European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROAs with faster onset are usually considered to be more dangerous because of their ability to cause a higher plasma concentration.
Of course, the counter argument is that people might tend to taking more of the slower ROA because they want it come on faster, and end up worse off.

Good point twice over. I could see it maybe being a problem for folks unfamiliar with GBL but once you find yer sweetspot you know exactly where you stand with GBL. As you say, GHB creeps up on ya and it's easier to accidentally overdo it without caution. Unless your conversion technique is bang on I'd imagine there's a fair bit of variability in concentration/potency from one batch to the next too.

I like both personally. Horses, courses.

With GBL just redose half a ml every 5 min till i'm good never od, with GHB i redose to soon and od all the time.

same ^ I od on GHB to the point where my friend throws shit at me and I do the dope lean and fall asleep. then i realize i have to pee and its an emergency to the bathroom.

GBL all the way, though i get concerned about addiction, so i take a break by doing opiates

just extend the dosing times to begin with, adding in an hour each day, then reducing the dose, then once settled on that, extend dosing times. or you can switch straight to prebgabalin and use that instead for a week, then reduce dose over three days then stop. or take one at night for a week, reducing dosage, then stop. but i've found switching to pregab i could stop in a week.

stick with it. but the baclofen comes with horrors of its own if you cold turkey it. nightmares especially, and bad shaking and terror during the day.

good luck

Thanks for the info, i was struggling there. was off g for 4 days and on baclofen, although it helped kicking the g, i felt like shit (understandably) ended up popping a lot of baclofen to keep sane... was stready, was making work, sleeping at night but was terribly withdrawn from people. I didnt really expect much less but as i started lowering baclofen i suffered mania, and real panic attacks

I am down to 75mg a day, slowly tapering, did think about pregab but never introduced it to my withdrawl schedule

Its been a long slog but thats me 4 weeks clean of g..... i still feel lost without it! My body sceams out to get high, but when i think to those 35+ml days i realise why i got rid. but sometimes you do wonder what situation is the better... or the worse. i guess you lose a little of yourself when you embrce the g

Yeah mate, I can empathise. Once you cross the threshold of two hourly redosing at 3mls every two hours, you're only thought is when can I take some more G. Thats why I advocate the conversion to ghb. Slower come up, much longer effect, and a slow come down.

Baclofen is a miracle in avoiding the worst of the G withdrawals, and I'm into 3rd month G free. Though I still have a craving for it.. When I'm on it, it completely cuts out the world outside, but leaves me then insular, and isolated. S'funny how we keep repeating the same behaviour and anticipating a diferent outcome.

Pregab is good for getting off the baclofen, which has its own nasty side, even after a week to ten days of very high doses. After that, in my experience, some pregab and booze, greatly helps, then cut out the pregab, after tapering, and just have a few drinks a day. That's what worked for me.

Good luck!

As I've said a million times, GHB withdrawal is much easier than GBL withdrawal. If you're wanting to stop, then converting to GHB and using that for a week or so will make things better. Baclofen has a similar withdrawal to G, and should be tapered as people have said above. Pregabalin, in my case, didn't help much at all with the withdrawal, but I am already prescribed it. Nothing, bar a large dose of phenibut, would successfully deal with my withdrawals, if I were to go through it now. Last time I came off G, I took pregabalin, baclofen, alcohol and benzos, and was still in such serious withdrawal that I would have gone to hospital, if I hadn't have had some antipsychotics I had knocking about. They floored me, and I slept through the worst.

