• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The espresso making method for PPT

It's definitely more morphine. It contains morphine and codeine as the primary alkaloids, so you're getting both (plus a bunch of other minor alkaloids which are poorly understood but which make it last MUCH longer than morphine and codeine do on their own - like 3 times as long). It feels closest to morphine. It's essentially the same as eating opium. It's a heavy duty opiate. There is no plateau effect to it (that is if you mean a ceiling effect where you can't get higher). You will keep getting higher to the point you can OD and die.

Definitely feeling it way more today and yesterday, with new coffee maker. Only had 40g 6 diazepam and few other bits mgģg .m
Sorry if its been mentioned already, but how would people rate the average strength of Poppy-Pod Tea? Would it be more akin to taking a lot of codeine with not a lot of tolerance to it or more towards morphine?
Somewhere between the two? Its something I've never tried before, Crossed my mind mind you, but I've never gone to the effort of growing them/grinding them up, though I know you can buy them online however I don't know the legality of that in Ireland.

Also, is there an eventual plateau effect to the high?
It's legal in the UK and even though I can't signpost you where most places will ship to most of Europe.

It's very difficult to say what it feels like, when I 1st started taking codeine about 20 years ago, it really blew me away for a good few weeks. With Morphine, similar but I'd been so used to long term codeine phosphate and dhc that I think it was quite an easy transition but because I was instantly prescribed higher than the recommended dose as well as prescribed other things like Diazepam, it was blowing me away in a similar way to I remember codeine used to just more so. With poppy pods it does feel very different to anything else I've done. The most similar would probably be smoking H.

Very hard question to answer as I don't know your history or tolerance etc.

It is long lasting 5 hours minimum I'd say up to 10 bit heard other ppl say much longer.

Pretty unpredictable for onset, had it hit me almost instantly and also had 5 or 6 hours!!

Always separate from seeds and grind up all of it as you could have few pods that are miles stronger, so grinding all gives consistency.

Definitely feeling it way more today and yesterday, with new coffee maker. Only had 40g 6 diazepam and few other bits mgģg .m

It's legal in the UK and even though I can't signpost you where most places will ship to most of Europe.

It's very difficult to say what it feels like, when I 1st started taking codeine about 20 years ago, it really blew me away for a good few weeks. With Morphine, similar but I'd been so used to long term codeine phosphate and dhc that I think it was quite an easy transition but because I was instantly prescribed higher than the recommended dose as well as prescribed other things like Diazepam, it was blowing me away in a similar way to I remember codeine used to just more so. With poppy pods it does feel very different to anything else I've done. The most similar would probably be smoking H.

Very hard question to answer as I don't know your history or tolerance etc.

It is long lasting 5 hours minimum I'd say up to 10 bit heard other ppl say much longer.

Pretty unpredictable for onset, had it hit me almost instantly and also had 5 or 6 hours!!

Always separate from seeds and grind up all of it as you could have few pods that are miles stronger, so grinding all gives consistency.

Appreciate the reply - same to you @Xorkoth

Last time I looked into it was during the drought that hit the UK and Ireland in 2010 as a potential means to wean off so that I wouldn't have to go on methadone, although I ultimately had to anyway, which ended up serving me well as my habit was through the roof - thankfully its never gotten as bad as that again - then again the gear has never returned to what it was pre-2010 anyway.

If I thought I was in a bad enough position where I thought I might need to have to go back on methadone again (it'll never happen, I just went two weeks with nothing) then I'd probably try the poppy pod tea route. I'm curious to try it anyway but then again I could end up liking it too much and it could end up becoming a whole addiction in itself because I've read plenty of first hand case-studies studies online of people with full blown PPT addictions. Smoking H was my preferred ROA so I reckon I'd best leave it alone.

I wish that I had heard of this back when I used to make pod tea. That was like 16-17 years ago. I had an espresso maker back then too!

Maybe I'll get lucky one day and come across some decently priced pods again

Just water, temperature doesn't matter.

When you pour in the grounds don't pack them down.

I can't remember how much i used but made it very strong. In fact i used the larger sized stovetop espresso maker since the funnel could hold more.

You can run water through the grounds 2x.
I used to have a book about the proper way to prepare for coffee and tea and there was a whole lot in the book about water temperature and why it matters.

According to this book the water used for preparing coffee or tea should be as cold as possible. There was a higher percentage of alkaloids and phytochemicals in tea and coffee when prepared with cold water vs hot.

The reason given was the higher dissolved oxygen content in cooler water. That's why cold water tastes better too.

I used to have a book about the proper way to prepare for coffee and tea and there was a whole lot in the book about water temperature and why it matters.

According to this book the water used for preparing coffee or tea should be as cold as possible. There was a higher percentage of alkaloids and phytochemicals in tea and coffee when prepared with cold water vs hot.

The reason given was the higher dissolved oxygen content in cooler water. That's why cold water tastes better too.

