into some PG/VG and vape it that was with an RDA tank and mod box.

I vaped some 5meo-met once which i believed to be met. The Trip was nice but with the 5meos ill Stick to oral or rectal administration.
I seriously think vaporizing 5-MeO-MiPT and/or 5-MeO-DiPT in an e-liquid is the best RoA available.

This is from vaporizing 5-MeO-MiPT freebase or still as a salt? Mostly it becomes a sort of violet to crimson color and it stains the shit out of an oil burner. I find it more effective to mix it into some PG/VG and vape it that was with an RDA tank and mod box.
I mean that I imagine it. And I've only vaped the salt which still gives a helluva rush. I do want to give freebase a go at some point but who knows when I'll do that. I know it's not really vibrant hyper hd prismatic colors and/or pouring out at impossible volumes melding with the ebb and flow of the walls and furniture but it's fun to watch while I barely have any idea of who or what I am much less what I'm doing.

Yes, it is a difficult clean and if you add a stim on top of your burnt moxy the next day you might be in for a surprise! I don't recommend.

Last edited:
I seriously think vaporizing 5-MeO-MiPT and/or 5-MeO-DiPT in an e-liquid is the best RoA available.

Dont think so, the 5methoxy group is liable to degradation when heated, it leaves behind black goo.

Dont think so, the 5methoxy group is liable to degradation when heated, it leaves behind black goo.
Does it still do so with e-liquid? I would have guessed that the boiling point of PG/VG would still be below the temperature at which 5-MeO-MiPT would be likely to decompose. Putting the material straight onto heating coils (rather than nebulizing it in solution) would be a different story.

Perhaps it works better with an e-cig, perhaps it just clads the coil.

Does it still do so with e-liquid? I would have guessed that the boiling point of PG/VG would still be below the temperature at which 5-MeO-MiPT would be likely to decompose. Putting the material straight onto heating coils (rather than nebulizing it in solution) would be a different story.
+1

It leaves behind black goo if you overheat it and cause it to polymerize. Otherwise I've had much success in vaporizing it in an e-liquid solution, but I've also found success in vaporizing it straight up as long as care is given to not apply too much heat. The window in which it will become an inhalable vapor, between its melting- and boiling-points is narrow, but it's doable and definitely effective, make no mistake about it.

(@Hexagon Sun ) → In e-liquid I've found Moxy and Foxy are even better protected, and I routinely make up 0.5 mL cartridges of the stuff. Tends to be less nauseating this way, too.

It's all about adjusting things just so in order to facilitate vaporization without scorching the product, and that's true whether in e-solution or placed directly on e-mesh, coils, a ceramic disk, or whatever. With a little trial and error, it's not too hard to figure out how to make vape happen.

Last edited:
Any idea what the melting & boiling point are (for the freebase)?

> “MELTING POINT
> “As to melting points, some in the literature are of plant isolates and other are of synthetic samples. A brief and incomplete survey has revealed the following numbers, all in °C: 44, 44.6-46.8, 46, 47, 48-49, 49-50, 56-57, 57-59, 58-60, 64-67, 67 and 67-68. The 58-60 and 64-67 values are from the Aldrich Chemical Company, for samples bearing the purity claims of "puriss" and 99+% "Gold Label" resp. The Merck Index gives the very early, very low values of 46 °C and 44.6-46.8 °C and claimes that the bp is 60-80 °C with atmospheric pressure being implied. It is clearly in error on both matters. No evidence has been published suggesting polymorphism. The published mp values for the trimethyl quaternary iodide span the range from 188 °C to 233 °C, including in-between values of 197 °C and 216-217 °C. This physical property is of limited value.”

—Alexander Shulgin from (DMT TiHKAL entry)

Wouldn't be easier to just get a vape with temperature control, set a precise value and just evaporate the substance from a mesh? Like the DMT e-mesh method.

Wouldn't be easier to just get a vape with temperature control, set a precise value and just evaporate the substance from a mesh? Like the DMT e-mesh method.
Easier than what?

I've set up e-mesh before following guides people have put up on Reddit. Not every temp control model is the same, some work better than others, and anyway the melting point / vaping point of DMT isn't THAT narrow to warrant an attempt at strict TC. I've tried this with the GeekVape Aegis, the Smok G-PRIV 2, and an Eleaf Invoke. So far, the Smok G-PRIV 2 seems to perform the best in terms of reactivity to temperature changes according to the little tests I've run with a laser thermometer.

