Welcome to the Big & Dandy Salvia Divinorum Thread
LEFT: Sally D plant RIGHT: Salvinorin A
LEFT: Sally D plant RIGHT: Salvinorin A
wiki paraphrased said:
Salvia divinorum (also known as Diviner's Sage, Ska María Pastora, Seer's Sage, and by its genus name Salvia) is a psychoactive plant which can induce "visions" and other hallucinatory experiences. Its native habitat is in cloud forest in the isolated Sierra Mazateca of Oaxaca, Mexico.
Salvia divinorum is generally understood to be of low toxicity (high LD50) and low addictive potential since it is a κ-opioid agonist and a great deal of research has indicated that κ-opioid agonist activation of the kappa opioid receptor as shown by salvia may, in fact, serve as a potent addiction treatment therapy.
Salvia divinorum remains legal in most countries and, within the United States, is legal in the majority of states.
Despite it's generally legal status, the effects of Salvia can be extremely powerful and the drug must be taken with proper preparation, care and respect!
Salvinorin A is the main active psychotropic molecule in Salvia divinorum, a Mexican plant which has a long history of use as an entheogen by indigenous Mazatec shamans. Salvinorin A is considered a dissociative exhibiting atypically psychedelic effects.
It is structurally distinct from other naturally occurring hallucinogens (such as DMT, psilocybin, and mescaline) because it contains no nitrogen atoms; hence, it is not an alkaloid (and cannot be rendered as a salt) but a terpenoid. It also differs in subjective experience, compared to other hallucinogens, and has been described as dissociative.
Salvinorin A can produce psychoactive experiences in humans with a typical duration of action being several minutes to an hour or so, depending on the method of ingestion.
FIRST PAGE - LAST PAGE
External Information Links:
Daniel J Sieberts Homepage- Discoverer of Salvinorin Compounds
Salvia and the conveyor belt thread- thread discussing visual effect of salvia ingestion.
Posts from the end of the previous thread:
I was wondering if you guys feel any emotional mood lift (euphoria) or physical sensations on salvia. I find it physically very uncomfortable and devoid of positive emotions but some of my friends have experienced differently so I was just curious.
i know its wastefull but i made a salvia joint [ 20X ] on MXE.....stuck a memory stick in my x-box to look for a movie to watch.
accidently ended up watching a slide show of photos instead...was a very thought provoking, life afirming and moving few minutes.
Once the joint was over the salvia left me very quickly and i was left with my beer and dorritos feeling utterly stunned and quite sad it was over.
as for a breakthrough on MXE ? i've heard it lasts longer....but dont have the balls to try it
ps. re salvia in a joint....it is a waste...i held in each toke for a long time....holding tobacco smoke in for so long is not a nice thing to do to yourself...i would only recomend it on MXE...
Salvia is one of my fave legal highs, i remember the first time one of mates got me to take a few hits from the bong, good times I'll sum up what i've learnt into one post:
Taking it properly
- A turbo lighter brings the most out of what you're smoking. You can use a normal lighter, but the experiance won't be as strong.
- I have only twice smoked it in a joint, and those times really didn't do much. The best by FAR is smoking it through a bong. Smoking it on its own works fine.
- I've found the most important thing is to take deep tokes, and hold in the smoke for as long as you can. It seems salvia needs to be exposed to your lungs for a while to get through properly, or some shit.
- Salvia is a mind expanding, thought provoking drug. It is not for nights out because it makes you trip balls and lasts a short amount of time; 10-30 mins.
- The experiance for each trip and each person is individual, so although taking it with friends is cool, keep this in mind
- Like with many drugs, but particularly with salvia, a comfortable environment is key, so be with mates and in a friendly/familiar place. Items around you tend to be the focus of your trip. I think being with people you don't know that well could put you on a bad trip.
- As with most things start out with weaker strains (extracts) and build yourself up to higher ones
- Like many say, this drug demands respect because the halluncinations are real strong.
- Writing down or making a concious effort to remember your trips can enhance your future ones
I find it's really nice to smoke outside, like in fields and woods. You tend to feel connected with nature and the elements I have this recurring theme of seeing tiny people living in places, like in walls, carpet and other stuff. I've also had fits of uncontrollable laughter at stupid things, thought my back was a drill, lost track of time and space and thought my mate's shoe was a holy relic. A friend of mine thought my mate was a tree because he was holding a branch, someone else thought he was literally walking on sunshine, and one time thought he was being eaten by his sofa. One of my mates thought his body seperated into multiple entities and went for multiple adventures simultaneously.
Lots of great experiances and stories come from this stuff :D I often smoke it after going out, seems alcohol can prolong the effects, too.
So I don't really know what's the deal, but everytime I smoke salvia I get this really unique gustatory hallucination. It's like the most original, delicious flavor known to exist; it surely doesn't taste like the herb. I'm often too flabbergasted to really enjoy it, but the taste is consistenly present. Am I the only one?