• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Proscaline Thread

Have been taking it for more than two weeks and it appears to be almost side effect free (residual stimulation persist on the 12-13th hour - subtle but interferes with sleep) at doses 8-10mg a day, combines nicely with pretty much all supplements that I usually take.

On days when I dose Proscaline, I avoid taking too much other stimulating substances. Russian anxiolytic drug Fabomotizole goes heavenly with Proscaline - the best antidepressant feel without being obviously high that I've experienced (especially with kratom on top)! %)

I am particularly interested in anti-aggression action of psychoactives and Proscaline fits the bill neatly for me.

I have also noticed that the best effect is achieved if I take P every other day or as needed, not every day.

IME Proscaline is waaaay more effective as an anti-depressant than Bupropion. And the reason why I mention it is that I have found that there is a similarity in their subjective anti-depressant qualities, maybe both substances activate certain receptors in a similar way?

I also really like that Proscaline is pretty potent (compared to other x-scalines) and only requires such small doses for a good feel that lasts all day. So far, I'm asking myself "Whats not to like about it?". I will continue using it as needed for heavier stress work days and on days when feeling dark blue.

I wonder if Big Pharma would ever consider using X-scalines molecular design to create pharmaceutical drugs, I think it is worth exploring it. 8)

Recently decided to have a pleasant afternoon with Proscaline and combined 30mg of it with 16mg of 4-HO-MiPT, while preloaded with some vitamins (I also was taking quazi-stimulants earlier that day) and 500mg of Phenibut. The result was surprisingly strong! I am glad I didnt go anywhere as I was at a full +++ for three hours or so and only could lay down with my girl listening to the music with the eyes closed. 8(

This trip started unusual as me and my girl took the mix of Proscaline and 4-HO-MiPT as we were getting intimate so the come up was happening during climax. I have never tried taking psychedelics during sex, its usually the other way around...8) I think it had contributed greatly to the trip quality! ;)

Normally 4-HO-MiPT does not cause music enhancement, not like LSD or phenethylamines would but it causes deep interpretation patterning, so coupled with Proscaline's and Phenibut's awesome ability to enhance music and sounds, I was blown out by the powerful synergistic effects! 8o

Upon closing eyes, beautiful colorful visuals emerged as moving repetitive patterns on grey cloth, I could even feel how soft and fuzzy that cloth was! The patterns included images of eastern motifs for some reasons (I was listening to Ashra Temple, live album Ashra from Germany) - there were abundance of elephants made of gold with dark green and deep purple precious stones incrustations, there were tigers, snakes and there was the moment where that grey cloth of ocean for my visuals started rippling and getting flooded with rich blood colored squiggles and ornaments, that looked like millions of eyes, leaking out and filling the whole view eventually - it was a majestic view! :)

It was some of the most euphoric states I have ever been (no serotonin releaser never made me feel like that) and it was so surprising!
I was shaking for few hours during the peak because I was overcome with orgasmic force that felt like was leaking out through my being and into my girl whom I was hugging and kissing all this time. I saw my girl as a goddess Ishtar and her love as the greatest blessing and the deepest source of joy!
Needless to say, that experience brought us so much closer together.:)

What is interesting is that I have taken even larger amount of P with 4-AcO-MiPT a year ago or so and it was very different, nice but nowhere close to what I felt this time. Incredible, hard to describe feelings of Samadhi and Nirvana was experienced and I am deeply grateful for it! :D

decided to start low with 15 mg plugged

im 3 hours in, barelly anything. threshold dose. I may feel more relaxed with very slight changes in visual acuity. no music appreciation increase

15mg is definitely very low, even plugged. Better safe than sorry I suppose. :)

A few notes on Proscaline

I’ve recently revisited Proscaline, which I’ve had at 50 mg oral about 3-4 years ago. That time resulting in a nice, mild trip with warm colors and stimulation lasting 14 hours. This morning I took Proscaline again, this time by plugging (fasting). The evening before, I had taken 1,1 g of Phenibut. And I probably had some slight tolerance as I did 10 mg 2C-B 3 days ago. I’d guess it may have reduced effects by maybe 10-20%. Set & setting was pretty good.

