• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

I do see the old money people as a problem but a better system of distribution of real wealth can result in far more wealthy people, we really do have the material resources already. For example the American housing market has over 10 million empty houses currently, most small nations could move in and not displace a single American. Shockingly despite huge housing reserves millions of Americans are homeless. This is capitalism at its worst. When I can own all the housing or clothing and force you to secure a slavery style loan that keeps you working for me for 30 years it doesn't take much to see how greed has instilled itself into our acceptable norm.

We all want to own a second or third home and have a family of less fortunate people work hard to keep paying us so we dont need to work at all. Sadly just taking care of money becomes a full time job and just owning homes and collecting rent ends up taking all our time. I like to think of the time I spend on this planet as having purpose beyond just sustaining my short existence. How boring is playing monopoly all day everyday.

To make our world great we just need to get back to work. We need to educate our population and developed a stable economy that has humanity as its core resource and core concern. We are a lot closer then most people think and we certainly have the wisdom to see the need individually. It becomes like getting on the freeway and driving in rush hour, there are always people that just don't follow highway rules yet most do. If we drove like we do business there would be death everywhere. Somehow we can see how being thoughtfully aware of each other is useful while driving but we become greedy when it comes to money.

If you can squeeze money out of being a real think in your mind it really does change how silly the world looks. The only scarcity we currently have is the fictionally created money and we specifically created it to be scarce so it could be used as a carrot to encourage lazy shits to work.

The new carrot should be as simple as a like on social media. Individuals companies and organizations that do well can use their likes just like cash. Creating a working economy isn't difficult but maintaining it and preventing concepts that kill it from entering it is. Interest has killed our economy.

Money doesn't really motivate lazy people though. It's just negative incentive to force people to adhere to a system that enslaves them. Most research I've read shows that people on a basic living income don't become more lazy, they become more self-actualized... and that's precisely what the barons of industry *don't* want, because self-actualized people can't be controlled, and then the historical aristocracy becomes perfunctory. Most people who have basic living income will not work under shitty capitalism. Instead they develop new business models and projects that are true to who they are, and start sharing those with society. Really this is about the bourgeois. It's the same reason why it's OK to own three homes now and enslave a working class family so that you don't have to work. It's not fair but it does certainly increase neo-serfdom which ensures a society that does not rebel against its overlords.

Capitalism is extremely resilient with a lot of built-in resistance to incursions. That's why it has to go global, infect every facet of global society, and then it will burn out. The reason is that its flaws have to become globally devastating with no reserve sector to save it before people are willing to give it up. As long as one country can experience a boom while another is experiencing a bust, the collective ideology surrounding capitalism won't ever really shift, because there will always be a "success story" somewhere to be upheld, and the societies that are experiencing devastation can just keep borrowing "money" from others in the system. You know, all the western nations owe each other trillions of dollars that will never be paid back, but it's all owed to creditors, and those creditors are run by the wealthy elites. Nations are literally indebted to imaginary institutions who control them with imaginary credit ratings. Those ratings only have effectiveness because they serve as signals to nations to stop believing in the low-credit nations. It's entirely faith-based, but based on control.

Unfortunately, humanity is going to have to experience severe global inequity before the necessary changes occur. That, or total ecological collapse. Capitalism will not voluntarily transform without external pressure. Natural ecosystems are an externality (according to capitalism), therefore it is one externality which could shift the model. Either the environment shifts to scarcity, reducing access to input materials; or the environment shifts in such a way that lack of habitability renders the economic model moot (like if people can't breathe, have drinking water, adequate safe food, shelter, etc.)

The man behind the curtain really is the world's 15-20 richest families. They own practically everything, directly or otherwise. Marx was right in the sense that the economic model is a reflection of humanity's social status. We have secular democracy because it suits the economy model. Kind of like how women were nobodies before World War II but then because of a domestic labour shortage, suddenly they become fully capable people. The women's rights movement really started then. But secular democracy was granted to us by the elites. The Magna Carta was granted by a King because it suited their idea of progress. When rights are no longer congruent with their agendas, then rights disappear along with economy. That's what's happening to the Middle class right now. They've decided that consumer capitalism is over, they've raked in their share, and now it's time to return to rich vs. poor like the old days.

The taps of wealth are being turned off now because consumer capitalism is ending. When that happens, liberal institutionism will decline and conservativism will rise. It always happens that way. Then the populace rebels against conservativism, and the cycle starts over again. But really, the people running the show never change. It's all just a bait and switch. What we really need to do is dismantle the old money - but first we have to get people to actually see it for what it is, and that's the #1 most difficult task. The 99% movement on Wall Street started it. Yeah it was lame in many ways, but it got one thing right: they went after the banks. After that, every major city in North America created municipal laws to ban camp-outs. They effectively ended entrenched forms of protesting. That's how scared the government got.