Can I just mention re the Robitussin.................it's sugar free and contains Maltitol and Sorbitol as a sugar substitute so anyone using this as a cushioning efffect please be aware you may experience these substances as having a laxative effect. At 9.30am I'd woken up from G induced sleep lasting unintentionally for many hours and just took half a ml GBL trying to cut down then 40mg propanolol, as I still felt tired and had an appointment I daren't add in any diazepaam (which I normally would but withless propanolol) so I'd just sleep through it. Shakes/anxiety etc thru the roof although external stuff non drug related and out of my hannds is bombarding me at the moment so prob made it worse, then I thought "AH 60mg of DXM as previously advised" and took only 37.5mg at 11.30am redeuced due to the other meds already ingested.
Well within the hour I was a slave to the bathroom for several hours and I am not even sure at the fast rate that the sensitivity to the maltitol developed whether my body had time to absorb any of the DXM :s just a word to let others know that it does state on the OTC cough mixture jar, however I didn't see this until after I had taken it.
I nearly never got to my appointment because of the reaction to the maltitol. Having spoken to the accommpanying advocate in the morning after the propanolol and 0.5 of GBL & robitusson before the side effects kicked in I was an anxious wreck.
What I then had to do was not eat or drink so that I had a chance to make this appt, and I was also feeling quite sick-taking mammoth amounts of BVits etc she was pulling her hair out at my negativity and anxiety over the phone, so I had to make a judgement call. I redosed wirth G and took my methylphenidate so that I stayed awake.
Advocate arrived here and was ubr impressed at how calmm and much more in control I was compared to when they had spoken to me this morning.
What it's important to explain is that how I am whilst dosing with G (not by choice but out of neccessity) is how I used to be without it. How I am without G is nothing like I have ever experienced.
I just told her I'd taken a valium from some I'd bought off the internet.
I have previously told them all about how long I was on their waiting list during which time as things became difficult, the G usage increased. They didn't even know what it was. Then they moved me over to the non substance based section! LOL
I'm like my own walking bloody pharmacy, just got more chlonodine to try and help with the anxiety and it is used in conjunction with the methylphenidate I'm prescribed.
I think if I hadn't let G make me isolate I'd have probably be out at weekends havijng fun on a bit of MDMA. I've gpt PTSD and they reckon it'll be legally prescibed over here in 10 years to treat long term sufferers where CBT has failed and it's been pretty perpetuated lifelong. I think it is already used as such in a few EU countries as you can erradicate the symptoms in around 8 week after years of hell. I started using G to help me sleep thru the nightmares...............MDMA would have been much less harmful and beneficial every so often.
Don't really wanna have another shit 10 yrs waiting on the off chance :)
But yeah my beauties, watch your bowels and your botties if you try the Robitusson as some of you may be sensitive to the maltitol or sorbitol.

I ordered 2 more effing litres of BASF in an up G mode as my Chinese stuff was low and I was worried about tapering (in reality I had more than enough). I am so pi**ed off as it's about the most stupid thing I've done since thinking it was the miracle magic answer when I very first picked it up. I even thought I had only ordered one litre, then found another.

What a twat eh? :) good luck everyone x

Last edited:
Been doing about 20 ml a day 24/7 for almsost 3 weeks. Im guessing I wont be sleeping tonight. When can I expect to have felt the 'peak' of the withdrawals? Im 4 and a bit hours in. I have managed to taper to 1ml every 2 hours over the last few days though but I have also binged while tapering.

Should I cold turkey tonight or hold the taper at 1ml every 2 hours for another day?

Last edited:
Help

See earlier post re coming off G.
Having had no more than 3mls og GBL since 9.30am & 3pm I then had a 2nd 37.5mg dose of DXM @ 5.30pm with food & a large vodka.

Result is horrible, tottall offf my face not in a nice way. At 9.30pm I took a 20mg methylphenidate hoping it'd jolt me out of feeling that way & then read it's a high risk combination.

I drank loads of water and threw up but the tablet dissolves pretty fast.

Mentioned heart attack risk, seretonin syndrome and a major uncomfortable time.

Introducing this dxm into the mix has made the w/d so much worse for me personally as I usually knock all the adhd stuff on the head and use mega b vit valium and propanolol.

I'm panicking a bit so can someone with chemical knowledge get back to me if they're about now.

Oh I am also on tramadol for an injury and that's a contraindication too, but I was so out of it I don't know if I took 2 of them at about 6-7-I don't think I did.

Only took the methylphenidate to try and break the horrific vile state the DXM & 1 drink induced. Worse than any G w/d's I've had and I was going along ok before adding in thDXM so I am obviously over sensitive to it.

Plus I'm on the bloody loo again due to the maltitol, I just didn't want to continue the G.

My doses outlined are quite low my bmi is 21 something but am I in danger and is there anything I should look out for and become worried about.

At the mo I am just drinking lots of water to flush it thru my system if that's poss.

Thanks everyone. I'll stick to my tried and tested methods of stopping G as no doubt being a total fuckwit this won't be the last time since I ordered litres more of the stuff. SO annoyed with myself for doing that!

This mega b vitiman complex thats meant to help, where can I buy that? Holland and barret? Does it actually help?

Last edited:
As I've said a million times, GHB withdrawal is much easier than GBL withdrawal. If you're wanting to stop, then converting to GHB and using that for a week or so will make things better. Baclofen has a similar withdrawal to G, and should be tapered as people have said above. Pregabalin, in my case, didn't help much at all with the withdrawal, but I am already prescribed it. Nothing, bar a large dose of phenibut, would successfully deal with my withdrawals, if I were to go through it now. Last time I came off G, I took pregabalin, baclofen, alcohol and benzos, and was still in such serious withdrawal that I would have gone to hospital, if I hadn't have had some antipsychotics I had knocking about. They floored me, and I slept through the worst.