I had a dose of 38 mg, divided in two and taken 20 min apart in order to reduce any nausea. Strangely I only felt slight alteration of headspace from those 2 doses. I had expected a rather quick come up… So 2 hours later I took an additional 14 mg. In total 62 mg rectally administrated. Probably equal to 100-110 mg oral (adjusted for tolerance). So PiHKAL's dosages seem to be too low, or rectal administration does not double the effects (which I've read that it should).

Within 10 min of the last dose it came on quite strong making me a bit restless. I was quite “intoxicated” from then on and felt like I’d have difficulty to appear normal. After 30 – 60 min I reached a plateau which lasted for 4-5 hours. Music became so much greater and felt very 3D. I experienced slight nausea a few times and once I got the taste of what I imagine rotten cactus may taste like in my mouth. Some ginger tea made it better. Touch felt very magical, maybe more towards MDMA than 2C-B. Got slight tracers and a keyboard with rainbow halos around the letters and very saturated colors! Sex was marvelous! On par with 2C-B, though a different feeling. Closed eyes I got some sparkling diamonds in red & green, but nothing to write home about. Had a strong social need and was on the verge to call people and tell them how I miss them and appreciate them. Though as a rule I don't when tripping, but I almost broke the rule on Proscaline. So quite stong empathogenic effect!

I had two small epiphanies. I felt/saw (in my mind’s eye so to speak) a presence of an elderly native American man who felt like a relative, maybe ha even said that he was – I don’t remember now. He said that our culture which only focuses on effectiveness and short term gain is a disease threatening our planet. His message being that I need to help more people change their values & ideals so we consume less and cares more for Gaia /our planet.

I saw a spider and became awe-struck thinking that as I was “god” (like everything living also is “god”) and delighted in seeing myself in the spider!

If not a bit emotionally numbed from Phenibut, I’d probably have cried a little as I have some grief. Felt bad not being able to. It ended in a slow comedown for another 5-6 h.

All in all, a nice compound which I would buy again if available. Though I have some left, I’ll probably choose a lysergamide or a 2C–X compound next time. But surely there is some cactus spirit in the molecule! Thank you Dr. David Nichols for making this compound!

Thanks for the mini-report. :)

One thing, that surprises me you get emotional blunting from phenibut. Phenibut always makes me feel very emotional, I feel all of my emotions more intensely, although it certainly facilitates a positive emotional state.

Also of note, Dr. Shulgin first made/explored this, not Nichols. :)

Interesting thread....I've been sitting on some proscaline and escaline for quite a while and never tried either. Think I may give plugging them a go closer to the holidays.

Last edited:
I really want to try escaline, I have some but it is supposedly not a very good synth, so I'm wary. Proscaline is nice, but lacking, IMO. I did have one really nice experience with it where my music playing and listening was enhanced beautifully, but that was not the case the next time I tried it and instead it was just a bit edgy with no particularly redeeming qualities. The first time it was really nice though.

Hmm, i think the main reason I haven't tried either was because I hadn't heard any glowing reviews but I've never tried Mescaline and so was hoping those two would be close enough an experience. Reckon a combo would be good?

I think proscaline would combo with other psychedelic great, though I haven't tried. I have heard escaline is a lot more similar to mescaline. But mescaline is wonderful and no one says the others truly compare. Mescaline is easy to get, just get some cactus.

Ah ok, I guess I was just being lazy when I bought the two compounds because they didn't require any preparation...then I thought I was going to finally try Mescaline this year as I'd made a friend in a different city who invited me to come try his cactus concoctions but then corona struck so that got postponed :(

Also of note, Dr. Shulgin first made/explored this, not Nichols.
Though I'm not 100% certain who actually made proscaline first, Nichols published how to synthesize it before Shulgin. And I think I've heard Nichols say he made it - but I don't trust my memory these days. 🙂