Then the right wingers in the U.S. created their own counter movement, based on utter idiocy because being reactionary is what they're good at. Then the whole thing became polarized into right vs. left. And then the government laughed and the threat was over, while passing new security laws to stop it from ever happening again.

If we really want the world to change we have to dismantle the richest families and the banks. No other way around it. These people have names and addresses. The government may protect them but the general populace far outnumbers the government. Their biggest advantage is that they keep a low profile and they create endless distractions so that people won't cast aspersions at them. The ones maintaining power are actually rather weak. When people think of government and control, they think of police forces and the military. They don't think of old men in board rooms plotting mass allocations of money and economic manipulation. There are literally less than 100 people on the entire planet who have the power to change utterly everything. We need to go after those people.

Last edited:
Wow Foreigner, right on... I somehow missed this post. It's so frustrating to watch the same pattern play out as we can study in history. But it's extraordinarily difficult if not outright impossible to do anything about it. That's why I say you should work on making your local world as good and wholesome as possible. There are good people, and there is still joy to be had. I do fear for little children and for my own future in 20, 30, 40 years if I'm still alive. But no point in dwelling on that. If your local world is pretty good, you can still live a satisfying life. And why not? Take what you can. I know you have some bad circumstances, but I bet it's possible to find some measure of happiness. Maybe I'm biased because I live in an awesome place and I have my health, but the fact that I can do it is proof it can be done. Am I burying my head in the sand? No, I'm aware of how fucked up things are. I just refuse to let it destroy me.

How do you guys like the new look/software? I fucking love it. :)

Me too. :) The software is so much better, easier to use, good mobile experience. 10/10 would upgrade again.

Hey Nix, what's been up?

Wow I accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread and holy shit I miss some old-timers. :(

Nm friend. Getting ready to go to work. I'm moving in two weeks.
:love: the mobile experience
How are things going with you? Glad to see you haven't projected from your body and ascended permanently in any ALD 52 commutes

Last edited:
Well, in fact I have become a stream of conscious data that lives in the electronic architecture of Bluelight. However I can manifest a physical form when I choose. So I kinda did do what you said, but it's an improvement as now I am immortal. ?‍♂️

Things are pretty good, finally about to reach a settlement in my divorce, I'll have to give her a good bit of money but at last it will be over and I can change my name back on here. Probably could now too but I'm gonna wait just in case. I got hit with a lot of stuff recently, one of my cats has cancer and hyperthyroidism, and I have some water drainage issues, and I have to buy a car soon. So a lot of money stress but it'll be alright. Working hard in 2 bands, I'm about to go to practice for one of them and we're playing a music festival next weekend and also another one in August plus a lot of other shows.

Where are you moving to?

I'm moving to Florida %)

Well, in fact I have become a stream of conscious data that lives in the electronic architecture of Bluelight. However I can manifest a physical form when I choose. So I kinda did do what you said, but it's an improvement as now I am immortal. ?‍♂️

:eek:?‍♂️

Divorce drawing near huh? Congratulations man. I know it's been going on for a while now. As for your cat, I'm sorry brother. Having sick pets is rough. Cats are ascended animals and don't deserve diseases shared with humans. I hope it gets better. Very happy to hear your music is selling well though. DM me if you have any recorded. If you have tapes or CDs I'll buy one :alien:?

Read anything good recently?

Last edited:
One of my bands has a 5-song EP we recorded a couple of years ago, we recorded it and mixed it ourselves (my guitar player built a music studio in his house, which he uses now to record bands professionally in his off time), and used my art for the album art. It's pretty different than we sound now, we only have half the same members. The other band hasn't recorded anything with me yet. I think there might be some video that got recorded through nice sound gear. This Fall we're going to try to record one though. There are a couple of CDs but they're from years ago.

Thanks about the cat. She's 15 so kinda old, but not that old for a cat. So far they haven't seen signs of metastasis, which is good, it means getting it removed cure her. But they also found out that she has developed hyperthyroidism and they said they can't operate until that gets under control. So she's been on medication for about a week, in 2 more weeks they're gonna do bloodwork again to see where she's at.

I just re-read the "Hitchhiker's Guide" books, that was fun. I've recently read a lot of really good fantasy. Most recently, it was Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series and then the trilogy that follows called Naamah's Blessing... they were really good, first person perspective and really vivid and beautiful. I forget whether you like the fantasy genre, a lot of people scoff at it but good fantasy is like reading philosophical works, but wrapped in a story that is really entertaining and gripping.