That's the point here, and best advice any one can be given. DO the conversion. Its very easy, and will be much much easier on your system down the line.

my advice for gbl wd, just tough it out for 3 days, its horrific but its over quick. If you cant get hold of things like benzos or phenibut just get some valerian, drink cham tea and stay in bed for 2-3 days, then its over.

my advice for gbl wd, just tough it out for 3 days, its horrific but its over quick. If you cant get hold of things like benzos or phenibut just get some valerian, drink cham tea and stay in bed for 2-3 days, then its over.

That's what I did. It is indeed horrific. I'd advise getting some gabapentin and some valium. Easy withdrawals then, almost too easy and I think that's why I've relapsed so many times.

I went without last time and it has put me off doing it again.

Be well all - hugs to those struggling

Yep that's what I normally do but when I read adding DXM in the mix was easier I thought I'd try it. Never again. Valarian is also available from bioforce as a tincture called dormiscun or something, I also use the Yogi tea and the detox yogi tea as well as L5HTP & 1,000MG multivit b complex and other bits ad bobs I have aready gone into previously.

I took 10 mg valium to get to sleep last night, obviously still taking my high dose supps but today I've switched from propanolol my normal anxiety medication to clonidine and no need for valium today where my body is adjusting to the new clonodine ( I'd been given it before in conjunction with my ADHD methylphenidate and it made me too sleepy) so it's quite a handy time to re-introduce it.

I am hoping if I can lay off the G for a while proceed with the clonodine and proper GP med regime aside from initially alleviating the anxiety and w/d's short term, in the long term it'll help overall. I've almost forgotten what my life used to be like before.

Everyone seems to react differently to each different drug I realise that, and for those who manage to incorporate G into their life with no adverse effects then I'm really chuffed for them, I however only have to minimally does (never more than 1.5 or just over maybe 90 mins or 2 hourly even for an evening thru the night and some of the next day to have a horrific comedown.

I am sensitive to a lot of bog standard meds anyway tho, and also used to drink alot for a susbstantial chunk of my years and I suspect that's made my CNS damaged and more sensitive. I've also had several traumatic events recently one after the other and that's led to an exacerbation of anxiety so for me it's not been a good combination.

I've used GHB in the past in conjunction with MDMA just over the weekends with friends whilst clubbing and it was a totally different experience. I think there are a lot of individual components that contribute to usage and effect.

I've not posted enough yet to be able to send PM's but SnrG if you're reading this that is why I have not got back to you from ages ago, I need to up my posting. All I will say is what you outlined overall in your message was almost a mirror image of mine which was uncanny. Hopefully I will reach that 50 posting mark soon.

I'm pretty overwhelmed with some evironmental issues and health probs I'm facing at the mo. I don't have a support network but feel so saturated with everything bottlenecking in my life at once that I just want the word to go away and leave me to hibernate for a bit. I go days without being able to face going online talking on the phone, and haven't been out alone for months due to something that happened to me so maybe I should make my posts shorter and more often then it'd be easier :)

Re the conversion from GBL/GHB I read the doc I think it was M DeVille linked to earlier and from what I recall (although the DXM yesterday may've impaired my interpretation) there were no real pro's and cons for doing the conversion and at the moment I'm not even able to get my head around making myself a cup of tea and am eating meal replacements as opposed to making food because I am so despressed and fatigued, so I doubt I'd be able to attempt the conversion, and I would also be worried about knowing my dose then.

I think GBL conversion to GHB in the body hammers it a lot more tho doesn't it? But can anyone explain in exactly what way? Does it impact on any organs more than others? I take a homeopathic livercare but then I am a lot of anti inflammatory and strong pain relief meds which are metabolised in the liver as well as other stuff so I just try to protect everything as much as poss, I also take a specific food suppliment with lots of minerals which is a powder a nurse recommended to me when I wasn't eating properly as I'd had a signigicant health issue then this other trauma and dropped stones. It enables your body to absorb anything else you put into it and kick starts your system into creating it's own manufacture of some of the vitamins it's lacking.

I'll be less vague when I can respond privately upto 50 msgs as I think there's a couple of people I know who may use this site who I don't want to recognise my circumstances.

Last edited:
I'm really interested to know what exactly it was you didn't like about the DXM?

Ruffchuck: Taking Ritalin during G withdrawal is going to make the symptoms way worse. I'd stop taking it, if you want an easier ride. Also, GBL doesn't hammer any organs, the conversion is done in the blood. GHB, on the other hand, will give your kidneys a bit of a kicking, if taken in very high doses, due to it being a salt. So, although GHB is easier withdrawal-wise, it's not as good for you physically. Saying that, I don't know of anyone who's had any physical issues from taking it.