Well my logic was first, to speed up the process (i was doing it daily and double running it through the grounds) and also due to me fear that excessive time on the stove would expose the grounds themselves to excessive heat (beyond 350°F) thus putting morphine at risk of damage. If you fill the base with very hot water, it spends far less time over open flame. Thus exposing the ground to lower average temperatures (essentially just the stream). If you have hot or even near boiling water in the base then in very little time on the stove it will boil and stream extract the pods). With the second run through the grounds there will remain maybe a minute fraction of the original morphine content. Virtually all the alkaloids have been steam and pressure extracted into solution.

I used to put a few pieces of ice in the top during the second run too keep it cooler. I also poured a bit of calcium hydroxide (lime) into the first brew often times. Not sure it was sound, was trying to make it more soluble/heat resistant, doubt it helped.

I just got 2 espresso makers to make the tea fast and strong . I Understand brewing the grounds a second time, but does using the liquid from the first brew in making the second brew make it any stronger than plain water and mixing the 2?

Last edited:
I just got 2 espresso makers to make the tea fast and strong . I Understand brewing the grounds a second time, but does using the liquid from the first brew in making the second brew make it any stronger than plain water and mixing the 2?
I'm not a particularly scientific person 😅 but if I have 4 single brew either 9 or 12 cup espresso makers and run it through once, then I do feel it a bit by the end but that's around 7g daily or more.

Sorry just noticed, to prove my point, I've only had the 1 cup, with the potency I have, I actually been slowing down. Did the tea, using my normal method, plus only used

If I do the reusing method I feel a massive difference and would feel 50g more than the 100 🤷‍♂️, I've had only this way for 🤔 18 months, with max 10 days off in total genuinely. I know that when I had the tea earlier, my right looks outwards and other is straight ahead. That for me is when I'm smashed, my only issue is balance when I get it 🤣

Few really important points.

-- Never pack it down, just use the coffee scoop and fill it over, then use a bank card, ruler etc to smooth off the excess and make sure all covered and levelled out. Otherwise the water can't be pushed through the grounds.

--I actually don't bother reusing for 2nd run, doesn't make that much difference!!!! Reusing the original tea with fresh pods does.

--tighten up as much as possible, I've had it before where liquid drips out of the screw section.

--Clean regularly..... especially the metal piece at bottom, the plastic ring that covers it. Plus the cup itself, I was finding sometimes if I tried running under tap, the water doesn't drain in a straight line..... if you see that there are 3 bumps looking into the cup, it means you can push mesh off. I use the blunt end of a wooden kebab stick and push out mesh, through the tube. Amazing how much gunk can accumulate, which likely to cause blockage.

-- Finally start the heat off very slow. My hob goes to 5, I use it on about ½, then near the end increase the heat...... doing it like, that means the powder is getting fully absorbed. However by the end it may sound like all the waters passed but that's because the water/tea bottom piece needs more pressure to push out any liquid remaining.

-- Apart from that 🤔 always leave enough room and don't go past the pressure valve. I also look from the inside.

--I have found through the probably 1000 times, put in a tiny smidge of water, in the top, enough to cover the bottom...... not sure why but it might o help stopping overheating it

All I can think of at the moment 😄, if you need any other advice then msg mate 👍

Last edited:
I know it depends on potency of pods, but about how many grams do you use per dose and how many times a day do you dose?

I know it depends on potency of pods, but about how many grams do you use per dose and how many times a day do you dose?
There's no way to say, not to do with potency, all comes down to not pressing it down. If u do even slightly likely to clog up and not work 👍

Its simple:

Watch it and dont leave it on longer than necessary. Don't use a normal drip coffee maker. It must be this type, although apparently electronic espresso makers work too. Has to be an espresso maker of some sort to take advantage of the pressurized steam.
This is the only way!! couple tips. Don’t fill the powder in too tight. It should be loosely filled so when steam passes theogh it don’t get clogged. It happens really easily.
I put a thin layer of stalks that are crushed up to paper thin This prevents clogging a little bc the holes are very small.
I add a little lemon juice in the water.
I usually will just do two runs. Anything more is wasting time.
I’ll often make two cups , then Evap the liquid down to a thick syrup. Be careful and don’t overheat. You don’t want to burn anything. Use a fan with a hairdryer instead of oven.
Start slow. This method is so mmuch more efficient than anything else you can easily overdo it. a friend of mine yrs ago said one cup( usually a coffee mug full) felt like an old school 40 mg OC … but the legs are much longer.
WDs are a bitch so go easy

Well my logic was first, to speed up the process (i was doing it daily and double running it through the grounds) and also due to me fear that excessive time on the stove would expose the grounds themselves to excessive heat (beyond 350°F) thus putting morphine at risk of damage. If you fill the base with very hot water, it spends far less time over open flame. Thus exposing the ground to lower average temperatures (essentially just the stream). If you have hot or even near boiling water in the base then in very little time on the stove it will boil and stream extract the pods). With the second run through the grounds there will remain maybe a minute fraction of the original morphine content. Virtually all the alkaloids have been steam and pressure extracted into solution.

I used to put a few pieces of ice in the top during the second run too keep it cooler. I also poured a bit of calcium hydroxide (lime) into the first brew often times. Not sure it was sound, was trying to make it more soluble/heat resistant, doubt it helped.