If you do like fantasy I have some more:

• The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R Donaldson - The second trilogy is the best. Really strange books but I enjoyed them a lot
  • The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson - The only downside to these is he's only written the first 3 so far and it's planned to be like 10 books. But they're great
  • The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Stephen Erikson - swilow recommended these to me and they're the best things I've ever read, so amazing, and also kinda hard to read especially at first. Totally unique, really amazing use of the English language and the most intense storyline ever with some of the most beautiful writing I've ever read that just hits you out of nowhere. I let my good friend read them, he says they're the best things he's ever read. I told my brother about them, and he says the same. My girlfriend said they were up there with the best, but never finished them because they got too intense.
  • The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss - Another first person perspective, really unique and beautiful books also. Been waiting forever for the third book to be released, he claims it will only be 3 books long but it's hard to imagine how he could wrap up the story in one so hopefully that's not disappointing but the first two are amazing.

You should send me some of your art if you ever take any pictures. Do you not jam to your older music?

If there were a genre of fiction I liked, it'd certainly be high fantasy. Being able to view what people can think up is an important insight. It's like a conversation, in some ways less personal but more impactful.

Though I never did read a lick of HF. Not even LOTR. So this post has been incredibly guiding! I'll start with Thomas Covenant. Thanks! :geek:

Philosophy reading to me is almost always a chore. Dialogue, real conversation is where I thrive and understand concepts. But there's a value in reading, REALLY reading (like questioning every other sentence and analyzing cases made), that I would be dearly mistaken to avoid.

Last edited:
Thomas Covenant is old school, not the best of the ones I suggested. They're good though. Good fantasy is like really fun philosophy, sort of. :)

Yeah we still play our old music, just saying it's not very reflective of modern times. I'll PM you though.

I'll post some art in here too, I have some on imgur already.

NSFW:

803OlJq.jpg

3iXEzeM.jpg

nfiLi5k.jpg

JoRRVg1.jpg

KGNjWR6.jpg

Fn0gSBm.jpg

Also here are 2 photographs I took, the first one is a glass of water rippling from me stomping on the deck, and the second one is a piece of my art through a glass bowl of water that is being rippled by being hit with a straw:

NSFW:

Z6lRZcN.jpg

xso8jiO.jpg

Last edited:
Thomas Covenant is old school, not the best of the ones I suggested. They're good though. Good fantasy is like really fun philosophy, sort of. :)

Yeah we still play our old music, just saying it's not very reflective of modern times. I'll PM you though.

I'll post some art in here too, I have some on imgur already.

NSFW:

803OlJq.jpg

3iXEzeM.jpg

nfiLi5k.jpg

JoRRVg1.jpg

KGNjWR6.jpg

Fn0gSBm.jpg

Also here are 2 photographs I took, the first one is a glass of water rippling from me stomping on the deck, and the second one is a piece of my art through a glass bowl of water that is being rippled by being hit with a straw:

NSFW:

Z6lRZcN.jpg

xso8jiO.jpg

Damn! That first and last painting are dope as f***.... Also digging the effects on that last photo. I would totally buy.

Thanks! I developed the techniques myself. For a while I was making and selling art but I found it rather lonely and rediscovered music which is way more fulfilling. I have a shit ton of paintings hanging all over my house and my friends' houses and in my closet.

Speaking of fantasy, I'm reading the Locke Lamora series atm . . . anyone read it? Its good, pretty brutal at times and also light-hearted and witty. Different to other fantasy that I've read and in a cool bunch of 'unique' settings, largely based on Venice style canal-cities. Worth a read...

@Shadowmeister love that last photo man ?

Interesting. You should give the Jacqueline Carey novels a try that I mentioned above. Really good books. Based on an "alternate Earth" of sort of the middle ages/Rennaisance Europe/Asia/Africa, different names and cultures and type of world, but cleary borrowing from reality.

Just ordered the Locke Lamora series. :) I've been wanting something new to read for a while.

It is a possibility. Or you could be swiss cheese that is having a dream it is a human.

Boom, nailed it.

Non-existence?
Well, it's just existence innit.....Ya know, it's just.......there, fuckin' everywhere, all around us.......I don't think you per se, put it there, or anybody else I can think of. I didn't fuckin' put it there, yet there it is.........fuck knows where it came from, it's just.....there. Ah well, best get on with it I suppose.

ignore this guy i am not jewish nor he so what

*EDIT
also PLS BRING
Tut Ching Yabalz back online he is great and not kris ;)