Ruffchuck: Taking Ritalin during G withdrawal is going to make the symptoms way worse. I'd stop taking it, if you want an easier ride. Also, GBL doesn't hammer any organs, the conversion is done in the blood. GHB, on the other hand, will give your kidneys a bit of a kicking, if taken in very high doses, due to it being a salt. So, although GHB is easier withdrawal-wise, it's not as good for you physically. Saying that, I don't know of anyone who's had any physical issues from taking it.

Hi Treacs, I NEVER EVER usually take my Ritalin whilst w/d from GBL, but I was desperate for something to jolt me out of the effects of the DXM!!!! It did work then I added in the clonodine for a softening of the blow.

Transform re the problem I had with DXM, I mentioned ages ago that if I took night nurse it was the equivalent of a bad acid trip and was assured that the components in DXM were different, as indeed they may be, however for me the effects were the same, I needed to be reasonably coherant and functional and I was off my effing head (and not off the loo) after the Robitussin!

Also SnrG. I have only just restarted the clonodine as before it used to mmake me too tired and I had childcare responsibilities, and was also on SSRI's (the devils poison to me) so I slept constantly and couldn't use them hence the propanolol. However, I had a trauma recently and also life is pretty turbulant overall at the moment and the anxiety has been raging, and propanolol does bugger all fort me and never has to be honest. I would say with regards some of the similarity in our life experiences that you check it out with a GP as it's used for PTSD, but usually within the 1st 6 weeks of the event to prevent the ongoing long term effects. I suspect like me yours is a sustained situation that you just attempt to regulate as it has been untreated and ongoing for many years as wel as perpetuated in one way or another, however I would still say it's deffo worth a try and better than Propanolol without question, but we're all individuals. I have 2 drops of liquid citalopram (a meagre minute dose) and within 36 hours I cant stand up and when I can I want to jump off a bridge/under a train so bad are the side effects. I'm also allergic to loads of standard meds.

I decided as I am only on the ritalin and pain meds now (apart from the benzo's I get offline only for the G w/d's LOL) to try the clonodine to take the edge off of the ritalin as I do find sometimes within the hour I start to get more agitated (this never used to happen prior to a stupid GP prescribing me SSRI's and deliberately misleading me as to what they were to try and but the practice expenditure as the controlled drugs for ADHD are very expensive. I also find that since the SSRI's the Ritalin/methylphenidate has lessened it's positive effects. That is because SSRI's rot your effing brain, you'd be better off going out once a month and doing MDMA than take SSRIs daily.

Wiki clonodine, it's been registered with the FDA to be used in conjunction with methylphenidate for ADHD treatment. I can't really say long term with regards anxiety as I am also still messing about a bit with the Guice and as it's only been a coupla days haphazardly it's too soon to tell overall regarding anxiety. If I am honest and had to say one way or the other though it's made a much more positive impact than the propanolol. I am approaching that time of the month which usually has a profound effect on my ADHD (hormone related intensity is commonly documented in ADD/ADHD females) and had started to earlier in the week pre clonidine and with propanolol, however, since I started the clonodine I have been uber bloody chilled even with the G off on crap going on, so I am hoping if I stick to a proper regime that it'll ease things significantly, as where I was earlier on in the week it looked significantly dangerous that I may self implode. I mean as in I'd done the research and was just ready for the off as life been a c**t on an ongoing basis despite all my positivity and best efforts and I just have so much external shite going on as well as health, relationship probs, crime (victim of) and other significant top 3 shit stressful things to deal with that I felt f***ed off and worn out!

Clonodine has therefore definitely impacted on me for the better my man so fingers crossed you can get to give it a go <3

Sorry I can't reply to pm's I must ake some short posts to puch my counter up, but I always ramble on :! LOL

But Treacs, I am in total agreement re the ritalin as per normal w/d's but the DMX effects were pretty 'out there' (fine if I had known and opted in maybe I'd have enjoyed it) but my reason for trying it was specifically because I couldn't afford to be spaced out on the day in question, it was total depersonalisation and utter effing weirdness, worse than what I have experienced on a normal G w/d LOL so the ritalin didn't feel great but it did bring reality back in and stop the freaky trippy stuff, and after that I used the clonodine to mellow that edgeyness out.

I was just worried about the contraindications of the DMX with Ritalin, but I downed a 10mg valium to get some shut eye in the end, and then cosied along with telly and clonodine and vits for the following day.

Love ya's all. Thank feck for this site eh?!

Thanks everyone ..............................I wanted to try the DXM to see if I could use it like someone else had mentioned daily to prevent the ill effects of G and keep it working like it used to in the early days, but I am not sure that's an option for me. I may give it another try. I'd only had 1 vodka over the space of an entire day and I was screamingly high off my sugar coated titties! 8o

Godd if that's what I was after but sadly in this instance it was the opposite. BT Yes you're right to point out to others that uppers are a deffo no no with a g w/d xxx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.