You have to know how to set up the mesh properly, and I don't find it very easy or useful as each and every hit has to be setup prior to vaping. It's a little bit complicated when everyone's already tripping, say, on LSD and you'd like to pass around a vape with some friends… loading it correctly each time can be tricky. The deemers wants to go all over the place, sometimes running down the mesh and getting into the contacts. It's bad about not staying on the mesh. So I modified the approach in several key ways, and ultimately I think it's maybe best to create an e-juice from your DMT + 3:7 PG/VG; but you have to get used to building coils from wire and loading it properly w/cotton to wick up the juice from the tank's well. Most of the guides I've seen suggest vaping from just the mesh alone, and I've found this isn't very practical, as loading the mesh can be insufficient and difficult. It comes down to medium logistics.

I get the feeling that a DMT vape juice squonk box is the real way to go, but I haven't attempted it yet.

My go-to devices for DMT are as follows in descending order of preference:
  1. The Yocan Torch (attached to a bubbler) – easy to blast off, small size = portable, and the adapter fits virtually any bubbler. Plus price is lower than other e-nails, like…
  2. The Dabtech Duvo (or any Puffco Peak knock off – the Peak is $400+, so buy used or save money w/copycats) – makes vaporizing DMT stupid easy; use the low heat settings, lacquer the DMT with brief heat pulses before hitting it or it can suck the DMT through partially, wasting the hit.
  3. The Yocan Magneto – an e-nail pen w/disposable atomizer tanks, snaps together w/strong magnets. There's a threaded bottom piece in which to keep a small stash.
  4. "The Machine" – a small, inverted liquor miniature bottle with a hole drilled in the bottom to breathe through, and the neck stuffed w/ DMT-lacquered steel mesh heated w/standard cig. lighter. Low-tech but effective and charming once technique is mastered.
One important thing I've learned is that DMT is easier to vaporize from metal than it is from glass. When DMT is in an oil burner (read: meth pipe) for example, when it melts to liquid, the liquid is very viscous and has a tendency to "run away" from the flame in all directions, precluding the big hit needed for a breakthrough experience. Hence the above list. That said, I've often wondered if a “nectar collector” could be used to break through.

EDIT:
Sorry, I realize I'm rattling on and on about DMT vaping on a thread about 5-MeO-MiPT. In an attempt to tie it together, while one could consider any of the above methods of DMT consumption w/r/t vaporizing the aforementioned 5-MeO-MiPT (and the diisopropyl homologue as well), I feel the e-liquid method is most effective with that compound because of its easy route of administration, the lessened amount of body load and time commitment to tripping, and the relative protection to the molecule offered by the heat buffering effects of PG/VG solution.

Last edited:
Hello,

Has anyone had any experience of 5 meo mpit and ODSMT together? Research tells me that they should not interact badly, but I want to hear from people with actual experience.

Generally I only boof about 5mg Mipt but that is plenty to get me fucked up. I get all the fun stuff, but I also get bad anxiety and was hoping Odsmt could alleviate this.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

THis is the 5-MeO-DiPT thread, not -MiPT. I'll move this to there.

I have combined psychedelics and opioids many times, there shoudn't be anything to worry about.

One important thing I've learned is that DMT is easier to vaporize from metal than it is from glass. When DMT is in an oil burner (read: meth pipe) for example, when it melts to liquid, the liquid is very viscous and has a tendency to "run away" from the flame in all directions, precluding the big hit needed for a breakthrough experience. Hence the above list. That said, I've often wondered if a “nectar collector” could be used to break through.

I can confirm that a standard bong-style dab rig works great. I gave my bandmate a hit of DMT to do in his, and he easily took it all in one massive hit, and promptly broke through and had a peak experience.

I can confirm that a standard bong-style dab rig works great. I gave my bandmate a hit of DMT to do in his, and he easily took it all in one massive hit, and promptly broke through and had a peak experience.
I brokethrough on a dab rig, my only breakthrough, but I needed a lot of material probably because of bad vaping technique
I used the blowtorch to get the titanium nail to red, then waited some seconds since it was non-red and then threw the powder/waxy DMT, it was a big dose, didn't work with 40mg or so... and it was a good extraction...

Oh yeah I tell people all the time to mimic doing dabs basically. Only caveat is to use less heat and to clear what you hit, otherwise it tends to burn the deems.

No but I was talking about doing a “hot rail” of DMT, so to speak, and how viable that route might or might not be.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm talking about heating up a glass tube's tapering end to where it's nearly red hot and then using it like a "nectar collector" over top of a line of DMT whilst inhaling the resultant vapor.

Last edited: